Windows Flex Armstrong

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I did lots of "flexing"... but didn't make much progress. After many tries, I'm still stuck in the first level. Granted, it took at least 2-3 tries to figure out the flexing part. Then several more tries attempting to follow the path out of the first level.

Seems like no matter what I do, the character just follows the same path and eventually gets hit by the big red ball. I tried other controls to see if I could steer at all. But nothing seems to work, except for the flexing part.

For starters, having some basic instructions in-game would be useful. Beyond that, not sure. The artwork looks... interesting. So I'll play more levels if I can get some hints how to get there.

woodsmoke

The path is fixed, it's a one button game.

There is always one object in each level which Flex can not ricochet. (Red ball in level 1)
Plan ahead so that Flex doesn't get in the way of the red ball by stopping.
Where you aware that you can hold the space bar?

Weird; A young guy I know from work who isn't much of a gamer tried it out by himself at home and got to the last level (5).

Maybe I should make the first level easier.

Last edited:
A

Ash Ketchum

Got to the protecting the earth bit.
The game is fun at first, but due to the obstacles being randomly generated, it soon becomes frustrating.

Sometimes failure is inevitable, which = frustrating.
If you were to set the obstacles to appear in some sort of pattern, making only one possible way to complete each level.
I would think the game would be far more enjoyable.

Loved the style, ideas for levels, and the sounds are good.

woodsmoke

Well done! Protecting earth is the final level.
Yes due to randomness it's unfair at times. But I prefer this to learning levels by heart.

Did you have problems getting past level1?

Thank you both for playing and replying.

B

BearlyBros

Bringing this thread from dead at the developers request to play this game. It was a neat little one button game that made me yell and my brother laugh at me.
Also just from us playing your game, we've entered you into our giveaway we are just starting to do. We are playing 6 Game Maker games a week and then giving away a FREE Game Maker Studio game published on Steam (Eg Hotline Miami, Hyper Light Drfiter, etc) to a developer of one of the games we play!

woodsmoke

Thanks for playing and making a gameplay video. Maybe I shouldn't have made the first levels so hard but I like a challenge.

Last edited:

woodsmoke

Yes, winning hard challenges is so much sweeter.

I just watched the vid with sound now (was at work earlier). It makes me so happy hearing you guys enjoy yourself holding the spacebar.

A

arirish

Not going to try this myself, but it was a ton of fun watching BearlyBros' gameplay video. Seems like something that would work well as a split screen multiplayer affair.

T

teamrocketboyz

Although im not a big fan of the artwork, i must say........ what a brilliant little game idea. can see this working well on mobile.

woodsmoke

Yes I tried creating an Android build twice but failed miserably setting up Gamemaker. Third time's a charm they say.