Design Special Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ethian

Greetings.

I’m still currently working on my game, and i always thinked about to put an special character, special is called, because he will be very good, enough to be super loveable and at the end, very popular (Millions of views!)
And let me talk about some worrisome themes I’m still worried to, it’s because of curiosity, but as I’m sick of this, this will be the last time before making my character reality.
Someone can help me with the special character? Please?! If you said yes, thank you.

Last edited:

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Want to know one worrisome thing about your "special character"? It is easily recognizable as a rip-off by any self-respecting Nitrome fan, and the worrisome thing is that you think that none of the "millions of views" you expect is versed enough to call you out on it.

Yes, I'm going to help you with it, my way. It's called "words of tough love". And here it is:

"Toss this plagiarized crap into the trash, and start over."

E

ethian

Want to know one worrisome thing about your "special character"? It is easily recognizable as a rip-off by any self-respecting Nitrome fan, and the worrisome thing is that you think that none of the "millions of views" you expect is versed enough to call you out on it.

Yes, I'm going to help you with it, my way. It's called "words of tough love". And here it is:

"Toss this plagiarized crap into the trash, and start over."
No! what i was talking about the special character is another character! Not the sprite of cute monster i post! I don't know why i put that, maybe because it looks cute after all and it represents how i greet to people in topics like this thread... that cute monster is also something i saw for first time when it was first made years ago.
Also, wow! How you had checked where that cute nonster come from! Also, talking about ripoffs... it's just something worrisome that doesn't is enough to be called "worrisome" like me like the other things i'm worried about, and i call them "worrisome". Ripoffs, especially the ones of my favourite things i use for fun, makes me blush...
(Decides to talk about more and about the actual special character later)

Last edited:

GMWolf

aka fel666
And let me talk about some worrisome themes I’m still worried to, it’s because of curiosity, but as I’m sick of this, this will be the last time before making my character reality.
What is it that worries you? Hard to help if you give us no info.
Someone can help me with the special character? Please?! If you said yes, thank you.
How do you need help?
Do you need a character designer To make a character from scratch?
Do you have a design, and need an artist to draw it?
Do you already have all that and need feedback?

E

ethian

How do you need help?
Do you need a character designer To make a character from scratch?
Do you have a design, and need an artist to draw it?
Do you already have all that and need feedback?
The special character i'm talking about, is a character that i already made 2 years ago since this upcoming agoust.
I just started this thread to... make that character's main purpose come reality, and be exactly how i want, when they're came reality... mainly... well, main purpose is what i told at the beginning, but it's actually has more than that. It affects more to me than everyone else...
I guess i also started this thread to show how my character is currently and will be soon, and check if people here calls that character "cool". I had done this before here, but it's time now to make those small things bigger here... i guess...
(He will tell the full and actual main purpose soon)
Terrible things... i'll tell all of them soon, they're so much, and it will be a time waste of reading... i can't even make them in a nutshell... i have not much time to do all that for now, sorry...

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
If you want the character to be exactly how you want it, why are you wasting time worrying about whether we think it's "cool"? Just make it already. If you want to know what we don't think is "cool", it's this irrational adolescent desire to be universally accepted and the indecision that comes out of it.

E

ethian

If you want the character to be exactly how you want it, why are you wasting time worrying about whether we think it's "cool"? Just make it already. If you want to know what we don't think is "cool", it's this irrational adolescent desire to be universally accepted and the indecision that comes out of it.
I'm not wasting time in the people's reception, i'm wasting more time on me's reception than people's reception, people's reception is just one single thing, just make the character be called "cool" because of how they is, the feeling they make to us...
Me's reception is more than just calling him cool... is feel something... that it can be felt by some more people besides me... i don't think the others that are the mayority of the popularitation feel the same feeling as me with that character...
We know things called cool are examples of good things that makes us feel something positive, one exclusive feeling that makes us say the word cool to what is causing us to say it... and probably more...
Me's reception is, besides considering cool the character, feel something positive and strong that makes me to forget about the worrisomeness i'm worried about, and other self problems like get blushed by things like... the character is fat...
It's a feeling i have in the stomatch that makes me do something to remove it, especially partying... it's something posstive for me, i like it, especially the fact of partying.
I get that feeling when hearing and looking at the character Cranky from Blinky Bill, he's a lizard, and has a certain grumpy appearance... and... voice... and...
i also feel a similar feeling or the same... but small because of somethig called "not enough" when looking to the face of Hades from Hercules... there's more...

