Question - General Marketplace search engine

M

Misty

Marketplace search engine is bad, never lists relevant results and your products are buried deep in the back pages.

The search engine is really bad, like it often lists products that literally have no relation to the search bar tags.

I suspect I have not been getting many sales mainly for this reason.

C

Cowlord

+1
The marketplace needs a massive overhaul. I've only seen the curated front page change once and I think user tags should be implemented like in Steam because I search for example "Multiplayer", and almost half the multiplayer extensions aren't in the results and the results have random unrelated assets sprinkled in.

zbox

GMC Elder
I also think that Mapketplace needs a serious update and more modern functionality.
I hope YoYo Team do something in Q4, according to the road map.
Looking forward to that.

It would be great to see some sitewide statistics or just any type of helpful analytics for us publishers. It feels like there is a decline in activity, this month for me I am at risk of not reaching the payout threshold after 17 months of consecutively passing it.

Because I don't have access to that information, I can't eliminate any variables to effectively manage my assets - it could be either I need to spruce up my catalogue, change my strategies, and I might do that to no avail because it is part of a bigger period of less activity. But we're totally in the dark. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

C

Cowlord

Also I would like a wishlist feature. I find a lot of scripts and assets I know I will need at a future date but there's no way inside GMS2 to bookmark things. Even if it was just making the marketplace webView have a right click option to open in browser so I could bookmark it in chrome?

Not sure what the solution to this is, but there needs to be maybe more categories or user favorites... more ways to discover new assets hidden in the mess of a shop (no offense intended, but it's a pretty garbage marketplace in it's current ignored status).

I would also like to see something to give buyers an incentive to rate and review the assets on marketplace. The exceptional assets have several reviews, but the vast majority there aren't any so you may end up purchasing an asset that isn't even supported any more.

Just some thoughts on ways to freshin it up, don't mean offense just want to be a successful asset maker and itch.io is leaps ahead already.

Moo.

M

Misty

Also I would like a wishlist feature. I find a lot of scripts and assets I know I will need at a future date but there's no way inside GMS2 to bookmark things. Even if it was just making the marketplace webView have a right click option to open in browser so I could bookmark it in chrome?

Not sure what the solution to this is, but there needs to be maybe more categories or user favorites... more ways to discover new assets hidden in the mess of a shop (no offense intended, but it's a pretty garbage marketplace in it's current ignored status).

I would also like to see something to give buyers an incentive to rate and review the assets on marketplace. The exceptional assets have several reviews, but the vast majority there aren't any so you may end up purchasing an asset that isn't even supported any more.

Just some thoughts on ways to freshin it up, don't mean offense just want to be a successful asset maker and itch.io is leaps ahead already.

Moo.
I don't know. Itch.io seems pretty bad too. Some of my assets have only gotten 1 view there, while other projects of mine (on itch.io) have gotten hundreds of views.

zbox

GMC Elder
Exposure is definitely not the same since it isn't a GM-specific market - but their system is phenomenally more mature... when I first added assets there I was amazed at the number of features you can use (You can even give a Google Analytics tracking ID and it will embed it into your pages - this would be so simple for YYG to add, for instance). Marketplace's exposure mixed with itch.io's system would be great.

N

NeZvers

Having locked out for GMS2 publishing when have only trial version is kinda bunker. I couldn't publish my GMS1.4 scripts I modified for GMS2 until I upgraded to GMS2. IMO if someone have ONLY trial version shouldn't be locked out, because they could provide something grate too.

H

Huder

A good option would be a custom asset page like itch.io has. This is so useful at promoting. Also MP has some bugs on assets that has version for GMS1 and GMS2 provided.