Audio Sound Effects for my Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ethian

Greetings...

I was working also on the sound effects of my game... i have them saved on my disk for also future projects...

Some are made by me, others are popular ones like the cartoon noises

You know, one of the most iconic sounds of the cartoon ones is when you toss something and when did, a whistle sounds, right?

I know my game will be retro styled and those sounds won't match with the pixel graphics of the 8 bit era and the music that includes chiptune, but... nevermind... i decided to make my game not so accurate to NES, and mixing other things with those (Besides 3D mixed with 2D, chiptune is partial on the OST and the sound effects, there's also real life instruments (I don't know how to call it correctly...))

The use of the cartoon sounds in my game is actually inspired on the shows on TV i watch, that also use those noises.

I downloated the cartoon sounds from here:

(Video not avaiable, read below for know why)

But there's a problem...

It doesn't contain ALL of the sound effects i always want...

I ripped the missing sound effects from the shows i watch (And others), then i saved them all in a downloadable folder on a .zip for make the public know what are the missing noises:

(Link not avaiable, read below for know why)

(The folder will upload constantly, as i didn't finished to rip all those sound effects!)

(Also, for know the sound effects, you must ignore the other noises that play together with the noise that has its name on the filename, and just get with the noise that has its name on the filename, okay?)

So, somebody can help me to get the missing sound effects? What kind of full sound effects pack had the ones who worked on adding the sound effects of the shows i watch? (I don't care on hire the same person who worked on the sound effects (Credited in the credits) and someone else that has the same work.)

PD: If you hate those darn noises, the cartoon ones, don't help me, just run away! run away of what you hate when you find it! and quickly!

Last edited:
E

ethian

Hey!

I finally ripped all the sound effects! The link is Updated!

Download the file, and read the "Readme" file to do the stuff!

Okay?

PD: I decided to make my game use those noises because all of those and their use makes me go nuts too! (Sorry)

I ripped the missing sound effects from the shows i watch (And others)
I finally ripped all the sound effects! The link is Updated!
PD: I decided to make my game use those noises because all of those and their use makes me go nuts too! (Sorry)
So you have ripped off copyrighted sounds from shows, and now are posting them for people to download? Surely this breaches the rules of this forum as you are stealing sounds that are not free to use!

E

ethian

So you have ripped off copyrighted sounds from shows, and now are posting them for people to download? Surely this breaches the rules of this forum as you are stealing sounds that are not free to use!
Copyrighted? No! They weren't copyrighted because they are used in several other shows, they're all from cartoons, if is used in just one, they're copyrighted.
Not free to use? I know those sounds are used in commercial products, but i saw there were chances where the public used those sounds in their non-commercial creations!
So, help me anyways, the main purpose of this thread is make people download usable versions of determinated sound effects from somewhere else, but not using those sound effects i ripped off!

One moment!

Do you want to make delete the link from the forum more than make what i proposed? If it's true, i won't use those sound effects and i'll make my own versions instead... that's a better idea?

Last edited:
Copyrighted? No! They weren't copyrighted because they are used in several other shows
That does not mean that the sounds are free. There are such things as licences for sounds and music.
Here's something simple: if you cannot find anything that says that a sound is free to use, then do not take it as being free to use. And do not rip stuff from TV shows.
if is used in just one, they're copyrighted
You really have no idea how copyright works. So stopped ripping off other people's work just because you think it is okay to do so. If you like a sound, then try to find out if it is free in the public domain, don't just rip it out of a show because you have no understanding of copyright.

E

ethian

What i do now? Delete that link and search the usable vers. of all those sound effects for myself? (At least know how to do it...) Search for an advanced cartoon sound effects pack? Make my own versions of those sound effects? Search for the other sound effects in free sound libraries?

E

ethian

I forgot a sound effect and i renembered it today, so, i updated the downloadable file...

And...

What i do now? Delete that link and search the usable vers. of all those sound effects for myself? (At least know how to do it...) Search for an advanced cartoon sound effects pack? Make my own versions of those sound effects? Search for the other sound effects in free sound libraries?
Please answer at this!

Please answer at this!
I thought you would have figured it out from my previous post:
then try to find out if it is free in the public domain, don't just rip it out of a show because you have no understanding of copyright.
But seeing as you can't seem to figure out what to do:
1) Stop ripping sounds from shows or anything that you do not have the rights to.
2) Delete that download file and the link as you are distributing ripped assets.
3) Go find your own sounds from any of the massive number of sites that offers assets (including sounds) for free, or even make your own sounds.

There, surely even you should know the reason why you should be doing this as you keep going on about plagiarism in other topics, so I can't see why you don't seem to understand that what you have done is just as bad.

E

ethian

1) Stop ripping sounds from shows or anything that you do not have the rights to.
2) Delete that download file and the link as you are distributing ripped assets.
3) Go find your own sounds from any of the massive number of sites that offers assets (including sounds) for free, or even make your own sounds.
Ok, ok, ok.
Thank you.

Wait!

The cartoon sounds pack from adove includes also noises ripped from TV shows... oh, i forgot that the description has credits... ...the mine not... oops...
Now i'm gotta do what you submitted me...
...and at the end, how to get the original noises of all the downloadable .zip?
And... where's ALL the cartoon noises?
And... if uavaiable for the public... can make my own versions of that noises?

Last edited by a moderator:
And... where's all the cartoon noises?
What? I cannot understand what you are trying to ask. What do you mean "where's all the cartoon noises?"??
Go to some site that do free sounds, search for anything cartoony or similar to what you want, and see if they are good enough. You will probably not find the exact same sounds, but why do they have to be identical? Why should your game have exactly the same sounds as a TV show or another game? Make yours different with just influences from other sources.

