• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker Any experience with capes/cloaks?

G

Gronbal

I have wanted to create a cape/cloak that would be anchored to my character, and move with physics, as the character moves. My game already uses physics, but I can't seem to find any tutorial regarding creating a cloak in game maker. My question is if any of you guys have any experience with creating such a thing? If so, please leave a comment.

Best regards Gronbal.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Capes are usually implemented using verlet physics. There are a few existing examples for GM like this one.

It is likely possible to implement them via physics as a flexible joint structure, but I don't imagine that being overly worthwhile.

G

Gronbal

Capes are usually implemented using verlet physics. There are a few existing examples for GM like this one.

It is likely possible to implement them via physics as a flexible joint structure, but I don't imagine that being overly worthwhile.
Thanks! I will look into this! Do you have any experience filling the gap between the vertexes with color, to create a cape like structure?

Last edited by a moderator: