Asset - Project Cannot get files from marketplace to work

G

Green Elf

Hi, I am brand new here. I Just recently purchased a copy of GM studio 2 because I wanted to get into making games. I then went to the Marketplace section to look for resources. It turns out that apparently GM studio 2 is fairly new and not a lot of the resources are for GM studio 2, but instead for older versions.

I downloaded a Template for a platforming game in the projects section on Marketplace which says its for GM studio 2. The file type is named yymp, however when I try and import or open this file in GM studio 2 it won't recognize it. So I don't understand what's going on.

Also I have heard that you can still import an older project file from GM 1.4 to GM studio 2, but I also tried downloading a project file from marketplace from a 1.4 version and it still would not open the file. Am I doing something wrong here?

J

Jonfen

I am having the same problem. I downloaded a shader but it is a yymp file. 7-zip can open it and I can view the files, I just can't extract them...

NazGhuL

NazTaiL
This is a known bug, that should be fixed in a future update. (Can't import included file)

Thanks for reporting this issue. I've now investigated and confirmed the issue, so I've added a report into our bugs database and we'll get this fixed for a future release of GMS2 - the issue is with the 2.0 IDE importing your asset, not the Marketplace or the asset itself, btw.
Thanks again,
Daniel Cleaton
YoYo QA Department

V

verrafa

I can't beleave that this existst since last year. How can i test the software when i cannot open demos?

P

PoochHerder

Any update on this? The marketplace is pretty useless without it.

H

HW.

If you want to import assets on marketplace, do not download it via your web browser to get the file, it will be in .yymp which recently can't be recognized by GMS2 IDE manual importing.

But don't worry, Instead, just do the process inside on your GMS2 IDE marketplace asset library.

How? Forget the previous .yymp file for now (which was downloaded from your web browser or on your hard drive),

and do this:

On your GMS2 IDE, first you should be online, please login with your GM license acc first, then just go to marketplace, library, inside the IDE, and you will be able to browse the marketplace directly from inside the IDE, you will see buttons to download or import the asset to your current GMS2 project.

Before the issue existed (manual importing .yymp not recognized), it was easy to do just by dragging the file to IDE from our desktop and it will automatically recognize the file and import it.

But now, you have to let the internal downloader on GMS2 IDE to do it.

I hope my little tip can help you all. ;)

P

PoochHerder

If you want to import assets on marketplace, do not download it via your web browser to get the file, it will be in .yymp which recently can't be recognized by GMS2 IDE manual importing.

But don't worry, Instead, just do the process inside on your GMS2 IDE marketplace asset library.
This approach will work for downloading other people's content, but it doesn't help with testing content that you've created. To use this approach, you have to add the content to your library, but you can't do that with your own created content; you only have a download link for it. Unfortunately, this means that, if you want to publish content, you just have to publish it and hope that everything works for other people. If it doesn't...well...you're out of luck because you can't debug the import process with your own account.

This issue needs to be fixed if they want Marketplace content to be reliable.

W

Wraithious

This approach will work for downloading other people's content, but it doesn't help with testing content that you've created. To use this approach, you have to add the content to your library, but you can't do that with your own created content; you only have a download link for it. Unfortunately, this means that, if you want to publish content, you just have to publish it and hope that everything works for other people. If it doesn't...well...you're out of luck because you can't debug the import process with your own account.

This issue needs to be fixed if they want Marketplace content to be reliable.
You can create an asset listing on the marketplace and make it private and for personal testing, then just create the asset package from your game, upload it, and then only you can download it.

zbox

GMC Elder
Change it to a zip and go from there - very annoying there's no official support for this (AFAIK still - I tried just then and couldn't find a way to do this despite this being an ages old issue)

W

Will Zettler

On my end, it keeps telling me Error Loading resource everytime I try to open an imported project from the library. Is there a work around? I need access to my files. Thanks for any help. This is SO annoying.

T

Taddio

This is still an issue in 2019? I ran into the same issue.
Does it for me, too. I have access to the files if I unzip the .yymp, but I found no way of stitching the project together.
Not cool at all.

O

Obj_Neil

I managed to get it to work by accessing it in the my library in gamemaker. You can also drag and drop the file directly into gamemaker and that works for the most part.