Minecraft

Lukasmah

(Note that this isn't actually the official logo... Sadly)

Minecraft is a sandbox/survival game; it involves mining, crafting, building, surviving, adventuring, and enchanting, and is exceedingly popular. Minecraft was created by Markus "Notch" Persson from Sweden and is now being primarily developed by Jens Bergensten(AKA Jeb).

Links

Offical Website - To buy the game, look at merchandise and other links, see Jeb's twitter updates, watch the advertisement video thingy, play it in browser, or do whatever.
Minecraft Wiki - To answer almost any question you could think of as to how to play, how things work, and where to find basically everything.
Offical Minecraft Forums - If you'd like to talk about exclusively minecraft things to a bigger community of players.
Original Soundtrack. - For those of you that like the music.
Old topic - The previous topic.

Downloadable Maps

Snail Man's jumping/obstacle course
Yokcos' Hunger Games
Great Gamer's generic adventure map

Servers

If you have a server you want added to this list, PM me or post the IP and I'll post it here soon. You can also give a short description and tell me what the uptime is so people will have a better idea of what goes on around there and when they can get on.

--Unofficial GMC Server
IP: gmc.mcmonkey.org
Dynmap: http://gmc.mcmonkey.org/
IRC connection: irc.frenetic.xyz#gmc
Discord: https://discord.gg/8wv3qvx
Version: 1.12.1

Last edited:
M

Misu

Wait... didnt we had a thread exactly called Minecraft in this forum started by mcmonkey?

M

Misu

Never heard of it, is it any good?
Used to be very dull... now there is more land to explore so its fun to play with people. I had fun yesterday just trying to travel back to my lost hut. Im still looking for people to join my fortress though :/

Mercerenies

I didn't know mc's server was still around. Jumped on for a few minutes this morning, and it was quite a trip down memory lane.

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
Oi, I've recently gotten back into Minecraft and hope some of you lot might too.
I enjoy having free reign of an entire server, but the fun of community isn't there anymore.
I know a few of the people who used to frequent might still be here.

--Unofficial GMC Server
Dynmap: http://gmc.mcmonkey.org/
IRC connection: irc.frenetic.xyz#gmc
Discord: https://discord.gg/8wv3qvx
Version: 1.12.1

M

Misu

Oi, I've recently gotten back into Minecraft and hope some of you lot might too.
I enjoy having free reign of an entire server, but the fun of community isn't there anymore.
I know a few of the people who used to frequent might still be here.
Weird Coincident. I was reopening Minecraft today after being inactive for more than a year. Wasnt really tied up to playing it because of the lack of people to play with but I might hop on this week when I have the chance

M

Misty

No offense but minecraft hurts my eyes. But if there was a way to put in chamfer cubes I absolutely would play.

RollyBug

No offense but minecraft hurts my eyes. But if there was a way to put in chamfer cubes I absolutely would play.
I don't think anyone should / would be offended by that, haha. Sort of surprised to see you say that ;)

Chamfer cubes would be interesting. Might be a texture pack for that, only it wouldn't work online.

S

snowstorm

Well...
I was very, VERY surprised to see such a poster of Minecraft. Just... Well, I've never thought Minecraft is a serious game about survival in zombie apocalypse or monster invasion. It was a childish game for crafting and building and mining.
Now I think I am already adult after this poster. My life won't be the same. Minecraft won't be the same for me.

M

Misu

Well...
I was very, VERY surprised to see such a poster of Minecraft. Just... Well, I've never thought Minecraft is a serious game about survival in zombie apocalypse or monster invasion. It was a childish game for crafting and building and mining.
Now I think I am already adult after this poster. My life won't be the same. Minecraft won't be the same for me.
I was still loving and playing this game when I was 25 yo. There is no such thing as too old for minecraft.

Mercerenies

I wouldn't say it's any sort of serious game about zombie apocalypse. Most[citation needed] people play for the building aspects anyway, even those who play on survival. But crafting and building and mining ≠ childish.

M

Misu

I play it for the expansion; forming a private community to reign on other groups. And of course for the survival. Playing offline sucks of course but playing with people with your own intentions works out best most of the time.

M

Misty

I wish there was a thing like Minecraft. A community to make 3d maps in real time. To build great things, that can be used for many things, such as games (OBJ format) as well as archetecture and VR. But that you can make decent 3d levels. Not blocky voxels.

M

Misu

I wish there was a thing like Minecraft. A community to make 3d maps in real time. To build great things, that can be used for many things, such as games (OBJ format) as well as archetecture and VR. But that you can make decent 3d levels. Not blocky voxels.
And also can have karts with realistic physics and your beloved characters riding in pair on them. That would have been the most perfect universe ever.

M

Misty

And also can have karts with realistic physics and your beloved characters riding in pair on them. That would have been the most perfect universe ever.
No its just supposed to be a utility. In order to make great 3d things.

Bearman_18

Fruit Stand Deadbeat
@Misty I love MC, but I know what you mean. Have you ever played split-screen multiplayer? Your eyes will be sore for the rest of the gosh-awful day. There's only one good platform to play Minecraft on. And I don't have it on that platform. (It's PC.)

M

Misty

@Misty I love MC, but I know what you mean. Have you ever played split-screen multiplayer? Your eyes will be sore for the rest of the gosh-awful day. There's only one good platform to play Minecraft on. And I don't have it on that platform. (It's PC.)
Wont lie they got a Minecraft clone on the Wii u that i want to buy. Its sort of like an fps kind of game. Generally though MC hurts my eyes.

RollyBug

Greetings!
It is I, Community Rep for the unofficial GMC:Minecraft server. We've been dormant for a little while but have kicked things back into action with some new updates.

Firstly and most importantly, we've updated to 1.13.2! Now you can enjoy dolphins, turtles and other sea creatures, new blocks, items, enchantments and more with us here.

Second, while not completely new, we have a discord server! You don't strictly have to be a part of this community, so invite your friends, too!

Version 1.13.2

Lastly, here are some pics of what you're missing out on:
Full gallery.

Last edited:

Posho

I've been playing lately in a chill solo survival map.

Recently I built two different Redstone chicken farms and a Villager farm.

Redstone machines are so satisfying to make.

M

Misu

Im showing off my own Minecraft server: Misuland

This one is not using the latest version for a reason. Its on 1.10.2
Its an extreme survival server that runs 24/7. Nothing special.

IP: misuland.mcserv.co
Dynmap: shorturl.at/lGLQZ

Feel free to do whatever you love to do in this magical and whimsical universe! Enjoy!