Job Offer - General [PAID] Looking for someone experienced with consoles. (PS4, XB1, Switch)

• Thread starter DigitalCaffeine
  • Start date
D

DigitalCaffeine

Hi all,

I'm looking for someone with experience in bringing games made with Game Maker Studio 2 to consoles. Ideally who can guide and give advice about using the various plugins and the process of bringing a game from an almost completed state to published on these platforms. I'm leading a team of small hobby developers who want to do it right the first time.

Project development blog and our first trailer: https://www.studiodigitalcaffeine.com/

I didn't post a price because I don't know how involved the work will be, but let me know if you're interested and what other projects you've been a part of and we can go from there. I'm funding the project solo and would appreciate someone who can work with me on this.

Coded Games

I'm pretty sure YoYo is supposed to provide support with porting to consoles. If I remember correctly, they claimed the high prices was for advanced support.

D

Digital256

Can't help with your question, but your website and 'wrapping' for your project is awesome. Great work and keep it going!

D

DigitalCaffeine

I'm pretty sure YoYo is supposed to provide support with porting to consoles. If I remember correctly, they claimed the high prices was for advanced support.
According to one of the big 3 we talked to (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo), they wanted someone with direct experience working on the project who's done published work on Consoles before they OK'd the game. It's unfortunate but a requirement at the moment with our game for them, hence this job posting.

Can't help with your question, but your website and 'wrapping' for your project is awesome. Great work and keep it going!
Thanks for take a look at it, we'll be sure to keep it up!

D

DigitalCaffeine

I should add that experience with all 3 platforms isn't required. Even just one should suffice for the purpose of the project.

A bit off topic, but your trailer is 30 seconds of "this is a work in progress." Please cut that down to 3 seconds.

D

DigitalCaffeine

A bit off topic, but your trailer is 30 seconds of "this is a work in progress." Please cut that down to 3 seconds.
Apologies for that, I wanted the voice over piece there but I suppose I could have had something more interesting to look at while it was playing. I'll keep this in mind for the next time!

Sounds a bit chicken-and-the-egg-ey to me :p
Tell me about it, I'm almost ready to look for a publisher instead of going for a developer status for this project and go harder next time.

Apologies for that, I wanted the voice over piece there but I suppose I could have had something more interesting to look at while it was playing. I'll keep this in mind for the next time!

Tell me about it, I'm almost ready to look for a publisher instead of going for a developer status for this project and go harder next time.
I watched it without sound.

D

DigitalCaffeine

We're experienced with PlayStation 4 and Vita publishing. We've released two games on these platforms (both digitally and physically via Limited Run Games), and have a third on the way.
I just sent you an email, thank you!