• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

OFFICIAL GameMaker 2 Summer Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
Summer is seriously heating-up and with that comes our summer sale. We want to give you up to 20% off GameMaker Studio 2 so that you can get going with a summer of game development and start making great things!

https://www.yoyogames.com/get

Full details of the sale are:

• 20% off GameMaker Studio 2 Desktop
  • 10% off GameMaker Studio 2 Mobile
  • 10% off GameMaker Studio 2 Fire
  • 10% off GameMaker Studio 2 Web
  • 10% off GameMaker Studio 2 UWP
Want to learn more about GameMaker Studio 2? Visit this page.

Ready to make a purchase? Click here!

Note: This sale cannot be used in conjunction with any available upgrade discounts

Sale ends July 5, 2018

tonyfinale

Don't suppose it's possible to combine the sale power of the sunset and summer deals if you have access to both at once?

N

NorsSon

Sooo not trying to be "that" guy but before the sale the game was 69 full lisence (I have the 12 month) and now it was 79 if I remember correctly so the sale actually made it more expensive so what gives yo?

Sooo not trying to be "that" guy but before the sale the game was 69 full lisence (I have the 12 month) and now it was 79 if I remember correctly so the sale actually made it more expensive so what gives yo?
If it was $69 for 12 months, then you are getting a good deal by paying $79 for the permanent licence (no 12 month restriction or repurchase required). So not really sure what the problem is here.

N

NorsSon

No what I'm getting at is I bought the 12 month lisence then it was offering me the permanent lisence for an additional 69 now that the sale is going on the permanent lisence is costing 10 dollars more making it 79.
So no not a good deal.

Dog Slobber

No what I'm getting at is I bought the 12 month lisence then it was offering me the permanent lisence for an additional 69 now that the sale is going on the permanent lisence is costing 10 dollars more making it 79.
So no not a good deal.
So you paid $39 + $69 for a total of $108 and now you believe you did better than the current sale of $79.

N

NorsSon

No I never bought the permanent lisence I was about to but then I saw the "sale" actually bought the cost of the lisence up from what it would have previously cost me.

For instance when I bought the temporary lisence to the engine I was offered a discount on the permanent lisence which would have been 69 on top of the 39 I had previously paid but I opted out of buying it that moment until I tested it.

Then yesterday I went to purchase it and saw that the sale was going on so instead of the original '69' it would have been it was now '79' granted it's only a 10 dollar difference however it doesn't seem right that it would go up like that for some one with a temporary lisence.

Dog Slobber

The sale should not be invalidating their advertised upgrade price.

It still clearly says:
"Comes with a 30% discount when upgrading to Desktop."

Are you just going by the advertised price or have you tried a purchase to see if the charge was $69 or $79 for you?

N

NorsSon

Yeah I tried to purchase and it still stayed at $79.
It's alright though I've decided to just use game maker to draft up ideals and use another engine for my game development.

B

Blitterbob

I bought the GameMaker Studio 2 Desktop Licence and ask my self what happen when I now buy GameMaker Studio 2 Web Summersale for 134$
Can I then publish to Desktop an the Web also?

Dog Slobber

I bought the GameMaker Studio 2 Desktop Licence and ask my self what happen when I now buy GameMaker Studio 2 Web Summersale for 134$
Can I then publish to Desktop an the Web also?
Yes.

Desktop creates executables for Windows, Mac and Linux (Ubuntu). Web creates HTML5 suitable for the Web..

P

pechhi

my friend bought me GMS2:desktop edition :D
the problem is that i can't login because the servers are most likely down currently :(

N

NeonBits

And from this side of the table, everything confused me; the gm2 humble deal, the yoyo upgrade offer, the end of gm1.4, maybe the coffee on the laptop started it.

HB has currently many promo, one is "GameMaker Studio 2: Desktop (at 75)", the other "GameMaker Studio 2: Creator Windows (at 26)". There's also a "GM2 web (at 150)" and "GM2 fire (at 150)".

They all have the same description:
Unlimited Resources
Dedicated Support Forum
Windows Desktop Export
Windows IDE
Only the export is different. I was after the windows desktop export. I couldn't understand why one was at 26 and the other at 75. I thought, "must be the macOS Export + Ubuntu Export". Then I've noticed the 12 month licence on one, but none of the other versions had something saying "permanent licence". I thought "GM2 is now more expensive, sad compared to 1.4". In Yoyo's blog, there's a discount on upgrade to go from V1 to V2. And it is said 1.4 will no longer be supported after july 31. I was afraid to see my permanant 1.4 licence becoming temporary after upgrading. So I took the HB offer at 26 before it expires, like this I will have both v1 and v2. I told myself I've all the time, I will finish the project on 1.4 and download later the new version to discover what's new; not good to activate the new licence when I don't know to work with GM2.

Oops, to redeem and link V2 to the account, through yoyo's website, it activates the licence without the need to download GM2! I'm saying this because dashboard writes "expiry: 26 Jul 2019". And this is not a win64.

And now I read here that 75 is permanent. And now I view "permanent" in dashboard. And I read that 1.4 will still be available to download; wow, this is great (no irony), thanks yoyo; and thanks to someone's advice in the forum, I did a backup of the project, nothing is lost.

I don't know if the computer will survive the coffee, I'm letting it dry before reassembling. But I feel that I've lost my money in the HB deal. Yeah, my fault. Is it there a way to change this since I've not installed and not downloaded GM2? I would like to turn it into a permanant licence. I think I will have to explain to HB first and pay the difference , but I redeemed the code, am I supposed to explain the case here, first?

E

Engineer

And it is said 1.4 will no longer be supported after july 31. I was afraid to see my permanant 1.4 licence becoming temporary after upgrading.
Why would your permanent license suddenly become a temporary one?

It will stay permanent for as long as the software continues to function. 'No longer supported' doesn't mean it won't open up any more.

N

NeonBits

I've explained above.

Last edited by a moderator:

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
I couldn't understand why one was at 26 and the other at 75. I thought, "must be the macOS Export + Ubuntu Export". Then I've noticed the 12 month licence on one, but none of the other versions had something saying "permanent licence".
In cases like this, it is best to check the official website for more detailed information as external websites may not always offer all information. The license comparison page explains the differences between (for example) a Windows Creator and a Desktop license. All licenses are tagged as either temporary or permanent.

Oops, to redeem and link V2 to the account, through yoyo's website, it activates the licence without the need to download GM2! I'm saying this because dashboard writes "expiry: 26 Jul 2019". And this is not a win64.

And now I read here that 75 is permanent. And now I view "permanent" in dashboard.

(...)

I feel that I've lost my money in the HB deal. Yeah, my fault. Is it there a way to change this since I've not installed and not downloaded GM2? I would like to turn it into a permanant licence. I think I will have to explain to HB first and pay the difference , but I redeemed the code, am I supposed to explain the case here, first?
"here" as in "GameMaker Community" is not the correct place. I suggest contacting YoYo Games' as well as Humble Bundle's customer support. As this matter is related to services offered by both of them, resolving it in tandem seems like the best possible course of action to me. I can't make any promises here, so all further details would need to be cleared up with the customer support of both platforms, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.