[Game Jam] JamCraft 2

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Runs from 1st November to 14th November.

Join here
---------------------------------------------------
JamCraft is all about making games that have an emphasis on creation through combination. This could take the form of crafting items from raw materials, brewing potions, preparing food, discovering fighting combos, creating bases from construction blueprints, and so on and so forth. There is no limit on genre or style, but other participants will have the opportunity to rate you on your use of the "crafting" concept. You may use any tools you wish to create your game.

Who:

We are two veteran game programmer-jammers. We love making games and we love jamming. We decided to host a new game jam together, as if there wasn't enough game jams out there already, to give others another excuse to make a game! Double the hosts means double the support, and we aim to make this jam as accessible and fun as possible for everyone.

When:

JamCraft will run from the 1st of November to the 14th. You must submit your game before the end of the jam. When the jam has ended, there will be a week of community voting. Please keep an eye on the jam timer on this page, as actual times will differ in different timezones, and any timekeeping other than on this page may not be accurate.

Where:

The jam is entirely online! You can participate with the community in many ways: We have the Community forums here on the jam page, we have a Discord server and you can use #JamCraft on Twitter!

Want to team up? CrowdForge.

Rules:

• Follow the jam concept/theme.
  • Show common sense and common decency towards others.
  • Game assets, unless Public Domain, must be created during the jam.
  • You can use code made before the jam, but it must not be something substantial (like a pre-built game demo). Using scripts & snippets is fine.
  • NSFW content is prohibited (no nudity, or anything that could be rated 18+).
  • Have fun!
You can submit any type of game. Even physical games can be submitted. If your game is likely to offend someone with its content, please make a note of it on the game page and if applicable the README file (offensive content could be considered as; strong language, graphic violence, etc. See rule on common sense/decency). Same goes for medical notices (flashing images, etc).

FAQs:

• Can I work in a team? Yes. As many people as you like.
  • Can I submit more than one game? You can try,
  • Can I use someone elses assets? Only if they're made for you during the jam by a team mate, or are Public Domain.
  • What if I miss the deadline? You can still submit late entries, but you have to contact us personally, with a link to your game page.
  • I'm in a team, can my team rate other games as well? Yes. Just make sure they're listed as Contributors on your game.

M

Misu

Is this jam exclusive to this forum? If so, is GM the only engine required to participate? If both of thos questions are "yes" then this thread should been posted in Community Chat subforum and not in the off topic. Otherwise, its alrught to post it here. Just saying :p

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
Is this jam exclusive to this forum? If so, is GM the only engine required to participate? If both of thos questions are "yes" then this thread should been posted in Community Chat subforum and not in the off topic. Otherwise, its alrught to post it here. Just saying :p
No, it's not related to the GMC specially. You can use any engine.
Read this:
m'math said:
You may use any tools you wish to create your game.
What is the prize?
A sense of pride and accomplishment.