Last edited:
E

ethian

Terrible things... i'll tell all of them soon, they're so much, and it will be a time waste of reading... i can't even make them in a nutshell... i have not much time to do all that for now, sorry...
Ok, i'll tell it now, meanwhile i written this, i was working on other important things.
Well, it was 2 years ago from now, when... well, for start witj it, my first personal proyect was an animated series... i made it family friendly because isn't good to make a show be viewed by people that isn't kids after all... it's like i'm claustrophobic... make enjoyment things of mine, contain everything, and make everyone enjoy it with no problems caused by each enjoyment thing, not just a determinated amount of things, and aimed to a determinated part of the world... thing that what's popular nowadays contains, those things have just a certain amount of determinated objects and it's actually aimed to a certain amount of determinated humans... of the same thing of them... but everyone is sadly enjoying with them.
Now everyone is acting like the world was just everything that contain what they're enjoying that are the same things, and everything else doesn't exist, because of having not care about everything else of the world...
Popular games like Undertale at the end doesn't made me happy because, as it felt me like i was watching an animated movie at the cinema while playing it and completing it various times, it noticed it lacks things that makes the product feel like it was everything on the world, or what i call to it "Universal", this connects obligatorily to every animated movie i watch at the cinema. Things like Egypt, Kung Fu, Ninjas, the Jungle, the Wild West, a Winter Wonderland, an Desert Island, etc...
And this is because i'm making my game, i thinked about to keep enjoying with playing Undertale as i'm used to play with it, but making a version of my own of it, as Undertale inspired me to make a game similar to it while playing it... with all those multicontent that makes me feel to end calling it "Universal", it's what i told before.
This video says that it seems people is obsessed with the game Undertale (Video's Description), and it became oversaturated, and there’s people that got sick of it, thinking this game got ruined/isn’t good anymore as they though when they met it for first time... well, i’m also part of those people who got sick of the game, and now i’m currently working on a full, big product, similar to it, but better on my way, for personal enjoyment especially... for some reason, i end sharing what i make that’s what i use for enjoy… if is complete enough to completely enjoy it… those are my original games and my original music...
Also, the video says “If you’re sick of Undertale, just avoid it”, seems easy to avoid what i’m sick of, at the beginning, but suddently i feel like i need to use part of what i’m sick of, for enjoy… i’m actually really used to use what i’m currently sick of!… one example is, the TV channel i watch… and it’s more complicated with the case of encountering with uncensored swear words again… what i do after encountering with them again, is all i can do at those moments! Because of that ankward scare i get when i encountering them!
The video also says “It’s natural for humans to grow up to get sick of something they had got overexposed to”, right?
Ah, and talking about i'm sick of Undertale, i said i'm going to get rid of it because of my game... expiration time of enjoying with Undertale including my finished game, year 2026 (10 years after meeting and enjoyimg with Undertale for first time (me))
Oops! What i had ended talking about?! It hasn't so much of the important info about what i talked about at the beginning! Let's continue with it later...
But i talked about something i wanted to tell to people... anyways important and related to proyects of mine.

Last edited:
E

ethian

Google translated text can be super hard to read sometimes
Yeah. I also know is too much text to read adove...
Continuing with the theme, 2 years ago from the past months of april, i got interested to news like about the TV audience in rating points and Why women wear high heels and men not... even news that are something like "Mature content on TV on hours where children see in", worrisome topic, sadly, unfortunately, it was the subject in which I was more curious, getting disturbed about those news about the topic with all those curiosity i have... months later, i still got with curiosity about the topic, more disturbed, to know by myself i got scared of uncensored swears! especially the uncensored F and S words that are the most iconic of the swears, because they're the most used. And that's how my fear to my current uncensored swear words started.
"I have fear by uncensored swear words", sounds ridiculous, but it helps media of mine be more beautiful than ugly in feeling, so, anyways, please don't make any fun of me because of this! please!!

Worrisome topics like "Children getting spoiled, sadist, foul mouthed, because of a too free access to family unfriendly media because original creators doesn't care about even age rating" is what i'm naturally worried about although i do not care about this anymore and i currently avoided completely this topic... What i want is don't get scared by uncensored swear words anymore... Well, there's a book about a boy that gets "scared" by seeing the colors yellow and brown, based on a real history, that "fear" is exactly the fear i have with uncensored swear words. "Fear" closed by quotes because isn't actually fear, having that "fear", getting "scared" it's similar to getting
actually scared because of mouses or spiders, for example, but not actually a fear of that kind, it's actually something that ocurrs inside my stomatch... ansiety, but a negative one. The "fear" it's similar to actual fear, also, because occurs something inside stomatch when getting scared.

I guess my "fear" still continues because, i'm always on the same ambieance at school... the swears, i'm currently avoiding them by hearing music with headphones on recesses and working for school works... with teacher's permission.
Also, there's many things that makes annoy me, and, for something, i grown up to explode with what i get annoyed with, many of the things are because of the swear words, one of them, are "How mass culture is, people always do the same, the same they do is actually socially unaceptable as it includes swear words and the other things of the category of stuff that makes something for enjoy have "Viewer Discretion is Advised", those few things are violence with our grossity inside us including red liquid and worms, certain human organ-related morbidity used for get cute children and toxic consumables like those for drink, also, they even doesn't care about the consecuences yelling "Why the heck the most socially unaceptable is so popular?!", discrimination, yelling that those who are responsable of memes that are foul mouthed are fools that brainwashed the world to make everyone be fool, they're so fool, that even think they're the kings of the world and that's why they dominate the world notably, "It's all what they can think about!" example of thinking outside humanity just reptilians (reptile + humans) and that darn history of magical egyptian pyramid that has one eye on it, etcétera...

Also, when i seen Undertale for first time in my life, i though it looks like an american meme (Something that is the same nature of look of things like the faced stickman from "Challenge Accepted"), but because of the lack of the use of uncensored F and S words (That is what i'm mostly afraid of from 2 years ago to nowadays (i had told this before)) that are notably used on memes, i got excited with the fact of family friendly media that has similitues with family unfriendly media like american memes... thing that i guess i still get excited, and i know it hasn't have any bad at all, thing that i didn't knew at the time. Children is meeting ruined awesomeness in a better way, without those worrisome offshots as the media where the similitudes come from.

Last edited:

GMWolf

aka fel666
So you don't want swear words in your game? Just dont write any. It's that simple.
Writing game dialogue is an active process; unlike when talking, it's easy to not use certain words.

E

ethian

So you don't want swear words in your game? Just dont write any. It's that simple.
Writing game dialogue is an active process; unlike when talking, it's easy to not use certain words.
That's what i do naturally because of my fear! All i write is swear-free! And intentional ortographic error-free! (Saying "You" instead of "U" is the most notable example), also, using dots, commas, question marks, exclamation marks and capitals! Unlike those who say "U" instead of "You" that just use small letters and no capitals, that is other thing that annoys me... sort of... And all what i make is accesible for all persons of all ages, without issues related to worrisome themes like "Child becoming spoiled, being foul mouthed, and sadist because of things like GTA V, etcètera" (I had said this before)
Also, my fear also makes me detest games with dialougue! As i got scared by swears in dialouges in games where contain dialouges! Also, foul mouthed fans ruin the swear-free characters making them foul mouthed... you fools! Arrgh! Discrimination is natural having a swear fear (Double word sound!) Sorry.
Also, talking about fans, there's Homestuck, a comic from internet where swears, blood and the other things that makes the media have a high age rating that it's supossed to have not kids in the audience, more than making it "Viewer discresion advised", are used. That's why i nickname Homestuck "Homes(F word)" mentally, because of the use of the F and S words uncensored, especially.
What makes Homestuck so popular besides the family unfriendlyness? Or the family unfriendlyness is what makes Homestuck so popular? Why the heck the family unfriendly media is so popular! (I think "Homeheck" is better than "Homesf.." now!) My classmates when a swear is shown in class, from the books on the language class, they laughs! They're fools, you fools! (Sorry, i had said before discrimination is natural having the swear fear and the annoyingness...)
And continuing to the main topic of the special character...!

Last edited:

GMWolf

aka fel666
That's what i do naturally because of my fear! All i write is swear-free! And intentional ortographic error-free! (Saying "You" instead of "U" is the most notable example), also, using dots, commas, question marks, exclamation marks and capitals! Unlike those who say "U" instead of "You" that just use small letters and no capitals, that is other thing that annoys me... sort of... And all what i make is accesible for all persons of all ages, without issues related to worrisome themes like "Child becoming spoiled, being foul mouthed, and sadist because of things like GTA V, etcètera" (I had said this before)
Also, my fear also makes me detest games with dialougue! As i got scared by swears in dialouges in games where contain dialouges! Also, foul mouthed fans ruin the swear-free characters making them foul mouthed... you fools! Arrgh! Discrimination is natural having a swear fear (Double word sound!) Sorry.
Also, talking about fans, there's Homestuck, a comic from internet where swears, blood and the other things that makes the media have a high age rating that it's supossed to have not kids in the audience, more than making it "Viewer discresion advised", are used. That's why i nickname Homestuck "Homes(F word)" mentally, because of the use of the F and S words uncensored, especially.
And continuing to the main topic of the special character...!
I think you underestimate the usefulness of swearwords. They allow you to convey meaning that is, pragmatically (beyond semantics), not quite the same as using tamer works. ("s**t!" vs "Oops!" when you accidentally crash a car for example. the first is sincere, the other sounds comical).

but i think you are approching game design from completely the wrong end. You dont base your game around the idea that their will be proper language and no swear words. You dont bas a game on the opposite either. You base you game around a mechanic, or a narrative, or even characters. That's how you end up with a well written game (yes, mechanics can inform the writing of your game).
But more importatnyl, your game should not be entirely driven by the narative either (unless its a kinetic novel), it needs game mechanics. from simple choices in a VN, to the huge number of actions you perform in an RTS.
Start there. Then, whe you game is being written, when you actually write the scripts and add them into your game, can you think weather swear words are worth using in a situation, or if you would rather keep your game 'clean'.

