• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM xscale & yscale based on distance to mouse

darijs1

Since i recently figured out how to auto tile based on an objects xscale and yscale, i decided to try and make my own room editor within the game.

My problem is that i cant figure out how the get a perfect object scale from its original position to the mouse
Any ideas on how this can be done in code?

Attachments

Last edited:

Relic

You can store and refer to variables that hold info about where the mouse was first clicked and where it is now.

In mouse down event:
orig_x=mouse_x

In mouse released event:
x_size= mouse_x-orig_x
image_xscale=x_size/sprite_width

That last line of code will perform the actual “perfect scaling” based on the size of the sprite and the size you want it to have. Repeat for y scaling too.

darijs1

You can store and refer to variables that hold info about where the mouse was first clicked and where it is now.

In mouse down event:
orig_x=mouse_x

In mouse released event:
x_size= mouse_x-orig_x
image_xscale=x_size/sprite_width

That last line of code will perform the actual “perfect scaling” based on the size of the sprite and the size you want it to have. Repeat for y scaling too.
Thank you so much. This is what i was looking for.