Opinion PBR shader in GMS2

M

Misu

Thanks! Unfortunatelly I don't have permission to post there.
Actaully no... Advance Discussions is only for discussing techniques by providing the info how and requesting improvements for it. This is more of a demonstration on what you doing at the moment with just two screenshots only. If you were to provide for Advance Discussion, your content must be elaborate on what the technique and mechanic is. You can have access to the Advance Discussion by requesting it to Nocturne.

Another thing, Off-Topic is meant for NON-Game Maker related stuff. Although its hard indeed to find a place to show off, for that you could use the WIP subforum.

S

sharooz

thats really cool. Maybe you could post that in the technical section. I am a 3d artist mainly, nice to see this!

D

Deleted member 13992

Very cool! The helmet especially, great scratches on it! IMO could use some asymmetric details.

I've been learning Substance last couple months (for work, not for GMS) so this definitely has my interest.

whats pbr?
Physically based rendering. It's a new(ish) way to look at 3D materiels (and lighting/rendering). Where the old style of materials had a traditional diffuse/normal/specular, PBR uses more advanced masks such as roughness/microsurface, metalicity, in-material ambient occlusion, etc. It's very cool!

Couple vids on PBR

blender calls it something else but it's basically the same thing

kamiyasi

When I run the project, the model's normals are inverted and there's no background or gui rendered. Anyone know a solution?