Reactions: Cat
E

ethian

I think you underestimate the usefulness of swearwords. They allow you to convey meaning that is, pragmatically (beyond semantics), not quite the same as using tamer works. ("s**t!" vs "Oops!" when you accidentally crash a car for example. the first is sincere, the other sounds comical).

but i think you are approching game design from completely the wrong end. You dont base your game around the idea that their will be proper language and no swear words. You dont bas a game on the opposite either. You base you game around a mechanic, or a narrative, or even characters. That's how you end up with a well written game (yes, mechanics can inform the writing of your game).
But more importatnyl, your game should not be entirely driven by the narative either (unless its a kinetic novel), it needs game mechanics. from simple choices in a VN, to the huge number of actions you perform in an RTS.
Start there. Then, whe you game is being written, when you actually write the scripts and add them into your game, can you think weather swear words are worth using in a situation, or if you would rather keep your game 'clean'.
Proper language for the enjoyment of my game is the one what makes me smile, also the rest of the game's multicontent that makes me smile, too. It's the same as how goodly written are children's books, for example... "s//t vs. Oops.", i preffer "Oops!" As it fits with the proper nature of the proper language that contains use of exclamation marks. "s^^t" Makes the nature dirty and worse if there's fights like a...
Well, the main topic is a certain species of special character that's is supposed to be the cure for my swear fear, as they makes me feel something extreme that makes me end me to party hard (Well, not so noisy and edgy, but anyways satisfactory) and due to the frequence of this each break, i will stop carying about worrisome stuff like "Mature content within children makes them spoiled!" Anymore, And i'll naturally ban to worrying about anything worrisome by myself if i have curiosity! My swear fear was caused because of having endless curiosity to something worrisome... and...
(Will publish info about that character soon)

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Then perhaps you should start by NOT trying to target everyone.

One of the most important design tenets in any form interactive media is choosing a target audience. It means saying "no" to project ideas that aren't congruent with that audience. It means being prepared to hear "no" when it comes to people outside that audience.

You said you don't like things that bring a game's rating up to Teen or Mature. Then lower your age bar below 14 so that you don't have to include situations that may involve vulgarities. It's your project, you choose what age to target.

You said you aren't strong in developing dialogue in general. Then develop in genres where dialogue and thematic writing have insignificant roles or none at all, such as arcade and puzzle games. It's your project, you choose what weaknesses to avoid.

You don't want something? Then don't do that something. Quit whining about it.

And I don't want to hear about your idea of that "special character". All the drivel you wrote thus far tells me that the character won't make sense for that target audience, it's more fit for the shredder than the discussion table. If it was a fit, you wouldn't have been so anxiety-riddled over it.

E

ethian

Time to the Character!

The special character, its main purpose is to make me feel extreme ansiety to them, that makes me go nuts, doing things like partying hard, especially, forgotting to all my current problems especially my swear fear, getting used to naturally don't renember my swear fear problem anymore, and with getting used to naturally disallow to get curious with something worrisome and similars (got now before making this thread), avoiding to make something horrible similar to what caused my swear fear, occur to me again, while people in general ends considering the character good by just using the word "Cool" (Many people) and probably feel the same as me (Some people).

The special character must meet those requisits:
  • They must be a man, all the contrary of be a woman.
  • He must have a certain... low-sounding manly voice... or, a pitched up voice that is from an adult man anyways, similar to Bill Cipher's or Visual Contact's from Jamie's got Tentacles... i don't know...
  • A certain appearance of villianous face... similar to Cranky's from Blinky Bill, Hades' from Hercules, or Zorak's from Space Ghost...
  • Tall and Thin... slender...
  • A manly skinny body with a certain type of little but visible muscle tone, also visible when he's wearing clothes... his clothes are skinny enough to reveal his skinness of his actual body... little muscle tone type similar to Leon Powalski's from Star Fox...
  • His thinness must be similar to Jack Skellington's...
  • His face also must be similar to Sly Cooper's as he appears on a certain official artwork that it's below.
  • Very efficient in Hand to Hat Combat
  • His face must be also... he must be a bird like the one from Kung Fu Panda... or a white one with hood, robes, gloves and boots like SCP 049? Have inverted eyes (Black eyes with white pupils) like SCP 049 and Gaster from Undertale?
  • He must be... heroical-like, similar to how heroical is Undyne from Undertale, especially when she is Undyne the Undying... i don't know...
  • He must have a certain kind of manly chest... a... seductive-looking one, like Cranky from Blinky Bill's bare chest, that it's an example of a true seductive man chest.
  • His clothes must be dark, wear a black coat jacket... a hood with cape with mask (Like the main hero from Arrow (Netflix Series))... gloves... boots... those skinny pants and boots that have their toe part, pointy...
  • Wear a big hat mask and cape, like how the Zorro and Darkwing Duck look wearing them together...
  • Wear a scarf that covers the mouth... like how Sans from Undertale wears it in Genocide fanarts...
  • Wear a certain type of "Jacket" that has the part of below so long... like the one NEO from Matrix wears, and Gaster from Undertale in fanarts... probabily more...
  • Hood and having color purple like Raven Skin from Fortnite...
  • He is in a certain type of atmosphere that makes people end considering "cool", be a fighter that fights for the good, destroying the evil, like how Chakan, the Forever Man is with also what i said before, also, have a hat like him and also what wears on his torso...
  • He does Kung Fu, he's a ninja!
  • Amazing stealth... he moves fast, but quiet... do things silently....
  • Have ninja weapons like sword, 2 bars and chain, and a long stick!
  • He must be inteligent, calculated, ordened and cunning like a fox... all the contrary to dumb and clumsy...
  • Being skinny, thin, and slender, he must be all contrary to fat.
  • Have cool spanish traits like the accent and... make flamingo guitars sound...
  • Have a politique eloquence on his speech
  • Nothing bare on his body but his face... dark clothed from head to toe.
  • Wear mask...
(Oops! More coming soon?)

Last edited:
E

ethian

Then perhaps you should start by NOT trying to target everyone.

One of the most important design tenets in any form interactive media is choosing a target audience. It means saying "no" to project ideas that aren't congruent with that audience. It means being prepared to hear "no" when it comes to people outside that audience.

You said you don't like things that bring a game's rating up to Teen or Mature. Then lower your age bar below 14 so that you don't have to include situations that may involve vulgarities. It's your project, you choose what age to target.

You said you aren't strong in developing dialogue in general. Then develop in genres where dialogue and thematic writing have insignificant roles or none at all, such as arcade and puzzle games. It's your project, you choose what weaknesses to avoid.

You don't want something? Then don't do that something. Quit whining about it.

And I don't want to hear about your idea of that "special character". All the drivel you wrote thus far tells me that the character won't make sense for that target audience, it's more fit for the shredder than the discussion table. If it was a fit, you wouldn't have been so anxiety-riddled over it.
I said my game will have not swears! And other things that make the game have high age rate! It's for all ages, but with content that doesn't make kids be spoiled sadists like how GTA V is making to the kids because of the very accesible free door to mature content where anybody cares about to make it be limited because of the consecuences, and anybody cares about the consecuences!

The game will be family friendly in conclusion, so family friendly, it makes children be peace lovers and violence haters, all the contrary to what GTA V is doing to the children with that very unlimited access... (so my enjoyment media of mine will be rated TV G)

The main audience for the special character is me, who cares about everyone else?! But will be for everyone else anyways, the most important part of the audience is me because i said the character is special because is supposed to be the cure of an ankward fear i have (Swear fear) because, bla, bla, bla, see adove where i said the same and you will know the rest, please.

GMWolf

aka fel666
Very efficient in Hand to Hat Combat
Now that's a sport I'd like to see!

He must have a certain kind of manly chest... a... seductive-looking one, like Cranky from Blinky Bill's bare chest, that it's an example of a true seductive man chest.
At first I pictured you as a dude, but now I'm not so sure.

It's for all ages, but with content that doesn't make kids be spoiled sadists like how GTA V is making to the kids because of the very accesible free door to mature content where anybody cares about to make it be limited because of the consecuences, and anybody cares about the consecuences!
It's been shown time and time again that violent movies and games do not incite incite violent in people.

The game will be family friendly in conclusion, so family friendly, it makes children be peace lovers and violence haters, all the contrary to what GTA V is doing to the children with that very unlimited access... (so my enjoyment media of mine will be rated TV G)
The main audience for the special character is me, who cares about everyone else?!
Exactly, who cares about other people.
Make the game you want to make.
If you are the only target audience, you do not need people'' opinion on your character design and game philosophy, only your own :)

E

ethian

(Placeholder)
(Answers to last user reply)
(Cuidado Silencioso, Heck answer, Uboa Cult Following...)
(Family friendly and contrary extreme examples, gory and childish...)
(Meanwhile see adove, the traits of the special charscter that is going to be completed, full text here soon)

(Placeholder)
(Answers to last user reply)
(Cuidado Silencioso, Heck answer, Uboa Cult Following...)
(Family friendly and contrary extreme examples, gory and childish...)
(Meanwhile see adove, the traits of the special charscter that is going to be completed, full text here soon)
Why? You don't have to try explaining anything about what you are doing to any of us here. Make your character the way you want, however you want it to be (no matter how contradictory your previous descriptions seem). You do not need validation from anyone other than yourself.

