• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Cannot import Spine files?

D

Dusk_Ealain

(I'm not sure what prefix to give this, if I chose the wrong one I'm sorry.)

Hello everyone, I'm working on a project and am using Spine to create the animations for it. However I can't seem to get any of the animations imported, there's no preview or little side import menu like what is seen in official guides. It just doesn't import at all. Does anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

The image sheet, .JSON and .atlas files are all in the same place, if that means anything.

rIKmAN

(I'm not sure what prefix to give this, if I chose the wrong one I'm sorry.)

Hello everyone, I'm working on a project and am using Spine to create the animations for it. However I can't seem to get any of the animations imported, there's no preview or little side import menu like what is seen in official guides. It just doesn't import at all. Does anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

The image sheet, .JSON and .atlas files are all in the same place, if that means anything.
Are you using the trial?
You can't import Spine sprites in the trial.

D

Dusk_Ealain

Are you using the trial?
You can't import Spine sprites in the trial.
No, I'm using Essentials edition.

Edit: I derped and just realized you may have meant GMS wise, I'm using the full version of GMS2 as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

rIKmAN

No, I'm using Essentials edition.

Edit: I derped and just realized you may have meant GMS wise, I'm using the full version of GMS2 as well.
Are you using the latest version of GMS2?
What version of Spine are you using? (v3.4.02 is recommended)

I'm using the latest version of GMS with Spine 3.4.02 and it works fine.

Does the console give any error messages?

D

Dusk_Ealain

Are you using the latest version of GMS2?
What version of Spine are you using? (v3.4.02 is recommended)

I'm using the latest version of GMS with Spine 3.4.02 and it works fine.

Does the console give any error messages?
No errors, I'm using the latest Spine and will update GMS then report back with the results.

rIKmAN

Updated GMS, still nothing.
Using the latest version of Spine could be your issue, although as long as you aren't using any unsupported features it should at least load or give an error message.

If you want to host the files (.json, .atlas, .png) I can test it here for you and see what's going on, but I'd say try not using the latest version of Spine first.

D

Dusk_Ealain

Using the latest version of Spine could be your issue, although as long as you aren't using any unsupported features it should at least load or give an error message.

If you want to host the files (.json, .atlas, .png) I can test it here for you and see what's going on, but I'd say try not using the latest version of Spine first.
Alright, how would I downgrade my version?

rIKmAN

Alright, how would I downgrade my version?
Open the Spine Menu
Choose Settings
Under "Version", click "Other"
Type "3.4.02"
Save / Restart Spine.

Note that you won't be able to load projects from newer versions of Spine into older versions as they aren't backwards compatible, so you may need to whip up a quick test project and export to test if it works.

D

Dusk_Ealain

Open the Spine Menu
Choose Settings
Under "Version", click "Other"
Type "3.4.02"
Save / Restart Spine.

Note that you won't be able to load projects from newer versions of Spine into older versions as they aren't backwards compatible, so you may need to whip up a quick test project and export to test if it works.
Alright, thank you.