• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows HELP!! String not found: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path

B

Bokkie2988

Hello,

I've had problems starting up GMS2 lately. I downloaded the newest update, and when I run the program it shows this error message: String not found: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'Z:\manifest'.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks,
Bokkie

M

MarceloP

I'm sorry for asking such a silly question but, have you tried running GMS2 with Administrative rights?

Have you both any mapped drivers at letter Z: ?
Have you both tried to restart the computer (if it's something related to a ghost mapped driver)?

M

mrclips

There is no driver which is named "Z" and I've tried opening GMS2 with Administrative rights.
Also I restarted my computer heaps of times. And last thing I did, removed GMS2 studio from my computer and re-installed but still doesn't work.
I actually downloaded unsteam folder from yoyogames it didn't open too.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bokkie2988

There is no driver which is named "Z" and I've tried opening GMS2 with Administrative rights.
Also I restarted my computer heaps of times. And last thing I did, removed GMS2 studio from my computer and re-installed but still doesn't work.
I actually downloaded unsteam folder from yoyogames it didn't open too.
Tried reinstalling too..

R

Rahub Azeem

I'm also having this problem and it's beginning to irritate me a lot as i have reinstalled GMS2 at least 5 times and restarted my pc at least 5 times as well. I hope YoYo games takes notice of this problem because i'm probably not the only person to experience it. If anybody has a solution please share it as I have a project which i wanted to start with a buddy and we are on hold because of this error.

Thanks,
Rahub

S

Shin Kitsune

I hate to make bump posts like this, but yes, I'm having the same error.
I'm using the Steam version.
Tried reinstalling. Tried running with admin rights. Tried deletting the settings folders, and nothing has solved it so far.

T

The Big

I've found the solution. After filing a bug report a YoYo technician acknowledge the issue and sent me these instructions.

Attachments

P

Pedro3051

Wanted to try the solution that was given but it appears I had no drivers to disconnect... shame because I really wanted to use the software.

N

Nuroyun

How can i identify if a drive letter is created by gamemaker studio ?

M

MarceloP

As far as I recall, it's always Z: when it is created by GM and you can't change it on the config or anywhere. Although it is important to note that if you find a Z it still may not have been created by GM. You can setup as many drivers you want and name them any letter.

S

Shin Kitsune

I have sent them another report with the same response.I constantly checked my "Computer" window, I had even refreshed it and I never saw such Z:\ drive.
I sent them a response, I've still got to receive a response.

N

Nuroyun

I have sent them another report with the same response.I constantly checked my "Computer" window, I had even refreshed it and I never saw such Z:\ drive.
I sent them a response, I've still got to receive a response.
yeah I dont have a Z: drive too

J

Jon Mation

I have the same annoying problem as you all. First everything worked all right but after the Patch it has broken! 99$ for the rubbish?

M

mrclips

I tried to install an older version of Game Maker 2 Studio. It is worked but while I was trying to run a game (I mean press F5) it gives me same error.

Last edited by a moderator:

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
If the problem was not present before updating to the latest version, downloading an older version may offer a temporary fix in the form of a program that is at least usable, even if not fully up to date. 2.1.5 is not a mandatory update, therefore it is possible to download older versions from the release notes and use them instead.

Some other things to try meanwhile:
- Ensure that you are using an administrator account and that GMS2 is running with elevated privileges. Failing either of these can and/or will prevent GMS2 from running with elevated privileges, which may be required for mapping the drives.
- Turn off your firewall and antivirus during installation and usage. They might be blocking the drive mapping. This is not meant to solve the issue, but to isolate the cause. In case this resolves the problem, a bug report should be filed accordingly.

Bug reports can be filed through the bug report form.

J

Jon Mation

I downloaded the older version 2.1.4.295 and it’s working without a problem on Windows 7. Thank you! I noticed that the newer version GMS2 is working on another computer (but less powerful) with Windows 10. So it’s maybe an issue around the Windows version.

N

Nuroyun

If the problem was not present before updating to the latest version, downloading an older version may offer a temporary fix in the form of a program that is at least usable, even if not fully up to date. 2.1.5 is not a mandatory update, therefore it is possible to download older versions from the release notes and use them instead.

Some other things to try meanwhile:
- Ensure that you are using an administrator account and that GMS2 is running with elevated privileges. Failing either of these can and/or will prevent GMS2 from running with elevated privileges, which may be required for mapping the drives.
- Turn off your firewall and antivirus during installation and usage. They might be blocking the drive mapping. This is not meant to solve the issue, but to isolate the cause. In case this resolves the problem, a bug report should be filed accordingly.

Bug reports can be filed through the bug report form.
Thanks! it worked!

V

Valkuil

It works to get into the program again but I still can't launch my games

V

Valkuil

Ok so my second problem with not being able to launch games is caused by the program not being able to find SUBST.exe (is what I read), the fix didn't work but since this is a similar problem (with the "Z: drive") I think it is also caused by a failure of SUBST.