• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

HTML5 Calling HTML Files In Your Game

J

Jac Thiebeau (Cyberhroom)

This is just a little question I had that I could not find an answer for. Is it possible to call an HTML file/game in a Game Maker project? For example, lets say I had an RPG Maker game and wanted to export it to console if I were to use a method to have it be activated in Game Maker would it theoretically work? Just a little dumb idea I had.

chamaeleon

This is just a little question I had that I could not find an answer for. Is it possible to call an HTML file/game in a Game Maker project? For example, lets say I had an RPG Maker game and wanted to export it to console if I were to use a method to have it be activated in Game Maker would it theoretically work? Just a little dumb idea I had.
GameMaker does not have any builtin html rendering capabilities, if that is what you're asking about. If that isn't what you mean you may have to explain with a bit more detail what you want to happen.

J

Jac Thiebeau (Cyberhroom)

Thanks for the reply and yeah that is kinda what I meant.
GameMaker does not have any builtin html rendering capabilities, if that is what you're asking about. If that isn't what you mean you may have to explain with a bit more detail what you want to happen.

chamaeleon

Thanks for the reply and yeah that is kinda what I meant.
If you're really vested in the idea, you could always check out some of the Marketplace extensions (of which I have no experience with at all..) Search for "browser" and a couple should pop up, which may be suitable depending on your target platform for your game.