This thread has just become exactly like your usual status/profile posts - unfocused lists and bulletpoints and seemingly only here to try to get people to validate what you are thinking of doing. If you just keep making posts and updates like this, then you are not working on your game, and you will never get anywhere with it. :eek:

If you actually have questions that you want us to respond to (which you seemed to start saying you did in your very first post but then never really asked anything that we could understand), then you should focus on exactly what you want to ask and ask us the questions as clearly as you can.

Exactly, who cares about other people.
Make the game you want to make.
This. So much this!!

Toque

Confusing.
You don’t like undertale but your making a game like it?

You want family friendly game but your character doesn’t seem family friendly.

You seem to have everything you need. Stop stressing and make your game.

The worst thing is you make a character you don’t like. Just make another one after.....no big deal. Or make 5 characters and pick best one. Nothing to fear.

A

Alessio

all the contrary to what GTA V is doing to the children with that very unlimited access.
No wait, if children have access to games like that, i'd say it's fault of bad (or simply inattentive) parenting, not of the game.

Family friendly and contrary extreme examples, gory and childish...
How is gory content family friendly? Not even Dragon Ball is supposed to be family friendly (mainly for adolescent boys, as hinted by the genre name in japanese).

I have yet to understand the real purpose of this thread: i don't know if there is a specific goal. But on a related note:

*list*
You forgot one: "They must be a weak boy/girl with an overwhelmingly tragic past, with dead mother/parents and crippled family, who will have to learn to be strong and independent."

Namely, every ****ing feature aimed at young kids.

E

ethian

Time to Answer.
Why? You don't have to try explaining anything about what you are doing to any of us here. Make your character the way you want, however you want it to be (no matter how contradictory your previous descriptions seem). You do not need validation from anyone other than yourself.

This thread has just become exactly like your usual status/profile posts - unfocused lists and bulletpoints and seemingly only here to try to get people to validate what you are thinking of doing. If you just keep making posts and updates like this, then you are not working on your game, and you will never get anywhere with it. :eek:

If you actually have questions that you want us to respond to (which you seemed to start saying you did in your very first post but then never really asked anything that we could understand), then you should focus on exactly what you want to ask and ask us the questions as clearly as you can.

This. So much this!!
Sorry for put those things, it's supposed to be a placeholder that will include what i'll put soon, i have no much time to put them already...
Also, there's things that make me talk about more about my swear fear, but i don't get interested to do it from now, the main topic of this thread is what i got interested more than my swear fear...
Especially complete the list of the character's requirements adove...
You don’t like undertale but your making a game like it?
Exactly, with ideas of mine that makes me smile instead of make me annoy me, for example, one single legendary genie to make wishes come true and something else to get it instead of the most popular thing related to make wishes come true: get the spheres of dragon, and one single, legendary and big merlin-like wizard that is a superpowerful entity instead of Illuminati, or Also a bit know as the supermagical egyptian pyramid that has one eye from human...
And probably ninja cocodriles instead of reptilians...
A 3rd eye, iluminaty and everything else related, are just part of the human imagination, but they grown up to get so fool, that they think is truly real, ignoring the fact they actually aren't real like it never existed.
You want family friendly game but your character doesn’t seem family friendly.
I know my special character doesn't seem family friendly, but he actually, his weapons are used as tools more than use them for harm someone and something innocent, for example, swords are used to cut bamboo, also, the high efficience of hand to hand combat is used for... something related to sports... not for harm... he is very careful with the people when he's "in action", without intentions of harm everyone. Also, he doesn't even curse.
Something about sports... he was the idea and...
Now that's a sport I'd like to see!
When i first seen this, i made smirking face.
One of the character's requirements is... many things that make me do the smirking face. This is a fun example of other thing what makes me make that face:

The worst thing is you make a character you don’t like. Just make another one after.....no big deal. Or make 5 characters and pick best one. Nothing to fear.
I like the special character! Because he is absolutely free of what i'm afraid of (swears and everything else about vulgarity)! And what i'm doing now is something that is supposed to make when my game is 50% complete, but sadly, a fear must be solved because of that character and i'm completely sick of having that fear from 2 years to now, so...
It's been shown time and time again that violent movies and games do not incite incite violent in people.
But how in my past, when one of my cousins was a baby, why she was naturally harming me when the family where she comes visited our house one time?
And how i read news about Mortal Kombat that made a man kill his woman, for example?
And how in this video:
Says something about someone became sadist because of enjoying violent videogames at one point?
How is gory content family friendly?
It includes absolutely nothing with family friendlyness, with those grossness we have inside us splattered out, red liquid and organs, looks horrible for humans naturally!
Not even Dragon Ball is supposed to be family friendly (mainly for adolescent boys, as hinted by the genre name in japanese).
Yeah, as there's a sea footage with a warning triangle at the beginning of each episode, right?
Also, there's extreme fantasy violence content like how the "Kame hame Ha!" Is...
You forgot one: "They must be a weak boy/girl with an overwhelmingly tragic past, with dead mother/parents and crippled family, who will have to learn to be strong and independent."
When i was first making this character, i was thinking about adding this, as it is Sly Cooper inspiration (This character has also the same what you said, and that's why he feels cool to nowadays) but... i don't know about this now...
Namely, every ****ing feature aimed at young kids. (Image of a certain modification of promotional art of Ed, Edd and Eddy)
You show a example of a ruined cartoon for children, i had said that foul mouthed people ruin what is not foul mouthed and feels all the contrary with dirty like how foul mouthed media feel being foul mouthed, being what they become to get used, be foul mouthed...
But, i said too that i'm not interested to talk about this class of topic with the users lf this forum anymore... well, just a bit... because i have one single thing related to talk about that topic here in my agenda... i get more interested with the main topic of this thread as i'm still working for my game... And you're making say again something i said before here (adove)!
it makes children be peace lovers and violence haters
I guess Undertale has a similar purpose, because the game actually congrats you when you complete the pacifist route, because of the beautiful, happy ending... And the game actually punishes you when you're completing the genocide route, as its last battle is difficult, and the ambiance is nightmare fuel... my game has a more accurate purpose to what i said adove, and the game has a lower age classification, but not so lower, it must be rated E anyways, but not E10+ like Undertale... as Undertale includes even scary scenes that even gave nightmares to some adults! Most notable example, the final boss from the neutral route, is a vile monster that has a completely out-of-this-world appearance!

Last edited:

GMWolf

aka fel666
I'm sorry but this thread has no point.
You are not really asking any questions.
You are not really showing anything off either...
What's the point?

E

ethian

I'm sorry but this thread has no point.
You are not really asking any questions.
You are not really showing anything off either...
What's the point?
The character's requirement list is the main point plus questions of what character makes you considerer is the coolest? (But it will be present when i publish concept art lf the character here, based on the requirements, i'll complete it soon)... i can say... is incomplete... sorry, but i have not much time to complete it and make the issue of this thread end like i always excpece...
But today, winter break on my country starts! Sadly, i still haven't much time because i need have time to work on my game, study, and do more things of mine like complete wallpapers and theme songs for enjoy...

E

ethian

Cool characters are required to wear sunglasses and sneakers.
I was thinking to put to the special character when i was first making him...
Nowadays, i think the sunglasses as appear in anime look cooler than how i naturally draw/how appear kn cartoons i watch...

Simon Gust

Time to the Character!

The special character, its main purpose is to make me feel extreme ansiety to them, that makes me go nuts, doing things like partying hard, especially, forgotting to all my current problems especially my swear fear, getting used to naturally don't renember my swear fear problem anymore, and with getting used to naturally disallow to get curious with something worrisome and similars (got now before making this thread), avoiding to make something horrible similar to what caused my swear fear, occur to me again, while people in general ends considering the character good by just using the word "Cool" (Many people) and probably feel the same as me (Some people).

• They must be a man, all the contrary of be a woman.
  • He must have a certain... low-sounding manly voice... or, a pitched up voice that is from an adult man anyways, similar to Bill Cipher's or Visual Contact's from Jamie's got Tentacles... i don't know...
  • A certain appearance of villianous face... similar to Cranky's from Blinky Bill, Hades' from Hercules, or Zorak's from Space Ghost...
  • Tall and Thin... slender...
  • A manly skinny body with a certain type of little but visible muscle tone, also visible when he's wearing clothes... his clothes are skinny enough to reveal his skinness of his actual body... little muscle tone type similar to Leon Powalski's from Star Fox...
  • His thinness must be similar to Jack Skellington's...
  • His face also must be similar to Sly Cooper's as he appears on a certain official artwork that it's below.
  • Very efficient in Hand to Hat Combat
  • His face must be also... he must be a bird like the one from Kung Fu Panda... or a white one with hood, robes, gloves and boots like SCP 049? Have inverted eyes (Black eyes with white pupils) like SCP 049 and Gaster from Undertale?
  • He must be... heroical-like, similar to how heroical is Undyne from Undertale, especially when she is Undyne the Undying... i don't know...
  • He must have a certain kind of manly chest... a... seductive-looking one, like Cranky from Blinky Bill's bare chest, that it's an example of a true seductive man chest.
  • His clothes must be dark, wear a black coat jacket... a hood with cape with mask (Like the main hero from Arrow (Netflix Series))... gloves... boots... those skinny pants and boots that have their toe part, pointy...
  • Wear a big hat mask and cape, like how the Zorro and Darkwing Duck look wearing them together...
  • Wear a scarf that covers the mouth... like how Sans from Undertale wears it in Genocide fanarts...
  • Wear a certain type of "Jacket" that has the part of below so long... like the one NEO from Matrix wears, and Gaster from Undertale in fanarts... probabily more...
  • Hood and having color purple like Raven Skin from Fortnite...
  • He is in a certain type of atmosphere that makes people end considering "cool", be a fighter that fights for the good, destroying the evil, like how Chakan, the Forever Man is with also what i said before, also, have a hat like him and also what wears on his torso...
  • He does Kung Fu, he's a ninja!
  • Amazing stealth... he moves fast, but quiet... do things silently....
  • Have ninja weapons like sword, 2 bars and chain, and a long stick!
  • He must be inteligent, calculated, ordened and cunning like a fox... all the contrary to dumb and clumsy...
  • Being skinny, thin, and slender, he must be all contrary to fat.
  • Have cool spanish traits like the accent and... make flamingo guitars sound...
  • Have a politique eloquence on his speech
  • Nothing bare on his body but his face... dark clothed from head to toe.
  • Wear mask...
(Oops! More coming soon?)
Then go make it and don't bore us with your nonsense.
Why do you ask someone else how to make a "cool" character when you just can set the bar on what "cool" is?
And also, you're refrencing a lot of other characters and figures in this of things you want to copy from them.
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of making your own character?

