• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

OFFICIAL GMS2 Version 2.2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Release Notes

Runtime Release Notes

This topic is for the discussion of issues relating to the update of GameMaker Studio 2. However, this does not replace our normal bug reporting system and you should report all bugs as normal using http://www.yoyogames.com/bug

You should post here if:
  • Something has changed between the previous version and this one, breaking your game (ie: code that worked previously now does not)
  • Something reported as fixed in the release notes is not actually fixed
  • You are having IDE or system issues related to something new in this update
  • You are having issues with new features introduced in this version
  • You are having issues updating to this version
  • Everything works and you want to tell us we are great (seriously, let us know if it all works correctly for you)
When reporting issues, please try to add as much information as possible, for example:
  • If the issue is with the IDE, then please give a screenshot if you can to help illustrate the problem
  • If there are error windows, then a link to the "ui.log" file found in the ProgramData folder for GMS2
  • If it is a code issue, then link to or attach a YYZ showing the most basic project possible which exhibits the behavior
  • If you receive any error dialogues, please screenshot them
  • If it is a system issue (like compiling to a specific target) then please provide details of the PC being used as well as the software versions involved
Again: posting a comment in these release threads is not a replacement for filing a bug!

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
To answer your first question: Ross is off sick this week, so I did the post. Normal service will resume shortly. ;)

You gave me the scare for awhile. I couldn't open my projects after switching IDE. Should have left a note telling us noobs to logout and sign back in to resolve it. But nope, I haven't noticed anything amiss so far, hopefully none. :cool:

H

HW.

To answer your first question: Ross is off sick this week, so I did the post. Normal service will resume shortly. ;)
Please click "Release Notes" link, the log is still 2.1.5 there. Someone forgot to add the 2.2.0 notes there.

Edit: @Dan, Oops sorry it was my Chrome cache. I refreshed multiple times and still saw it was still 215. But, after you mentioned it, and try clearing cookies on privacy settings, it now display the current content. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
You gave me the scare for awhile. I couldn't open my projects after switching IDE. Should have left a note telling us noobs to logout and sign back in to resolve it. But nope, I haven't noticed anything amiss so far, hopefully none. :cool:
By "switching IDE" you mean "after updating to 2.2.0"? Unless you came from an older release, there's nothing in 2.2.0 which would have forced you to re-license, so not sure why that happened. We did do a small website deploy earlier, so it might have just been unlucky timing.

Please click "Release Notes" link, the log is still 2.1.5 there. Someone forgot to add the 2.2.0 notes there.
Caching issue on your end or somewhere in between us, I'm afraid, as the pages were live before I made this post (I even double-clicked Ross's links worked before I pressed "Post").

I also use https://gmapi.gnysek.pl as an external sanity check after each release, and that has been able to see the release notes fine since immediately after the release went live. Thanks, Piotr ;)

D1Project

Hello,

I'm having this error with the new Runtime v2.2.0.258:
"shader_set_uniform_f_array: Array too large for shader"
I'm on Mac.

Switching back to the last Runtime v2.1.5.246 solved the issue.
I've reported the bug.

By "switching IDE" you mean "after updating to 2.2.0"? Unless you came from an older release, there's nothing in 2.2.0 which would have forced you to re-license, so not sure why that happened. We did do a small website deploy earlier, so it might have just been unlucky timing.
Yeah, maybe just unlucky timing, or because I seldom logout after using it or also because it's tied to my Steam account which is also seldom logged out. In any case, just to clarify, the IDE and Runtime I have before 2.2.0 was both 2.1.5. What happened was, after I launched GMS2, I noticed it's already updated to 2.2.0 IDE - 2.1.5 runtime. Don't know what caused it, but when I attempted to launch the projects I have from the recent list and via "open file" from the "start page" they refuse to open. So I decided to go to FILE and choose NEW IDE, thinking it might solve it, which obviously didn't. I ended up logging out and signing back in, and that solved the issue.

