Demo FictionSphere

Looks amazing, like something straight from Capcom.

I saw the comment about the page flip, it is a great transition and totally fits with the idea of the player existing in a story book. The only problem I see with that (and is based on just what you have posted here) - I don't really get the sense of a story in a book from the gameplay. It feels very futuristic, like Megaman. I'd expect page transitions to be more like a TV/monitor being flicked off or something (see example below). Perhaps you have further plans to extend that idea of the story book feeling into the game play, and I just haven't seen it (and if that is the case, just ignore me...). And it is by no means criticism... just passing observation. I am really jealous of your art and gameplay mechanics.

zerolegends

wonder if you could kindly share how did you made this transition.....
Hey there @Felipe Rybakovas ! Thanks for the awesome feedback. The Transition is actually a Page Flip shader, utilizing the App surface and drawing a Black Rectangle as a transition base. The method was very tedious and probably still a bit un-optimized for my taste. I'd say to look into Shaders if you're unfamiliar with them. There are plenty of free ones to get you started and to help you around the GLSL ES community ^_^! Hope that clears up some questions and that you'll continue to follow my project, we're close to an alpha demo!

the zoom effect really adds a lot of energy!! awesome! :D
with how many people are you working on this?
@milch Thank you for the feedback! I knew that i didn't do that for nothing :'), it was a bit hard to implement as i was working with alot of new concepts that i've never done before like surfaces,shaders and GUI. But i'm glad it turned out great! Currently there are 5 People working on the team, Where i work primarily as the Programmer,concept artist and project lead. Cheers and hope that you'll continue to follow this project as we're really close for an alpha test! ^_^!

Last edited:

zerolegends

Looks amazing, like something straight from Capcom.

I saw the comment about the page flip, it is a great transition and totally fits with the idea of the player existing in a story book. The only problem I see with that (and is based on just what you have posted here) - I don't really get the sense of a story in a book from the gameplay. It feels very futuristic, like Megaman. I'd expect page transitions to be more like a TV/monitor being flicked off or something (see example below). Perhaps you have further plans to extend that idea of the story book feeling into the game play, and I just haven't seen it (and if that is the case, just ignore me...). And it is by no means criticism... just passing observation. I am really jealous of your art and gameplay mechanics.

Hi there @DividingByZero ! Thanks for the feedback! The game itself is inspired by MegaMan, as I was working on a previous fangame called MegamanZXG (hence my original profile art :p) My team and I are HUGE fans of the Zero and ZX series and really anything Inti-creates or Capcom related, and since alot of our strengths fit in with making this style of game i decided to Initiate ProjectFS, it makes me truly happy that it can even be remotely compared to a game by Capcom T_T!

As for the StoryBook, my idea behind it was to give out a moral that you're "Writing a new chapter in your life" The game itself I wanted it to be events recorded in a Journal by the MC who records his journey and making his mark in the World and eventually read by either himself or someone else who finds his Journal. When being read it'll switch over from a 3rd Person to a more first person take sorta like you're "Immersing yourself" in the story much like how you read a comic-book or a story book and get enveloped and thrown into the story as if you yourself is the MC,sometimes forgetting its a book(at least from my personal experiences). I guess I've always been a sucker for philosophical analogies :p! Also i don't mind criticism at all, i'm always looking to improve and better the game itself so I genuinely appreciate your feedback!

As for the Gameplay mechanics, I feel is very experimental, I think it may be bold to say that it might even be a new concept entirely that may not have explicitly explored upon, but we are getting closer to an Alpha test which people from around the world and the GMC community can try out in the future as a test to see how the general feedback of it is (which I'm really hoping is positive) As for the Art I thank you for that! I currently am the Concept artist, but it's really both my artists who brings these concepts to life we have such great chemistry together as a lot of the ideas that i bring, they absolutely love or had the same idea to begin with!

I hope that you'll be able to continue to follow our progress and play the Demo for yourself to give me more insightful feedback! In the meantime I will look for better ways to convey the plot a bit better ^_^!

Last edited:
Y

yuki

Awesome progress man! Those screenshots look amazing, keep up the good work, you gained a new follower! This game looks like it has a lot of potential i cant wait to try out the demo!

zerolegends

Awesome progress man! Those screenshots look amazing, keep up the good work, you gained a new follower! This game looks like it has a lot of potential i cant wait to try out the demo!
Thank you! Everyone is patiently waiting for the demo! I can't wait to share with you all! Ive still been improving the game, and fixing alot of things while adding on newer effects and visuals that add/build onto the game!

zerolegends

Added a new ice attack that only hits the enemies that you've attacked! Getting really close to having a demo. I might make a little showcase video to explain the mechanics a bit since it will be a bit confusing at first.

zerolegends

New Promo Art ! Very close to my alpha demo release, before that i'll be making a video going over the mechanics to get you started, as things will get very "Technical!"

