Castlevania Fan Game

Morendral

You could use your own counter as an alarm. in the create event you would make counter_1 = 0, in the step event make counter_1 ++ and then a check that if counter_1 = desired amount of frames { do actions}.

its kinda the opposite of an alarm in the sense it counts up not down but the same principle
Or conversly you can make that variable set to a higher number and do counter_1-- each step and do an action when it reaches -1 exactly like a real timer

NimNom1234

You could use your own counter as an alarm. in the create event you would make counter_1 = 0, in the step event make counter_1 ++ and then a check that if counter_1 = desired amount of frames { do actions}.

its kinda the opposite of an alarm in the sense it counts up not down but the same principle
Thanks!

NimNom1234

I know that no one is likely watching this thread anymore, but I just want to say that you guys were all right that I wouldn't regret my decision of stopping development of this game. It hasn't been long, but I can already tell the vast improvement in my skills with game maker. It took me 7 weeks to make that buggy, unpolished mess but now its taking me around 2 weeks to make demos far more polished and functional. I love all of this community, thank you :)