C

Circra

Audio issue: when using audio_sound_gain(), when when the time argument is set to anything higher then 0. The sound doesn't seem to change.
Before the IDEupdate, this wasn't an issue.

IDE: 2.2.0
Runtime: 2.2.0
Platform: Windows

I found in the yoyogames bug change log that this was an issue for HTML5 platforms and it is fixed in runtime 2.2.1. But I can't find it being reported for Windows platform.
Bug reference number: 0029993

I tested a couple instance of this in my game.
I originally had the time argument set to 30. with 30, the audio didn't change when it normally does.
I set the time argument to 0. and the audio DID change when it should.

Sounds like the same HTML5 bug just on windows.

Just a minor mistake on the Runtime Release Notes page: it mentions for Android that there is a FAQ to do a workaround. But the link for the FAQ just takes you to the same Runtime Release Notes page:

Android
  • Adaptive icons are currently not supported and we are working on a solution for this in a future release, however we have an FAQ for users to workaround this issue in the meanwhile.

H

HW.

From https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/227860547-GMS2-Required-SDKs
It is written that the recommended settings for Android is using NDK 17b.

But, wait?!

My NDK so far is 16b , and i always want to follow the recommended setting which the article has recently been updated to using 17.

I open my SDK manager via Android Studio 3.1 and found that i just can update to version 18.

so i stop here and i tried to do manual download via https://developer.android.com/ndk/downloads/older_releases

AND....... what, i found that NDK 17b does not exist in this world?

The only existing one for version seventeen after 16b is just jump to 17c and then 18.

SO my question is..

1. is the "b." a typo? Do you mean it to be NDK 17c ???

I should use the 17c (not the b. ?) or can i use NDK 18 for this GMS 2.2.0 ?
I always compile using YYC so i want to have a good apk using the proper NDK.
Please guide me.

2. From https://developer.android.com/ndk/downloads/revision_history
I read that,

NDK 16b says:
Support for ARM5 (armeabi), MIPS, and MIPS64 are deprecated. They will no longer build by default with ndk-build, but are still buildable if they are explicitly named, and will be included by "all", "all32", and "all64". Support for each of these has been removed in r17. Both CMake and ndk-build will issue a warning if you target any of these ABIs.

NDK 17c says:
Support for ARMv5 (armeabi), MIPS, and MIPS64 has been removed. Attempting to build any of these ABIs will result in an error.

So if i choose the 17, then in the GMS2
Android Options - Architecture:
Does it mean that there will be some options that will be useless, am i right or wrong? please give insight for the consequences by choosing the either one.??

[v] Build for Armv5 <---- is this can't be built if i use NDK 17 ? Please clarify
[v] Build for Armv7
[v] Build for x86
[v] Build for Mips <---- is this can't be built if i use NDK 17 ? Please clarify
[v] Build for Arm64
[v] Build for x86_64

3. Is it alright to use NDK 16b for this IDE version 2.2.0 and runtime 2.2.0 ? (if i still want to cover as many as possible players from various architectures?)
or is it not recommended since the 2.2.0 because there are some important changes in the build process that it has to be 17? or is the 16b still alright??
Please clarify.

Ricardo

"Error: Trying to create an instance on a non-existant layer" - Very useful debug message as it doesn't state which layer is that. A nightmare to debug in a big project. Edit:
instance_create_layer using a string as the layer name is totally broken in HTML5! Something went very wrong with this fix.

Last edited:
K

kakatoto

Big problem with surfaces. I use a draw contoller and some surfaces for shining effect on items. Now everything is 💩💩💩💩ed. Everything is blinking. I tested on older projects. 💩💩💩💩ed as well. Thank you .

