Alpha Tower of the 9 Kings [3D] [fantasy FPS]

D

Dengar

Welcome to 'Tower of the 9 Kings', also known as T9K
this is an oldschool FPS without guns, so maybe a FPSlasher?
Its like if Zelda and Doom had a very pixelated baby.
procedurally generated levels. -this will be improved in future updates
runs in fullscreen without keeping aspect ratio -this will be improved in future updates.
has a fully working save/load system.

you must find the key to unlock the tower to go to the next floor.
once you beat a level you'll get a password to the next level that you can use to warp there.
theres roughly 50 levels currently but there repetitive at the moment, there isn't a boss yet. but I am designing one.

Controls:
Mouse controls view
arrow/wasd keys control movement
left mouse click uses equipped item
right mouse click is pickup/ talk/ interact
press number keys to equip item
hold number key to drop item
escape key to exit

I'm mostly looking for input and suggestions to this.
everything should work, and the only bug I kno of is pressing 2 number buttons at once will crash the game.

Windows Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/070agf5wc9n9we5/3d_dengar_world_version1.exe/file
tiles and sprites are from the Time Fantasy collection.

I cant figure out how to take screenshots of a game running in fullscreen. -+-Fixed-+-

-+ UPDATE +-
T9K is currently being rewritten into an online mmo and is mostly finished. just waiting on funding to get the server hosted.​

Last edited by a moderator:
How about some pictures or videos. Oops, didn't see your comment about fullscreen screenshot problem. But can't you at least take some screenshots in windowed mode? By the way, you could always build a screenshot system into your own game... surface_save().

D

Dengar

How about some pictures or videos. Oops, didn't see your comment about fullscreen screenshot problem. But can't you at least take some screenshots in windowed mode? By the way, you could always build a screenshot system into your own game... surface_save().
thanks for the suggestion :)
screenshots are up.

Morendral

the majority of it is already written. the hardest part is trying to find a host for the python server script.
I think you might have a tougher time finding and retaining a paying userbase, especially in a market notoriously dominated by a couple of big names and older dynasties. That's just my opinion though, as I haven't tried your game or seen anything info other than the screenshots posted here.

R

Rizlad

A simple game can be hosted off a beige box.
Game looks like an interesting project, keep at it!