• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Can't Login to GameMaker Studio 2....

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
We believe we've put live a fix for this issue. Please let us know if you have any further or continued issues.

B

batmanai15

I still cannot access the yoyo games main website. Have been unable to since this all started

B

batmanai15

Same thing. Takes awhile then get 504 gateway timeout error

C

CytricAcid

Its still not working for me. I've disabled ipv6, enabled alternate DNS servers, i flushed my DNS cache, and I'm still getting a "no network connection" error upon trying to log in. I've tried every kind of fix in this topic and it still doesn't work.

C

CyberDragonGames

Its still not working for me. I've disabled ipv6, enabled alternate DNS servers, i flushed my DNS cache, and I'm still getting a "no network connection" error upon trying to log in. I've tried every kind of fix in this topic and it still doesn't work.
dont disable the ip version 6. If your continuing to have issues as stated before use a vpn to circumvent the issue. It does not appear every issue is identical but all relative to the root problem which is related to the login process. Try using a vpn and see if that get you passed the issue. Im using expressVPN

C

CytricAcid

dont disable the ip version 6. If your continuing to have issues as stated before use a vpn to circumvent the issue. It does not appear every issue is identical but all relative to the root problem which is related to the login process. Try using a vpn and see if that get you passed the issue. Im using expressVPN
well i reenabled ipv6, but im not about to pay for a VPN to use software I already paid for. This is ridiculous. Ive tried to use my phone's internet connection and I'm getting the same error there as well. It's not even trying to connect to the internet...

edit: now GMS freezes and times out when i click login while trying the "launch while offline" trick.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CytricAcid

restart your computer see if the freezing goes away
already did. noticed in the ui.log that even with my wifi on, it still gives errors while connecting to the internet.

Code:
[18:57:48:901(3256)] System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
   at YoYoStudio.Core.Utils.HttpUtil.<>c__DisplayClass46_0.<InternalCheckForInternetConnection>b__1(String s, ParallelLoopState _state)
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.<---

C

CyberDragonGames

It looks like more is going on. Appears a task is getting blocked. Disable your antivirus temporarily and add an exception to your firewall to allow for GMS2.

Also if that don't work I would try uninstalling then reinstalling GMS2.

C

CytricAcid

It looks like more is going on. Appears a task is getting blocked. Disable your antivirus temporarily and add an exception to your firewall to allow for GMS2.

Also if that don't work I would try uninstalling then reinstalling GMS2.
Disabling my Firewall entirely gives me a different error now: Exception - The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

I tried making exceptions for game maker in my firewall, but that didn't work, so I had to disable it entirely to get it to work. If theres a detailed guide on how to let GMS2 through my firewall, i'd appreciate it

edit: i had to delete ALL the instances of Game Maker Studio 2 in the inbound/outbound rules on my firewall to finally log in. no idea how it got all messed up like that...

Last edited by a moderator:
I

icuurd12b42

We believe we've put live a fix for this issue. Please let us know if you have any further or continued issues.
Getting a lot of DNS Name Not resolved errors now, shown in the browser page, the page looks like them 404 error pages, and is briefly followed by an auto refresh from the chrome browser and then the site loads...

Possibly this error is expected to cause a refresh in chrome? I never seen that. I did nothing and it refreshed right away and the site loaded... Possibly the GMS UI code that does http would need to retry as well at opposed to insta fail...

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
I can corroborate iccurd12b42's point. I also got a DNS problem today around lunch time at my local time zone (circa 17:00 UTC), when everything under the YoYo umbrella was unresolvable: the GMC, the Marketplace, the server with GMS 1.4/2.x downloads, just everything.

I

icuurd12b42

upload_2018-6-6_19-2-14.png

Caught it in the act...

It actually did that for www.yoyogames.com as well. Which put me at the ready for a screen shot for when I hit the Forum menu in the main site

I

icuurd12b42

This is what I'm gettin now in a new browser tab. and it won't load at all...

upload_2018-6-6_20-1-30.png

The crazy thing is I can still have access to the site (obviously since I just posted) with the tab that was active...

½

½ a cup

Yeah, I was getting the DNS one like @icuurd12b42 but am getting the one I posted as well, if I try to go to the Marketplace.

Posh Indie

That Guy
He may not necessarily be implying he would use it for 2D. But from what I hear there is nothing bad about Unity's 2D, unless you happen to be talking to a biased GameMaker worshipper. Let's face It, GameMaker is a broken mess. They don't have enough staff to maintain It, and they are biting off way more platforms than they can realistically chew. Unity "just works", at least from what I've heard, and while this may or may not be true, I do know it is not something that I could say about GameMaker. I'm working for someone who has been pressuring me to make the full switch to Unity, because he finds it to be a professional software, and he considers GameMaker Studio a piece of trash. While I like GameMaker, I will say it really should be as stable as 8.1 was, only then I would consider it a professional software.
I own both, and I can say they both are good in their own way. Unity's 2D is perfectly fine when used by someone competent and now Unity has a Job System which is basically what I have been asking to have here for years.

My response to anyone complaining in here about Unity's 2D capabilities being "tacked on" is; "Tacked on 2D is better than a dedicated 2D IDE you cannot even log into."

The worst part of this whole ordeal is that GM:S 1.4 never had this level of issues except when the Humble Bundle situation happened. The unpredictable loss of productivity is astounding. The radio silence makes it more concerning.

Last edited:
A

appymedia

Whilst having no access to GM:S2 sucks I've personally used Unity enough to know it comes with a whole load of issues for anybody thinking its a lovely nirvana. All game engines do, nothing is perfect, there's just too many moving parts. I've have issues before with GM:S and contacted support who have been really helpful, go and try the same with Unity, come back and tell me what your experience is like.

We are spoiled nowadays folks. I remember coding my games on my Atari ST in assembly language, days to get a sprite on the screen, more days to 'pre shift' it because of the hardware and memory alignment etc etc. Fast forward to today and we have GM:S, what a time to be making games, sure, not perfect but I can't name another engine, framework or whatever that lets me get on with making games as fast as GM:S. The time lost here you will make up ten fold in productivity.

I'm also sure the YoYo guys are not just sitting there doing nothing to sort this. I think sometimes the lack of communication is because they are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't personally.

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
We are working as hard as possible to resolve this for those affected but unfortunately don't have a timescale right now, sorry. We might be looking into other temporary solutions that we will let you know about once we have more info. Thanks.

A

Amy

I own both, and I can say they both are good in their own way. Unity's 2D is perfectly fine when used by someone competent and now Unity has a Job System which is basically what I have been asking to have here for years.
My response to anyone complaining in here about Unity's 2D capabilities being "tacked on" is; "Tacked on 2D is better than a dedicated 2D IDE you cannot even log into."
The worst part of this whole ordeal is that GM:S 1.4 never had this level of issues except when the Humble Bundle situation happened. The unpredictable loss of productivity is astounding. The radio silence makes it more concerning.
It will take someone a lot longer to start from scratch and learn to use that "tacked on 2D" though, then it would be to wait for a fix from Yoyo. Unity is not the easiest thing to understand, especially in the beginning, and it will take months to become anywhere near "competent" with it. Not to say it isn't a capable engine. But if one is doing 2D work, GMS / GML is the easier and much more straightforward way to go.

Anyway, GMS has been working for me for a couple of days now, but hopefully those still having problems will get relief soon. rmanthorp has been keeping the forum updated, so there's been no "radio silence" as far as I've seen.

I

icuurd12b42

Now I'm blocked with a firewall warning... I could only get through with the vpn

upload_2018-6-7_6-38-26.png

Also I'm suspecting it is not entirely yoyo's fault here. feels like the internet broke last week somewhere. I have troubles with this online game I'm playing which has been plagued with similar intermittent flakiness.

Posh Indie

That Guy
It will take someone a lot longer to start from scratch and learn to use that "tacked on 2D" though, then it would be to wait for a fix from Yoyo. Unity is not the easiest thing to understand, especially in the beginning, and it will take months to become anywhere near "competent" with it. Not to say it isn't a capable engine. But if one is doing 2D work, GMS / GML is the easier and much more straightforward way to go.

Anyway, GMS has been working for me for a couple of days now, but hopefully those still having problems will get relief soon. rmanthorp has been keeping the forum updated, so there's been no "radio silence" as far as I've seen.
Again, if GMS2 unpredictably stops working all the time, then no, the extra time spent in Unity is much more acceptable since it still works, at least. If I did not already know both Unity and GMS2 I would rather spend time learning a tool than staring at network errors...

Unity is harder to use and takes longer to become competent with (I never claimed otherwise). It is more powerful and that brings with it more responsibility (I did claim this)

I am not against people using GMS2 (In fact, I am not against any tool that is used to get the job done as long as it can provide what is needed for your application). I am not biased in any way when I say both are good, but Unity is more powerful (This is just a fact. It is a more difficult, but more powerful, system). The uses for that power are a bit limited and for me the only reason I like using Unity more is because I am very strongly into Procedural Content Generation for which the Jobs System is a godsend in some cases.

Whilst having no access to GM:S2 sucks I've personally used Unity enough to know it comes with a whole load of issues for anybody thinking its a lovely nirvana. All game engines do, nothing is perfect, there's just too many moving parts. I've have issues before with GM:S and contacted support who have been really helpful, go and try the same with Unity, come back and tell me what your experience is like.

We are spoiled nowadays folks. I remember coding my games on my Atari ST in assembly language, days to get a sprite on the screen, more days to 'pre shift' it because of the hardware and memory alignment etc etc. Fast forward to today and we have GM:S, what a time to be making games, sure, not perfect but I can't name another engine, framework or whatever that lets me get on with making games as fast as GM:S. The time lost here you will make up ten fold in productivity.

I'm also sure the YoYo guys are not just sitting there doing nothing to sort this. I think sometimes the lack of communication is because they are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't personally.
I own both Unity Pro and GMS2 (All permanent exports). Both are lovely nirvanas... when they actually function. Only one is violating that requirement at this time. I have no issues with Unity support, by the way. I receive responses in less than an hour (I have not really used YoYoGames support, so I cannot personally claim anything there, admittedly).

Welcome to the future, where the Atari ST is irrelevant to the current topic. Just because they used punch cards back in the day does not mean we should expect that level of quality from modern software. I know assembly as well (x86 and MIPS) but I will never be so complacent as to expect others to stop being "spoiled" and accept archaic standards of the 80's.

We are working as hard as possible to resolve this for those affected but unfortunately don't have a timescale right now, sorry. We might be looking into other temporary solutions that we will let you know about once we have more info. Thanks.
This is what these situations need more of; Communication.

Last edited:
A

appymedia

@Posh Indie I do believe what happened in the past is relevant, the point I was trying to make was tools like GM:S are abstracting away things from how they used to be so we can make games a lot easier, but it comes at a cost and loss of control and blips like this that we can't resolve unfortunately. I too own all GM:S2 perm exports so I know its super frustrating not to be able to use them, lets be honest though, out of the last 6 months how much time have you not been able to use GMS:2? They put out a twitter update yesterday I believe acknowledging the issue. Unless its going to take weeks to sort having a running monologue potentially slows down the fix, I'm personally happy in the knowledge its been acknowledged and will be fixed ASAP, what else can they do? As I said they are dammed no-matter what they do.

A

Amy

Again, if GMS2 unpredictably stops working all the time
"All the time?" Even saying '10% of the time' would be a gross exaggeration.

...but Unity is more powerful (This is just a fact...
Yes, but if you're doing 2D games, which is what most in these forums are doing, why deal with the overhead? In any event, it would be nice to think that all Indies could take advantage of all of that power and make the next 'Book of the Dead'... but even saying that '10% of them could' would be a gross exaggeration. ;)

In fact, I am not against any tool that is used to get the job done as long as it can provide what is needed for your application
Adding this just to show that I realize that you have no problem with using whatever the job requires. And I'd agree.

Posh Indie

That Guy
"All the time?" Even saying '10% of the time' would be a gross exaggeration.

Yes, but if you're doing 2D games, which is what most in these forums are doing, why deal with the overhead? In any event, it would be nice to think that all Indies could take advantage of all of that power and make the next 'Book of the Dead'... but even saying that '10% of them could' would be a gross exaggeration. ;)

Adding this just to show that I realize that you have no problem with using whatever the job requires. And I'd agree.
Murphy's Law. What if you scored a release with Microsoft and they said you had to release yesterday?

Overhead trade off; Development time vs. Performance. Again, if this stuff happens during development, you are still wasting your time and sacrificing the benefit you are advocating. Let's be honest, though. Most people on these forums are hobbyists, not strictly 2D Developers (Not saying GMS2 is strictly a hobbyist tool, either).

Last edited:
E

EForslin

Yeah. I've only been able to get into Gamemaker and yoyogames.com through a VPN set to a UK location since that change was implemented.

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
If anyone is still having issues with any of our web services, if they could run the following commands and get back to us with the results in txt files we would appreciate it a lot. Thanks. (Feel free to PM the results etc.)

Code:
Commands:

Windows and Unix/Mac Users:

nslookup <hostname with problems>

nslookup -type=NS <hostname with problems>

nslookup <hostname with problems> 8.8.8.8

nslookup -type=NS <hostname with problems> 8.8.8.8

Additional for Mac and Unix users:

dig +trace <hostname with problems>

I

icuurd12b42

I removed Avast's 💩💩💩💩ty firewall.... via the add remove program... avast's remove program has a remove, repair and change settings options. Uncheck the firewall. it will revert to windows'

L

lohtangclan

Ugh.. I thought this problem was supposed to have been fixed already. Getting the white screen for 10-15 seconds, followed by an immediate crash, OR GMS2 loads up in offline mode (unable to recognise my internet connection) and THEN crashes!
Don't know why this problem hit me so much later than everyone else! I've logged a ticket, as the usual contact form is not working for me..hope YoYo can fix this once and for all.

P

pechhi

I haven't even been able to register to yoyogames.com to even USE my copy of GMS2

V

Vethrell

I can confirm that I still have this issue. I have no trouble accessing the accounts.yoyogames.com website, but when I start GMS2 I get "Unable to take user offline," "Local Machine ID mismatch" and "Unable to login - no network connection" errors.

Very disheartening to see that such a critical issue has been allowed to exist for over a month and a half now. Being suddenly, without warning, cut off from GMS2 and your work for months at a time is simply unacceptable.

V

Vethrell

So... here is my latest progress, for anyone who cares. By connecting my desktop to the internet through my phone and its wifi, I was finally able to login. For some reason, GMS2 will apparently no longer accept my regular connection, even though I had zero problems before the latest patch.

So now everything is fine, right? I log in using my phone, restore my normal connection and then use GMS2 in offline mode. An inconvenient and roundabout way of doing things, but it should let me work. Right?

Not quite.

Every few minutes, GMS2 will now regularly freeze for about 20 seconds. This happens regardless of which project is open. Here's the kicker... if I disconnect completely from the internet, the freezing stops. I can only assume that when I'm connected, the program is trying and failing to communicate with the yoyo server or something, which freezes it.

I'm just about ready to give up now. If I'd spent half the time I've put into getting GMS2 to work correctly on my game instead, I'd have made tremendous progress.

I

icuurd12b42

it's the firewall.

I had similar issues with avast firewall. with the same rules for home connection and public connection, nothing was working on home and intermittent on public... and in secure mode (vpn) everything passed through for a few hours, then nothing... up to the last avast update.

and there were no rules for any of the yoyo stuff...

I removed the avast firewall, I been fine with the windows firewall, though I did have to remove all the rules it had previously accumulated before it got replaced with avast

V

Vethrell

I use Avast Free Antivirus and it has no firewall. You need to upgrade Avast to get it. To be on the safe side, I deactivated Avast but the freezing continued.

R

Rukola

When trying to acces my account on the website it asks me to update my information. No matter what I try, I always get this error message and I can't acces anything on my account:

upload_2018-7-22_11-6-55.png

T

t0mt0m72

I can confirm that I still have this issue. I have no trouble accessing the accounts.yoyogames.com website, but when I start GMS2 I get "Unable to take user offline," "Local Machine ID mismatch" and "Unable to login - no network connection" errors.