Kaliam

Minor issue with this update, in 2.1.5 you can call this in the draw event and all will be fine:
Code:
surface_copy(mySurface,0,0,application_surface);
draw_clear_alpha(c_black,0);
But in 2.2.0 it will reset my camera for some reason, so I have to call this to fix my camera:
Code:
surface_copy(mySurface,0,0,application_surface);
draw_clear_alpha(c_black,0);
camera_apply(myCamera);
Not sure if this is intended behaviour as GMS2 did work like this in previous versions. Kind of annoying to open up a project and get a black screen after an update, just looking to keep things consistent. If I wasn't already aware of this from earlier versions I would have no idea how to fix this.
Thanks!

M

Marcus12321

So, after reading some of these threads (not just this one) I am weary of updating. My IDE is asking me to update, not forcing it. My question is, can I roll back if I have problems?

Thanks.

jedy567

Echoing someone else's post above, all of my texture and audio groups were reset after installing this new version, which is quite ironic because I had just spent the last 2 days organizing them. Now I get to go through hundreds of sprite one at a time adding them to the correct texture groups again. I'm trying very hard not be extremely angry right now.
EDIT: I know you can batch select then right click to "move to" another group but that's not much of a consolation here.

T

Tryzna

Cmon, rollback to previous version allready. 2.2.0 is total mess.

@Kaliam thanks for your report, this solution worked in my case as well.

kagamma

Can confirm all assets in my project reset to "default" group after opening with the new IDE. And the IDE's auto save "feature" makes it a permanent change so roll back to previous version didin't help. Good thing is YoYos already teach me to backup my stuff every time they release something that doesn't come with the "beta" tag so it didn't affect me.. (I dont want to see skull destroy my sprites ever again)

Last edited:

Andrey

Saving in groups is completely broken. Texture groups, audio groups-everywhere reset to default. Even if you reassign everything again, save the project, and then open the project, everything is reset to default again.
Because of this, the update is not functional. Guys, need hot fix on this issue. It is impossible to work!

R

rnisson

Hello, a new few bugs from the update (hooray)

1. All our texture group assignments went back to the default group after the update

2. Building for Android, if a game is now paused (when returning to the Android home screen via home button) the game crashes instantly.

Probably worth fixing these

c023-DeV

Can confirm the resetting of re-sorted texture groups - so nothing I can do until that is fixed.

I was using a naming convention for my sprites that relates to the texture groups like spr_ui_spriteName, spr_env01_spriteName etc. that makes it digestable to re assign the groups. But that doesn't help with them being reset.

Jack S

Hello, a new few bugs from the update (hooray)

1. All our texture group assignments went back to the default group after the update

2. Building for Android, if a game is now paused (when returning to the Android home screen via home button) the game crashes instantly.

Probably worth fixing these
We are digging into #2 ourselves - what we know so far.

Anytime the game switches focus to a background process - facebook login, google services login, using our text to speech service as a background process, etc all cause an instant hard crash with a minidump

Code:
10-03 02:17:53.165 12100 12100 I yoyo    : onPause
10-03 02:17:53.175 12100 12100 I yoyo    : Pausing the Runner
10-03 02:17:53.267 13496 13496 F DEBUG   : *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
10-03 02:17:53.267 13496 13496 F DEBUG   : Build fingerprint: 'Lenovo/YT-X703F/YT-X703F:7.1.1/S100/YT-X703F_S000973_180524_ROW:user/release-keys'
10-03 02:17:53.267 13496 13496 F DEBUG   : Revision: '0'
10-03 02:17:53.267 13496 13496 F DEBUG   : ABI: 'arm'
10-03 02:17:53.267 13496 13496 F DEBUG   : pid: 12100, tid: 12100, name: nofcivilization  >>> com.solveedu.dawnofcivilization <<<
10-03 02:17:53.267 13496 13496 F DEBUG   : signal 4 (SIGILL), code 1 (ILL_ILLOPC), fault addr 0xc0a236dc
10-03 02:17:53.268 13496 13496 F DEBUG   :     r0 b421cd10  r1 00000001  r2 000eae5c  r3 c088b704
10-03 02:17:53.268 13496 13496 F DEBUG   :     r4 e56dca7c  r5 ff9831f0  r6 ff982f90  r7 ff982f50
10-03 02:17:53.268 13496 13496 F DEBUG   :     r8 ff982f90  r9 e6a85400  sl 00000000  fp ff982e98
10-03 02:17:53.268 13496 13496 F DEBUG   :     ip c0c36fb0  sp ff982e98  lr c0ab0888  pc c0a236dc  cpsr 200d0010
10-03 02:17:53.270 13496 13496 F DEBUG   :
10-03 02:17:53.270 13496 13496 F DEBUG   : backtrace:
10-03 02:17:53.270 13496 13496 F DEBUG   :     #00 pc 002766dc  /data/app/com.solveedu.dawnofcivilization-1/lib/arm/libyoyo.so (_ZN17ALCdevice_android13pausePlaybackEv+36)
10-03 02:17:53.270 13496 13496 F DEBUG   :     #01 pc 00303884  /data/app/com.solveedu.dawnofcivilization-1/lib/arm/libyoyo.so (Java_com_yoyogames_runner_RunnerJNILib_Pause+60)
10-03 02:17:53.270 13496 13496 F DEBUG   :     #02 pc 00beaa11  /data/app/com.solveedu.dawnofcivilization-1/oat/arm/base.odex (offset 0xb38000)
I've got my best Java dev digging around the runtime looking for a fix. We hope it's not in the linked library so it can be patched quickly.