GMWolf

aka fel666
Wait!

The cartoon sounds pack from adove includes also noises ripped from TV shows... oh, i forgot that the description has credits... ...the mine not... oops...
Now i'm gotta do what you submitted me...
And... where's ALL the cartoon noises?
And... if uavaiable for the public... can make my own versions of that noises?
Credits is not the same a license.

Just because you credit someone does not mean you are allowed to use the work.
In fact, the youtube link you posted rips audio from many shows. Those sound snippets are not free to use!

E

ethian

Make yours different with just influences from other sources.
I forgot to say it would be boring... but... i'll keep using especially the slide whistle that sounds when you throw something... and a few others... just use what i have...
Those sound snippets are not free to use!
That's why Undertale hasn't cartoon noises... wait! My game willn't be commercial like Undertale! Will be published on social media, not on steam or gamejolt!
Wait... i can't use those noises at the end?
And i need to make JUST my own noises?
What about using GM Soundfonts?

Last edited:
I forgot to say it would be boring
Sounds should just enhance the playing experience and are not the be-all and end-all of the entertainment (unless I suppose the entire game is based on music/sounds as the mechanics).
Play your game (once you actually make something) without sounds and if it is not fun (or is boring to play) then I doubt that any amount of ripped/illegally obtained sounds are going to improve it in any way.

E

ethian

Sounds should just enhance the playing experience and are not the be-all and end-all of the entertainment (unless I suppose the entire game is based on music/sounds as the mechanics).
Play your game (once you actually make something) without sounds and if it is not fun (or is boring to play) then I doubt that any amount of ripped/illegally obtained sounds are going to improve it in any way.
Sorry, what i wanted to say is:
"Make my own noises? My own noises used? It should be boring for me, because cartoon noises make me go nuts, and others not"
Again, lots of free sound libraries online!
just type 'free sound effects' in google and a number of websites will show up!
But i can't use cartoon noises? Or i misunderstood what said me to me?

E

ethian

So why have them in your game?
Because my game is supposed to make me go nuts and make people like me go nuts too!
What are you even trying to do?
Get more cartoon sounds, especially the ones from the downloadable file.

I decided to don't use the cartoon sounds anymore because they told me they weren't free to use, right?
And make and record my own sound effects...

Last edited:
Get more cartoon sounds
Then do what we have suggested several times already: go to sites where there are free assets (including sounds) and search there for SIMILAR sounds, or just use Google. But do not try to find sounds from specific cartoons, just find sounds that are cartoonish or that you feel would fit in with your game. After all why should any sounds from specific cartoons fit your game? They shouldn't. You should make or find sounds that do fit, not just rips some off from multiple different cartoons and stick them in your game.

Also if you are serious about removing that download file of illegally obtained sounds, then you need to edit the first post and remove the links to the download and the video.

Then just get on with your game (which we have basically seen nothing of, but have heard a lot of random talk about) and put your sounds in later.

E

ethian

Then do what we have suggested several times already: go to sites where there are free assets (including sounds) and search there for SIMILAR sounds, or just use Google. But do not try to find sounds from specific cartoons, just find sounds that are cartoonish or that you feel would fit in with your game. After all why should any sounds from specific cartoons fit your game? They shouldn't. You should make or find sounds that do fit, not just rips some off from multiple different cartoons and stick them in your game.

Also if you are serious about removing that download file of illegally obtained sounds, then you need to edit the first post and remove the links to the download and the video.

Then just get on with your game (which we have basically seen nothing of, but have heard a lot of random talk about) and put your sounds in later.
I proposed don't use officially sound efrects that are notably ripped from TV shows... external noises... oops...
I really don't know how to explain everything, sorry...
Also, guess it would be fun to make custom sound effects more than using copyrighted ones...

E

ethian

I don't think you quite understand what the phrase "go nuts" means
It means "it makes me feel something related to nervousness then because of this i cheerly get outta the chair and i move my body"

E

ethian

So i had deleted that file...

At the end... i can't use the cartoon sounds? Just my own sounds and sounds from free libraries instead? Replace the cartoon sounds to my own sounds?

At the end... i can't use the cartoon sounds? Just my own sounds and sounds from free libraries instead? Replace the cartoon sounds to my own sounds?
Haven't we already gone over this multiple times now? No, you cannot take sounds from cartoons or any other source where they are not available for usage without a licence. Just go to a site that has assets that are available under any of the free licences, or make your own. There's even a topic on the forum for sites where you can get resources, so try looking at that and then going to those sites and see what they have.

E

ethian

, you cannot take sounds from cartoons or any other source where they are not available for usage without a licence. Just go to a site that has assets that are available under any of the free licences, or make your own.
Ok. Also, i said before it would be fun to make my own sound effects...
Everyone who works for the sound effects for cartoons and uses those cartoon sounds have a license?
Also, i don't want to get that license... it costs money...
Also, using sound effects from youtube like the ones from this video... problem...?

Last edited:
N

nlolotte

This has been answered 4 times above, you can’t use material unless given permission by the owner. Just because something is on YouTube doesn’t mean that person owns it.

E

ethian

This has been answered 4 times above, you can’t use material unless given permission by the owner. Just because something is on YouTube doesn’t mean that person owns it.
Ok, i was saying this because i didn't understand a bit what you're saying at the beginning...
I'll better use what i have... it's fun...
GM soundfonts for my game's sound effects and soundtrack? Any problem with those?

E

ethian

Toby Fox didn't got any problems by using GM soundfonts, so, i'll keep using them anyways...
Also, i'll better use those free sound libraries and make my own sounds...
And when i have a question that i know its answer will be not more than the other answer, i'll better go to the "No".
So, close this thread, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.