Very disheartening to see that such a critical issue has been allowed to exist for over a month and a half now. Being suddenly, without warning, cut off from GMS2 and your work for months at a time is simply unacceptable.
I am still facing the same issue on and on on MacOS... Just want to give GM2 a try in favour of Unity, but this long lasting problem stops me from making the switch... Sad to see.
I have a working Internet connection, can access all mentioned pages via browsers, have switched to Google and/or OpenDNS and finally tried it via Phone-Connection and VPN. Still no success.
I hope, that YoYo can fix this issue soon. Maybe this information from the ui log is helpful:

[22:44:12:522(e863)] InternalCheckForInternetConnection :: Unable to reach site https://www.yoyogames.com
[22:44:12:522(e863)] InternalCheckForInternetConnection :: Unable to reach site https://marketplace.yoyogames.com
[22:44:12:523(e863)] InternalCheckForInternetConnection :: Unable to reach site https://accounts.yoyogames.com
[22:44:12:614(e863)] System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request ---> System.Net.WebException: Error: TrustFailure (CertificateUnknown) ---> Mono.Security.Interface.TlsException: CertificateUnknown

and after a bunch of multiple exceptions related to the upper issue, the next lines appear finally in the log:

[22:44:13:606(e863)] File exception 'Could not find file "/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/ide_feed.txt".'
[22:44:13:654(e863)] Current assembly revision is 2.1.4.295
[22:44:13:658(e863)] Update found - got 14 items
[22:44:13:658(e863)] Latest revision 2.1.4.295 found
[22:44:13:659(e863)] We do NOT need to update
[22:44:25:923(e863)] ShowInfoBox :: title="UserLogin_NoConnection", details=""
[22:44:28:858(e863)] ResourceManager resources have been cleared
[22:44:28:900(e863)] File exception 'Could not find a part of the path "/Applications/GameMaker Studio 2.app/Contents/MonoBundle/user_directory/runlog.enc".'
[22:44:28:900(e863)] Failed to write user_directory/runlog.enc : Could not find a part of the path "/Applications/GameMaker Studio 2.app/Contents/MonoBundle/user_directory/runlog.enc".

D

DivineAscendant

Ran into this problem today after installing Gamemaker Studio 2 (Trial Version). Encountered the connectivity problem and tried the DNS setting switch, but I was already apparently using Google DNS. Unable to resolve the problem, I ran the program as Administrator (Windows 7) and it worked. Based on this, I assume the program is utilizing some elevated functions in its network code. If you haven't tried running the program as an administrator, feel free to try doing so. It's not a permanent fix for YoYoGames pay walling their software or, for writing bad networking code, but it should fix the problem temporarily.

K12gamer

We are now seeing a lot less issues on our end. If you are still having problems please let me know.
After a month...I still can't get past the Log In Loop...

It asks me to Update my profile...

I do...and it accepts it...

Then right after...it still asks me to update my profile...

I do...then it gives me a Uuid has already been taken error

I was able to update my PUBLISHER Information...but not my Profile information...

Because of this I can't log into GMS 2...or even sent a ticket to the help desk

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
After a month...I still can't get past the Log In Loop...

It asks me to Update my profile...

I do...and it accepts it...

Then right after...it still asks me to update my profile...

I do...then it gives me a Uuid has already been taken error

I was able to update my PUBLISHER Information...but not my Profile information...

Because of this I can't log into GMS 2...or even sent a ticket to the help desk
Hey, first you need to not be blocking any scripts to be able to accept the terms as it comes up as a popup. For the UUID issue if you clear cache/cookies and try different browsers you should be able to correct your account and get out of the loop. Thanks and sorry for the troubles.

Z

Zanki

I'm not sure if I have the same issue as you guys. I can access and log into the yoyo games website no problem, but every single time I try and log into the program I get a;

Exception - The remote server returned an error: (502) bad gateway.

Is there a fix to this? I need to have access to my game. This is just getting stupid now. I'm in the UK, bought gms2 last year and switched to it from gms1 without issue.