K

kakatoto

Honestly, this update is a shame. I have worked +1000 hours on a project and now all is 💩💩💩💩ed. I tryed the solution of Kaliam but it didnt work for me. I still have some sprites blinking when I sue surface to draw them with a special effect. And othrs sprites and tilesets are affected by this too. I dont have any compile bug. This is a problem of IDE/runtime which is not our in our field of competency. For me it is the end of the GMS2 adventure. I will finish my current project (if I can) and then I will move to another software. SHAME.

Mick

I think it would be a good idea that you would release new versions as BETA first to make people aware that the version is not yet properly tested. Obvious bugs like this group issue are much too common, if updates would first be released as beta then severe bugs are not as bad, since users know that bugs can generally be expected in beta versions.

DukeSoft

Fullscreen IDE focus bug is still there (clicking IDE will click item behind it)
IDE crashed 3 times in 1 hour, usually after running a game
Some events in my game are not firing anymore, not sure why but might have to do with:
Code:
[2018-10-2 17:58:55] (obj_map_loader) Extracted 46 files to V:\ShootMUp_1BD848C2_VM\__currentmap/1353592
Error (WSAENOTSOCK): socket operation on non-socket
(repeats 10 times)
[2018-10-2 17:58:55] (obj_map_loader)
Found 652 assets
(repeats 30 times)

U://windows/Runner.exe exited with non-zero status (-1073741819)
I wasn't able to check the audio groups yet, but that might also be a problem, since my campaign maps use audio groups and if they dont load and break it might break starting the game.

I'd say go back to 2.1.5 but that one is broken as well (no 3D audio), so I have to go back to 2.1.4 that has building issues (IGOR crashing on building the ZIP because of some locale issue) and causes me to search through temp directories to find the built game.

Great, great, great. At least we have switch support...

This is so bad, seriously. I've already requested access to nightly builds, I'm sure that would prevent a lot of trouble.

We've waited very long on 2.1.5 and when it finally came out it broke 3D audio to begin with. How did that pass QA? Do you not test your builds? Same goes for 2.2.0. Waiting MONTHS for a MAJOR game breaking bug to be fixed, and then it turns out this one is also broken. This means we're going to have to wait another 3 months before the next update? Maybe it'll be silent and we have to wait another 2 months without hearing any ETA? And once that one comes out it will probably break something else again...

My trust, pride and love for GameMaker is degrading, fast.