Y

YupYup

It looks good overall
But ennemies taking hits doesn't have animations, they are just sliding backwards, it looks cheap.
Levels are static, there is no effects (wind grass, water, moving objects).

zerolegends

Wow op. Your game looks simply amazing!
Thank you and sorry for late reply! I'm hoping that people will like the Gameplay i've set up ^_^... just a few bugs and glitches away from releasing a playable alpha build I hope that you'd be willing to try it out :D!

S

Snake Nox

It looks great. I am so jealous of the art design. Not into the anime pictures, but the pixel art is yumyum.
I heard you tried kickstarter for this, but I think Kickstarter works best if you have projects under your belt already. I still think this has great potential for a success. Gotta get it out there to every site, let everyone see it. Hope it does well!

zerolegends

Quite late but nice Akira reference bro :p
Haha thanks ^-^! There will be plenty more anime references in the near future!

It looks great. I am so jealous of the art design. Not into the anime pictures, but the pixel art is yumyum.
I heard you tried kickstarter for this, but I think Kickstarter works best if you have projects under your belt already. I still think this has great potential for a success. Gotta get it out there to every site, let everyone see it. Hope it does well!
Thanks ! I'm glad you like the art overall :D!~. I Learned alot of things during the year and I feel that the Kickstarter failed mostly due to the fact that I didn't have a Playable demo at the time. After the Whole MN9 Farce people are more interested in proof rather than words, I feel after my demo it might show a much better result and possibly with a lower goal.

cidwel

I envy SO MUCH your artwork....

high chances I'm buying this. Remembers too much to my beloved Megaman ZX

zerolegends

Well, only for Evangelion I might notice it, cuz I didn't watch many other anime :p
Hmm perhaps in the future ;)!

I envy SO MUCH your artwork....

high chances I'm buying this. Remembers too much to my beloved Megaman ZX
I used to work on a fan project called ZXG so alot of the inspirations came from inti-creates style ^_^! Although ZXG is on temporary hiatus until i'm ready and have more time to take it on.

zerolegends

We're very close to releasing our demo shortly! More updates about it will be revealed in the future! Thanks for all the patience and support! Here's a brief overview about out game!

T

TGHoly

I'm kind of hope character can duck and perform slide attack to push up falling enemy, I've play intro level I think the combat was good but problem is each enemy take long time to kill while is easier bypass all of them by simply keep moving, I think you need to motivate player to fight themsome how or block the entire area until player manage to kill off those enemies.

Last edited by a moderator:

zerolegends

I'm kind of hope character can duck and perform slide attack to push up falling enemy, I've play intro level I think the combat was good but problem is each enemy take long time to kill while is easier bypass all of them by simply keep moving, I think you need to motivate player to fight themsome how or block the entire area until player manage to kill off those enemies.
Hey there thanks for playing :)!

You actually have 4 options to hit Fallen enemies, assuming that you went over the tutorial. You have
1. The launcher UP+Punch (Literally an OTG)
2. Warning Shot Down+Down+shoot (when enemies are on the ground.) Does way more damage than the normal launcher 3 hits and fast.
3. Plain Punching (The hitbox is large enough to hit fallen enemies)
4. Any Charge shots including the pink one.

I even included a training room for you to experiment what you can do. what hits enemies, etc.

In the future i'm thinking of including some EXP you gain from the enemies to encourage players to fight, since the skills you get in the game will be unlockables i'm thinking of introducing some caps on certain moves depending on your level which will pertain to the exp you gain/money you gain from defeating enemies. However with the enemies right now i'm assuming you only played the easy mode which is the "Casual" of the game, i made the enemies easy to bypass so you wouldn't be to frustrated with learning the mechanics they're there for the sole purpose of learning actually how to battle enemies and take them out quickly and eventually how to do more damage to defeating the boss. The demo is really focused heavily on learning the mechanics, you benefit from defeating enemies rather than running past them.

Last edited:

zerolegends

Do you have controller support for this yet? Impressed by that video you posted can't wait to try this out!
The controller support's been there since the beginning x)! Although i might make a new update later on if you're using wireless bluetooth controllers. I had recently upgraded my GM ver. which seems to fix some controller stuff, Wired and PS4 seem to work well tho.

zerolegends

Major updates!!!!
Hey everyone it's been a while, been super busy fixing up the final portion of the demo. Version 1.4.0 is now out alongside a new poster art for the game! Yay! Below you'll find some screen shots of the new revamped Demo stage and some new stage mechanics!