Also, 2 keywords:
Avoid, edgy and mary sue.
They don't seem to be popular in general.

E

ethian

Then go make it and don't bore us with your nonsense.
Yes, it's not enough time now, but i will do it later that is today anyways!
Why do you ask someone else how to make a "cool" character when you just can set the bar on what "cool" is?
And also, you're refrencing a lot of other characters and figures in this of things you want to copy from them.
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of making your own character?
I guess not, and other of the things that makes the main issue of this thread be solved is: Make other artists make concept art based on the requirements i written adove besides me, but i'm in action anyways like those artists, it means we will work on this character together, also, see what design is the coolest considered by users and use it for my game, and make people say what do they think about the idea...
Avoid, edgy and mary sue.
They don't seem to be popular in general.
Gary Stu? But my game isn't in fandom topics! (Fangame) also, being my game fantastic, fantasy is a clas of freedom, and it means i can do all i want. Also, being "completely perfect" sounds too much and actually impossible after all, nothing is perfect in the life... also, when making things, i'm afraid of people's negative reception to them, so i end figuring things out to be "anti-bad" enough to avoid bad reception...
Anyways no matter how that special character turned out and how will turn out thanks to what i'm supposed to do in this topic.. i feel i don't need the help with the character after all, what i feel i need to do about the main theme of this thread is show the character to people here and make them say what they do think about that idea... and probably one more thing that is part of "help", i had mentioned before correctly but now, i feel i can't... but you'll be able to check what i'm talking about when it's done as i always hope soon.

Also, popularity within the character isn't important after all, it's just a feeling of mine... i don't know...

Last edited:

Toque

I think you have enough planning and thinking done. I would stop thinking about it and start doing something with the game. Try and make your character. Im sure you will get good feedback if you actually post something you made. The good and bad feedback.

I think its great you are giving your game a lot of thought and feelings now use that in your game.

Game developers tend to be more practical. What colour palette will you use? What size will your game be? What will be the game mechanics?

I think people could help if they have something they can see.

Best of luck.

E

ethian

Wait! The list of requirements adove isn't finished! So artists, don't make what i propuest: Make their own designs of the character based on the requirements, until i advice that the list is finished.
Will be coloured to be eye catching and be identificable to make people know the colored part of this thread is the requirement list.
Make that list is the part of this thread, there's major chance of haven't enough time to finally finish it, so, patience...

GMWolf

aka fel666
Artist won't just make things following this thread.
You will have to comission (pay) someone to do it.

And, you need something easier to dfollo too! Make a simple bullet point of features. Maybe provide some more for the concept artist to draw off of.

Toque

Wait! The list of requirements adove isn't finished! So artists, don't make what i propuest: Make their own designs of the character based on the requirements, until i advice that the list is finished.
That list isn't finished? You have a very detailed vision!

Give the artist some freedom. They usually know more what you want than you do.

E

ethian

That list isn't finished? You have a very detailed vision!

Give the artist some freedom. They usually know more what you want than you do.
Yes! Thanks with the recomendation!

And about the freedom, yes, similar and additional content to the designs is allowed, but one of the restrictions is mustn't contain content that makes the "viewer discresion advised" warning be present within the character.

The character must be, very accurate to the requirements, but not so much after all... the thing of "must be very accurate" is ankward after all, right?

Also, i'll publish my receptions to the designs, also, marking the parts i liked... if i liked it because it makes me feel the ansiety, i'll put this image!

But, if i considered bad, because it makes me blush because of a defect i noticed within the character, i'll put this image:

In this topic, when i say "makes me blush", i get like this face.

Ah! but with the designs that make me blush, i can modify what is present that makes me blush, as i said: me and the artists, we will work together!

God..., this thread makes my head hurt...
Wow...

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
If this topic had a point, it was lost a long time ago... closed, as it's not going anywhere and making less sense by the minute...

Status
Not open for further replies.