Fern

Honestly, this update is a shame. I have worked +1000 hours on a project and now all is ****ed. I tryed the solution of Kaliam but it didnt work for me. I still have some sprites blinking when I sue surface to draw them with a special effect. And othrs sprites and tilesets are affected by this too. I dont have any compile bug. This is a problem of IDE/runtime which is not our in our field of competency. For me it is the end of the GMS2 adventure. I will finish my current project (if I can) and then I will move to another software. SHAME.
Rather than blame others (though it is absolutely their fault) take this as an opportunity to learn how important source control is!

acidemic

I have compiled my game using YYC Windows compiler, so now when I exit the game it crashes. Does anyone else have this problem?

K

kakatoto

Rather than blame others (though it is absolutely their fault) take this as an opportunity to learn how important source control is!
I have the same issues with older versions. This is not a matter of sourcecontrol. You should not talk about something you don't know. **COMMENT REMOVED**

MOD EDIT: Please mind your language on the forums.

Andrey

I have compiled my game using YYC Windows compiler, so now when I exit the game it crashes. Does anyone else have this problem?
Yes, it was reported by c023-DeV in post # 22

That worries me. I've been waiting for 2.2.0 to fix the sound issues. But now other surprises that interferes to make the upgrade app.

And as a proposal...
Can YoYo to include me and others who are willing to beta testers? I have finished projects for Android in which I use a lot of different features. I often find bugs in the first 15 minutes after installing the next update.
At least, such terrible punctures could become less.

kagamma

This makes me wonder have those source control software ever break people projects/repositories like GMS did? I am glad git was not developed by YoYo or else I might have to hand-copy my project to a safe place everytime I update my git client.

T

tobo

Gamemaker crashes on startup since updating to 2.2.0.

I use Gamemaker through Steam and I'm on Mac. My OS is High Sierra 10.13.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Gamemaker crashes on startup since updating to 2.2.0.

I use Gamemaker through Steam and I'm on Mac. My OS is High Sierra 10.13.
Which product do you have on Steam - Desktop, Mobile, Web, or UWP?

EDIT: NVM, we have identified an issue specific to the Desktop product on Mac. This has now been fixed, so update on Steam and it will start v343.

Last edited:

DukeSoft

Yes, it was reported by c023-DeV in post # 22

That worries me. I've been waiting for 2.2.0 to fix the sound issues. But now other surprises that interferes to make the upgrade app.

And as a proposal...
Can YoYo to include me and others who are willing to beta testers? I have finished projects for Android in which I use a lot of different features. I often find bugs in the first 15 minutes after installing the next update.
At least, such terrible punctures could become less.
Same here - also found the bugs in the first 15 minutes (for both this version and the previous version) - you can submit a request to YYG through their website (the contact page) to request access to the beta - I've done the same 2 months ago, got a response this week stating "they will let me know".

This makes me wonder have those source control software ever break people projects/repositories like GMS did? I am glad git was not developed by YoYo or else I might have to hand-copy my project to a safe place everytime I update my git client.
No, GIT and the like are open source tools, have been around for a LONG time, and are unit tested thoroughly. Never had issues with git destroying my code, except for when I made dumb mistakes using the git command line :)

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
2.2.0.343 is out now and adds the following two fixes:

0029949: Font Editor: Using add existing on a font resource doesn't set the texture group to default
0030057: Saving: Texture, Audio and Font groups are reset to Default each time a project is opened

EDIT: Steam's Default branch is now updated also - for anyone who had startup crashes with the Desktop product on Mac this is now fixed.

Last edited:
K

kakatoto

Is yoyo goind to do something with the bug linked to sthe surfaces and draw_clear_alpha ? II dont know if my problem is linked to the Kaliam's one but it seems that they are related, since I have a bug in display when I use draw_clear_alpha and surface too.

Here is the piece of code that is making soem objects blink. I precise that I have tried the camera_apply solution of Kaliam but it does not work here.

Code:
surface_set_target(surf_draw);
    draw_clear_alpha(c_white,0););
// code removed, but normally u have special treatment here for shining effect on items
surface_reset_target();

draw_surface(surf_draw, x-sprite_get_xoffset(sprite_index), y-sprite_get_yoffset(sprite_index));

Ricardo

@Dan any plan to get instance_create_layer fixed in HTML5 as a hotfx asap? The web module is basically broken for me right now without that function.

