• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Stuttering View when player moves

T

tamation

Hey everyone, I have a problem with the views following my player object in my game.

My player's base move speed is 1, but there's a friction variable that adds .1 to a speed of 0 until the player is moving at a speed of 1.

The problem with this is that whenever my player is moving at a speed from .1 to .9, the view will shutter and shake while moving and won't become smooth again until the player reaches a round number of speed.

I'd still like to keep this friction effect in my game with the view following my player, is there any way of doing this?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
What are the view, window and appsurface settings? It sounds like you are using a low-res view, in which case you may want to increase the size of the application surface so you get sub-pixel movement.

T

tamation

What are the view, window and appsurface settings? It sounds like you are using a low-res view, in which case you may want to increase the size of the application surface so you get sub-pixel movement.
The view size is 128x72, it's a very retro style pix-elated game so most of the sprites are 8x8 or 16x16.
The application surface is 1280x720 so the sprites can be visible on most monitors.