What are you working on?

T

tserek

Captain Fizz port/remake for Win32, one of my childhood favourites which in my opinion deserve remake. Started the project around two years ago and left it there almost finished. Fews weeks ago i found myself testing it for fun and found many things i could fix on, and more important to finish the project. New in this version is smooth scrolling views, full customizable graphics and sounds, and a room editor to build your own levels.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Greys0n

Right now I am working on one project

L

Lt. Farfetch'd

The game jam at the moment.
Finally getting back into games dev though after a while at uni doing straight software dev and computer science. :)

Carnivius

Captain Fizz port/remake for Win32, one of my childhood favourites which in my opinion deserve remake. Started the project around two years ago and left it there almost finished. Fews weeks ago i found myself testing it for fun and found many things i could fix on, and more important to finish the project. New in this version is smooth scrolling views, full customizable graphics and sounds, and a room editor to build your own levels.
Neat! The Amstrad CPC version was released back in June after having been made in 1989 but never officially released so it's only recently I've been introduced to it and it's a cool game. :)

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Guys... We already have a complete subforum for works in progress... Do we need a topic in Off-Topic for it?
Normally, I'd agree... but this topic is basically only a thread of screenshots and has been here for some time... I think it's okay to keep it, as long as it's only screenshots and not duplicating the WIP forum.

Kepons

Lost The Bet
Normally, I'd agree... but this topic is basically only a thread of screenshots and has been here for some time... I think it's okay to keep it, as long as it's only screenshots and not duplicating the WIP forum.
Also, past examples suggest that this thread isn't only for games because you might be working on other things as well.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Here's a fun effect I've seen on websites before. Never tried to make one myself until now. Surprised how easy it is with GM Studio 2.

Try my HTML5 demo.

Not sure what this is good for. But it's fun to play with. Any ideas for gameplay are welcome.

Z

zendraw

Here's a fun effect I've seen on websites before. Never tried to make one myself until now. Surprised how easy it is with GM Studio 2.

Try my HTML5 demo.

Not sure what this is good for. But it's fun to play with. Any ideas for gameplay are welcome.
heres an idea for a game, "Shoot the text"

I

IngoLingo

Just imagine Pokemon mixed with Super Smash Bros and Street Fighter, with a pinch of Undertale.
Been working on this game for about 6 months now and I have rounded out most of the foundation programming and details.

Overworld

Battles

Starters

K

Kobold

I feel like reinventing the wheel, guys.

It's not the MetalVikingDentist's Model Format. It's a home-brew frame-file algorithm... Quite awkward but at least I know what exactly goes down.
I apologize for the characters looking a little stripped (don't worry, there is no details that would require a spoiler , haha)... they usually have clothing objects which are entirely generated in Blender and therefore not actual mesh object which I could have included.
The map-editor is basic. It just creates a grid and dumps the memory as binary ( file) on the hard-disk which then can be loaded just the way you left off (not to be confused with a save-file), no magic involved.

Last edited:
G

Greys0n

Since I moved to Melbourne I am looking for a job now.

A

Axyl

I'm currently working on porting DX11 to assembly language.

I am at the stage where I am rendering a model to the screen at 7000 FPS. Whole application (shaders and all) is 5600 bytes in total.

G

Greys0n

I am working on improving my online store. Trying to implement new extension, magento 2 bing shopping. I started my online business about 3 years ago. It was hard but at last I see positive results and revenues. I hope to succeed.

F

Frolacosta

Currently working on this. It randomly generates islands, and the player is able to click on one of the surrounding areas to generate a new island there in real-time.

The island generation mechanic (and placeholder art) were inspired by Forager. However, now I am away from being an exploration game, and more towards a puzzle adventure game, where instead of buying new land it gets discovered through some sort of Fog of War.

So far I have programmed it to be completely flexible and scalable. So any size island can be generated, any amount of them can be generated, and they all get automatically tiled from a 48-tile tileset. It also has a working inventory system which I expected to be much harder to implement than the automatic-tiling, however it turned out to be the easiest part of the whol eproject so far.

W

Wraithious

Thinking up strategic and interesting ways to implement ads in my upcoming game, what I want to do is have a back room in my shops that let the player watch ads and get game money in return, Maybe if you try and buy some things in the shop but don't have enough money the shop keep will tell you he's been making ads for his business and if you help him review them he'll pay you for it, Just trying to decide how much gold to get for watching ads and if it should be different for different shops and player level.

This is my new ad room
adrm.png

D

Deleted member 13992

1. Coming to realization that I can't design/implement deep gameplay mechanics.

2. Fine-tweaking my rendering functions so I can get started on an exploration platformer instead. More emphasis on narrative/exploration/visual, than on mechanics.

T

Timze

Currently looking into arrays and sifting through the 99% inventory tutorials to try and locate the 1% enemy or player tutorials && how to replace if statements with arrays / loops.

A

Agreeable

1. Coming to realization that I can't design/implement deep gameplay mechanics.

2. Fine-tweaking my rendering functions so I can get started on an exploration platformer instead. More emphasis on narrative/exploration/visual, than on mechanics.

Mesmerising! I keep watching this over and over.

T

Timze

Fodder enemy #...

Head only won't share full art publicly until project is ready for release :eek:

W

Wraithious

Ive been busy updating all my android apps to comply with google play's "must target os version 26" rules, if they're not updated by august we can't submit updates to them after that. Also updated gms to the latest version so I could update my games and apps sucessfully, 18 more to go + I'm polishing/changeing and adding stuff to many of them. Unfortunatly this means development on The Manna well is sporadic and wont be released for alot longer than I had hoped.

T

Timze

For the sake of historical record, I made you this:

*om nom nom
Ty :p
That thing was loaded with fat it's all gone to my butt!

// working on something NSFW but made a SFW version with body parts removed && black bar for thread.
Probably the most important fun thing one would learn in animation. Jiggle!
(Gif format messes up timing, and quickly downsized lose of quality. Cutting out some body parts also screwed with the positioning, looks much better in ani software, but still got some tweaking to do aftyer some sleep)

Mert

Word-based application. Guess a word with the letter given to you.
Start with A
Adore (Ends with E)
Endeavor (Ends with R)
Rear...

I'm an intern teacher at a state high school, so this would be a fun game for my students :)