Jack S

We've traced the hard crash as far as we can. We've tested against ndk versions 16b,17b,17c,18

The three places we've been able to make crash in runtime 2.2.0.258 are as follows (We've added some extra logging to improve clarity)

Code:
10-03 18:52:59.340  9540  9540 I yoyo    : onWindowFocusChanged(false|false)
10-03 18:52:59.340  9540  9540 I yoyo    : Setting vis flags to 5894
10-03 18:52:59.340  9540  9540 I yoyo    : Setting pausecountdown to 20
10-03 18:52:59.340  9540  9540 I yoyo    : Calling RunnerJNILib.Pause(0); from line 979 RunnerActivity.java

10-03 19:02:13.747 11758 11758 I yoyo    : onWindowFocusChanged(true|false)
10-03 19:02:13.749 11758 11758 I yoyo    : Setting vis flags to 5894
10-03 19:02:13.750 11758 11758 I yoyo    : Calling RunnerJNILib.Resume(0); from line 1005 RunnerActivity.java

10-03 19:09:19.120 13166 13166 I yoyo    : onPause
10-03 19:09:19.126 13166 13166 I yoyo    : Pausing the Runner
10-03 19:09:19.127 13166 13166 I yoyo    : Calling RunnerJNILib.Pause(0); from line 1020 RunnerActivity.java
Following those calls to RunnerJNILib.java we get references to libyoyo.so functions... (which unless we wanted to try our hands at decompiling - we can't do a thing with.. yey)

Code:
public static native void Resume( int _param );
public static native void Pause( int _param );
These trigger in a number of normal use cases such as app switching via home key, facebook login, google services login, any custom extension that runs a background activity, etc.

edit ---

Digging more - it seems this happens any time Pause or Resume are called after Resume is called the first time (which seems to start the drawing... was fun playing the game with no video lol)

We've tried various combinations of disabling Pause and Resume - however sadly while disabling Pause doesn't have negative effects - if Resume isn't called after things like facebook login which take focus for an instant - the screen goes black but we can interact with the game.

Last edited:

Khao

The 2.1.5 update broke my movement collision code. I filed a bug report with a project file, and I was told that it was caused by an already-reported bug related to the detection of single-pixel collisions, and that it would be fixed in the next update.

I installed 2.2.0, and the collisions have the exact same problem as in 2.1.5. So I'm still forced to use the 2.1.4 runtime. Should I file a new report? Or is that bug yet to be fixed? Was it even a bug in the first place, or do collisions actually work differently now?

Fern

The 2.1.5 update broke my movement collision code. I filed a bug report with a project file, and I was told that it was caused by an already-reported bug related to the detection of single-pixel collisions, and that it would be fixed in the next update.

I installed 2.2.0, and the collisions have the exact same problem as in 2.1.5. So I'm still forced to use the 2.1.4 runtime. Should I file a new report? Or is that bug yet to be fixed? Was it even a bug in the first place, or do collisions actually work differently now?
Pretty sure that specific issue was fixed in 2.2.0 if you check out their public bug fix list. Make sure to update your runtime in the IDE!

H

HW.

Yeahhhh

Android YYC

pause/resume system state (Android java system)

is Brookeennn....

Please make a hotfix for the YYC apk as reported by many users already. It gets crashhh

"Unfortunately, the app has stopped..."
Need a Hotfix!

H

HW.

We are digging into #2 ourselves - what we know so far.

