• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

OFFICIAL Gamescom - Introducing Sequences

True Valhalla

Full-Time Developer
GMC Elder
Looking forward to these, should make it easier to tie animations/sounds/triggers together without so much micromanagement.

JeffJ

I'm actually genuinely excited to try them out and see what they can do!

Any timeline on when it might reach the rest of us peasants who are not at Gamescom? :D

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
Ok so I'm at Gamescom, what do I have to do to see this in person?
Sorry! The team have already left Germany :(

In terms of - 'when will we see more?' The feature is still aiming for next year so it's quite early. Hopefully we can share more before we hit release but right now we are being careful with what we show. Maybe I'll see if I can squeeze more information out of one of our developers!

GMWolf

aka fel666
Sorry! The team have already left Germany :(

In terms of - 'when will we see more?' The feature is still aiming for next year so it's quite early. Hopefully we can share more before we hit release but right now we are being careful with what we show. Maybe I'll see if I can squeeze more information out of one of our developers!
Ah ok, that's a shame :/

It's looking good so far though! Seems like a great tool for artist and programmers alike to build out their worlds!

hdarren

Can anybody please explain what this is as I don't have any experience with Adobe Premier. Thank you in advance! :D

GMWolf

aka fel666
Can anybody please explain what this is as I don't have any experience with Adobe Premier. Thank you in advance! :D
From what I can gather, the feature will allow you to animate objects/assets in a room. Things like making them move, rotate, etc all without code (I hope using keyframes?).

That press release is pretty vague, but if this is what I think it is, I'm excited. I've got some big full screen bosses that have different moving parts (hands, head, body, etc), and right now I need to move them all with code or by animating simple sine motions and crap by hand, both of which are a huge pain in the ass. Building a simple animation system for my game is something I've been needing to do to alleviate that, but if this will allow me to do this kind of stuff, that would be amazing.