• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Don't Run In The Dark

Tales

Hello!

I try to developp a little horror game on android (20%). I need little returns about player.

Game feature :

Skills to unlock : double jump, dash, grip to wall
Weapons : gun, sword and shield
Explore mansion, castle

==> I want to developp a little horror "novel" game, in the futur there'll be a lot of text and story in book in the game.

Its looks like this

https://www.deviantart.com/talesofhope/art/Don-t-run-in-the-dark-744763586
https://www.deviantart.com/talesofhope/art/Don-t-run-in-the-dark-747565030

(in the game, in the hub try mansion 1 2 and 3, others dont work)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lpI610_IIY3dPRpPi9sFSl1bMFhRYJpF

sorry for my english!
=> I used REVERSO for the english version, if there is some nonsense, tell me please!

Last edited:
I tried it but only for 5 minutes.. there is a black square in front of screen during gameplay after checking inventory for the first time.. i like the atmosphere and game look pretty good but you have to fix it!

Screenshot_20180823-142137_Dont run in the dark.jpg Screenshot_20180823-142137_Dont run in the dark.jpg I retried it for the third time i will show you 2 bugs in the first screenshot. The black square in the left (I think all the shadow sprite moved up) and the second bug: if i jump when the player is crouched the player return to stand up and stuck in the wall. Third bug:Screenshot_20180823-142028_Dont run in the dark.jpg if I enter this door and re-enter again the player will stuck on the floor and will be unable to move until I jump. Fourth bug:2018-08-23_15.09.47.jpg the fatal error happens when I try to enter this door. Sorry for my bad english. Btw I like the graphic so much . Player movement are a little bit slow IMO maybe cause walk and run sprite animation are the same (it s change only image_speed) and for the walking cycle leg animation doesn't fit hspeed. I dont like the grappling . I thing gameplay would be better without this... btw Wow for the atmosphere

Last edited:

Tales

thanks for your answer! I will fix it! :D thanks for your opinion! :)
Yes i want player go lil slow but you can run, or walk for exploration but all player are hurry and want to rush, dont care about story and exploration, but i want to do a real story game ^^

thanks for your answer! I will fix it! :D thanks for your opinion! :)
Yes i want player go lil slow but you can run, or walk for exploration but all player are hurry and want to rush, dont care about story and exploration, but i want to do a real story game ^^
You are welcome! I really want to play this game when everything are done! I'm an horror's fan!

Pfap

Hello I'm trying to play your project, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to access it. Do I need to come here from an Android device?

Edit: Nevermind, I'll be back with my thoughts. It looks like it is in a foreign language, just mentioning it because some of your screenshots are in English.

Last edited:

Pfap

Played on a Samsung Galaxy S8. The tutorial was fine the black arrow to scroll through the notes could be brighter or more distinguished. I liked the position of the jump button, but I think having the run and squat buttons right next to the jump button would improve the controls. Neat effect of slowing down when going through the bodies! Felt like walking in deep snow. Is there a map? I like the death counter, really cool feature. Kind of getting stressed out from all the jumping and dying by spikes though. There are 2 types of gamers the ones that like Mario and the ones that like Zelda lol, I think I would like it better without the jumping, but that may just be me. Running from the weird eye monster was fun and could really see that being a main mechanic of this game. I couldn't figure out how to get the gun... unless we don't get that in this test. It may be that I missed out on some stuff because I couldn't read the language. It felt pretty tense at parts and had a really good horror vibe.

Edit: So, I figured out how to switch to English. Also, I did that part where you are running from the eye monster and it takes you back to the spawn room, then I went back and did the run from the monster again and this time in the room right after the door to get back to the spawn room was no longer there. I had to force quit the game and get back in.

Last edited:

Tales

@Giuseppe Licata
thanks for you feedback! I gonna try to fix all of this! Thank you so much for this!
sorry for grappling, i would put platforming gameplay with dash and grip but it not really used for the moment. I understand the fatal error, i gonna fix it when ill have time. ^^

Last edited:

Tales

@Pfap
Thank you for you feedback! I'm not english (FR) so i gonna try to understand all, and fix it! :D
I give lot of "money" (battery) for testing, player can buy all skill and weapons. To get the gun you have to unlock the weaponshop, to unlock it, go to the computer and buy V.Weapon.
=> Actually we can put the language English only on the main screen!..:s

I understand but if i delete jump and grappling and dash.. its no more a platforming game :'(

Last edited:

Pfap

It's fun, I attacked the cluster of eyes outside the door where the monster chases you with the sword and shield and got this error.

FATAL ERROR in action number 1
of Step Eventobj_hitpee01
for object obj_baddaddy

Variable obj_baddy.sound(100272,
-2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_baddaddy_Collision_234

stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_baddaddy_Collision_234(line
-1)

The sound design feels really good.

Tales

ok lol thanks! Shame on me... the variable "sound" didn't exist... :x