Anytime the game switches focus to a background process - facebook login, google services login, using our text to speech service as a background process, etc all cause an instant hard crash with a minidump

Code:
10-03 02:17:53.165 12100 12100 I yoyo    : onPause
10-03 02:17:53.175 12100 12100 I yoyo    : Pausing the Runner
10-03 02:17:53.267 13496 13496 F DEBUG   : *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
10-03 02:17:53.267 13496 13496 F DEBUG   : Build fingerprint: 'Lenovo/YT-X703F/YT-X703F:7.1.1/S100/YT-X703F_S000973_180524_ROW:user/release-keys'
10-03 02:17:53.267 13496 13496 F DEBUG   : Revision: '0'
10-03 02:17:53.267 13496 13496 F DEBUG   : ABI: 'arm'
10-03 02:17:53.267 13496 13496 F DEBUG   : pid: 12100, tid: 12100, name: nofcivilization  >>> com.solveedu.dawnofcivilization <<<
10-03 02:17:53.267 13496 13496 F DEBUG   : signal 4 (SIGILL), code 1 (ILL_ILLOPC), fault addr 0xc0a236dc
10-03 02:17:53.268 13496 13496 F DEBUG   :     r0 b421cd10  r1 00000001  r2 000eae5c  r3 c088b704
10-03 02:17:53.268 13496 13496 F DEBUG   :     r4 e56dca7c  r5 ff9831f0  r6 ff982f90  r7 ff982f50
10-03 02:17:53.268 13496 13496 F DEBUG   :     r8 ff982f90  r9 e6a85400  sl 00000000  fp ff982e98
10-03 02:17:53.268 13496 13496 F DEBUG   :     ip c0c36fb0  sp ff982e98  lr c0ab0888  pc c0a236dc  cpsr 200d0010
10-03 02:17:53.270 13496 13496 F DEBUG   :
10-03 02:17:53.270 13496 13496 F DEBUG   : backtrace:
10-03 02:17:53.270 13496 13496 F DEBUG   :     #00 pc 002766dc  /data/app/com.solveedu.dawnofcivilization-1/lib/arm/libyoyo.so (_ZN17ALCdevice_android13pausePlaybackEv+36)
10-03 02:17:53.270 13496 13496 F DEBUG   :     #01 pc 00303884  /data/app/com.solveedu.dawnofcivilization-1/lib/arm/libyoyo.so (Java_com_yoyogames_runner_RunnerJNILib_Pause+60)
10-03 02:17:53.270 13496 13496 F DEBUG   :     #02 pc 00beaa11  /data/app/com.solveedu.dawnofcivilization-1/oat/arm/base.odex (offset 0xb38000)
I've got my best Java dev digging around the runtime looking for a fix. We hope it's not in the linked library so it can be patched quickly.
This is what needs a hotfix.
Foreground/background process on Android system.

Keywords: Android system, java, "on pause on resume ", "system state" of the YYC apk made by 2.2.0, game_end() which uses on resume activity, any extensions using the on pause/on resume activity, whenever the app loses focus and want to be back to previous state....

is....

getting crashh....

Needs a hotfix.

Khao

Pretty sure that specific issue was fixed in 2.2.0 if you check out their public bug fix list. Make sure to update your runtime in the IDE!
I did, which is why I'm asking. I ran the latest version of my game in 2.2.0, 2.1.5, and 2.1.4. It only works as intended in 2.1.4.

If it was fixed, I'm guessing my problem was actually completely unrelated.

C

Chris4690

"instance_create_layer" is broken on HTML5 in v2.2.0xxx. Works fine in previous versions.

Example:
instance_create_layer(120, 40, "Instances", obj_Item);
// ("obj_Item" is an object with an image)

C

Chris4690

Can someone please check if it is possible to run a HTML5 game in the "Microsoft Edge" webbrowser with v2.2.2.0xxx?

I am on Windows 10 and I only get a white browser window on Edge with v2.2.2.0xxx. I am not sure if it is a GameMaker issue or a settings issue on my comp or both.
Same Game works fine with Chrome and Firefox.

Tweedle

I also have problems to run my game in HTML5, it used to work. Indeed as Chris4690 mentioned the function instance_create_layer is broken, the instance_create_depth works.
What I don't understand is why going back to the previous version hasn't fixed the issue ?? Am I stuck with this flawed version of GMS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.