• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Opinion Favourite programming font?

Mick

What is your font of choice for programming? I have had a few favourites (Consolas, Source Code Pro) but for quite a while now I have been using the beautiful Inconsolata. What is your favourite?

JackTurbo

Anything that has good legibility at small sizes and is monospaced will work.

I would really stress that using monospaced fonts (typefaces where ever letter is the same width) is imho essential. I find it really helps with formatting and spotting mistakes etc

M

Menik

Personally prefer Lucida Console myself at a small size(10pt). I've just used it a lot, never really played around with others but maybe this is a good resource thread to give others a try. I do like neat-structured fonts so:

I would really stress that using monospaced fonts (typefaces where ever letter is the same width) is imho essential.
100% agree with this. If there's other monospaced fonts out there I'd love to try them.