Alpha My Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ethian

Update: Screenshots are here after various adverts of obligatory screenshots, see below.

Howdey!

So i got so inspired to tell to people, and i'm doing it right now.

It's my game, it's in pre alpha state and i like to make concept arts, but i'm currently making it enter to beta state by programming the engine resources using Game Maker Studio 1.4...

My game's about two children who have a great adventure, simple, it's about jumping platform to platform and shooting bad guys to take their contracts, also, seek out and collect crazy effects, exploring weird, crazy words and living events. Also, is totally old-school styled, it's classical videogame style of gameplay, and even its look, that it's the one from classic cartoons.

That's the idea of my game, also, i just came here for bugfix (and show to people my game idea, too... oops!) while my engine resource .gmx is WIP... well, NPCs move randomly, even walking backwards... i decided to not fix it for one time because i consider the world of my games is strange... but... decent people even also walk backwards on that other strange world is too weird, right?
Also, after talk, NPC's don't move anymore unless room is reset, and there's something wrong on the room warping, those ones are the ones i always planned to fix, the complete place for the bugfix will be soon, when i have time to work for the engine resources again...
Well, continuing with my game...

Bad guys include even plague doctors that know Kung Fu! also, swordsmen with Banana Split, both know the same! Kung Fu! The others include... one skeleton has bad clothing and is at a street carnival and has fun, even to stomp, someone green that dances and there's challenge to their dance, but they're inky pinky, and much more in the future...

Well, there's also be missions, but fun enough, also, making the game be mostly focused on boss battles...

And here's some concept drawings of the game drawn my me that show how the game will be with what's said bellow, done by massive request.

(Drag them to new tab to bigger size)

Last edited:
@ethian It's a requirement of the Work In Progress section to post at least one screen shot or video of your WIP:

Please don't post threads for projects without at least one screenshot, as this board is not intended for concept or design discussion.
Plus most if not all people love to see the work in progress!

Recommend you post one soon, or the mods might ask you to move this thread to the Game Design section.

Joe Ellis

You must have one picture to do with the game, post it!

Sounds good anyway, the only weird thing I had was in the middle of the description you were asking for advice, I'd post this in another thread.

I am intrigued about this game though and would like to see some pictures of it!

have you got an artist or are doing it yourself?

E

ethian

@ethian It's a requirement of the Work In Progress section to post at least one screen shot or video of your WIP:

Plus most if not all people love to see the work in progress!

Recommend you post one soon, or the mods might ask you to move this thread to the Game Design section.
Read this forum section rules. Its pretty clear.
You must have one picture to do with the game, post it!

Sounds good anyway, the only weird thing I had was in the middle of the description you were asking for advice, I'd post this in another thread.

I am intrigued about this game though and would like to see some pictures of it!

have you got an artist or are doing it yourself?
Doing everything by myself...

What about concept art while the game is still on pre alpha?
They show how will be the parts of the game, too, also, how i hand draw.

Sorry, i can't upload the images now, i'm outside computer for now and i can't use it every day but weekends, meanwhile i use my phone instead...

HighlandCoo

Hey Ethian, your idea sounds great! Though I think you misunderstood the requirement for screenshots, it needs to be pictures of the game running. Not a drawing or concept art.

You should go now and learn/make the game, then come back when you have some screenshots from the game to show.

if I can give you one hint? Try making a few classic games like Pong or breakaway (its easier to make a copy of a game as you dont have to invent everything yourself) which will let you learn programming skills you need to make YOUR game.

Good luck! Hopefully we will see you back here when you have more to show.

Last edited:
E

ethian

Though I think you misunderstood the requirement for screenshots, it needs to be pictures of the game running. Not a drawing or concept art.
No, i didn't misunderstood, i just didn't the game already, and i needed to show concept drawings instead to show people how my game will be.

But i'm still working on the engine resources for my games meanwhile, i just came here for bugfix... and show my game's idea to the people of here... (Oops!)

Also, i can't wait to see how the game will turn out, especially its visuals, an old school cartoon featuring adventures with kids like fighting with a kung fu plague doctor making him good defeating him in fight...

Also, seeking out and collecting effects at weird places... events... running and gunning with the effects... turning baddies good with them... collect contracts... (For some reason... for you it seems familiar?)

I imagine the final result of the visuals of my game and how amazing will look, and i just need to make the most notable part of game reality, as people insist on screenshots of the final game's result, and for have fun with the final result of the levels...!

Do you wanted to show to you, screenshots of what i'm working on? (The thing of the top, i reffer to)
If you are still only building the engine, then you are not really at the Alpha stage. That is what seems to be confusing for everyone is that you have said you are at Alpha, and we're asking for screenshots because Alpha is typically this:
"Alpha is the stage when key gameplay functionality is implemented, and assets are partially finished. A game in alpha is feature complete, that is, game is playable and contains all the major features."

pixeltroid

"Alpha is the stage when key gameplay functionality is implemented, and assets are partially finished. A game in alpha is feature complete, that is, game is playable and contains all the major features."
What if a game in alpha is playable and contains all major features, but is also suffering from bugs and glitches that if encountered makes the game unplayable? And causes player to exit and restart the game?

Bugs
What if a game in alpha is playable and contains all major features, but is also suffering from bugs and glitches that if encountered makes the game unplayable? And causes player to exit and restart the game?
Bugs can be present in any of the stages, but if the game is totally unplayable, you are probably in what could be called as pre-alpha or even pre-playable...so perhaps could just say the game is "in production"

pixeltroid

Bugs

Bugs can be present in any of the stages, but if the game is totally unplayable, you are probably in what could be called as pre-alpha or even pre-playable...so perhaps could just say the game is "in production"

I was talking about a game that is actually playable with all intended features, but sometimes, bugs or graphical glitches show up under specific conditions?

I was talking about a game that is actually playable with all intended features, but sometimes, bugs or graphical glitches show up under specific conditions?
That's still Alpha or maybe pre-alpha but there's no set in stone rules about it.

However let's not derail this thread too much. :)

That would still be Alpha, or even pre-Alpha. Because is it is not playable, and Alpha is classed as something playable. If it is just an occasional bug that crashes or breaks the game every now and the, then it would still be Alpha.
Just because it is Alpha and playable does not mean that it is going to be available to anyone other than the developer to play, so the fact there are bugs shouldn't matter at all (unless you are giving out a demo of it)

E

ethian

Working compulsorily on my games this long weekend.

Good news for those who insist on screenshots of the final look of the game.

I've drawn and inked the assets earlier for some reason, and i'm animated them, etc... i can't wait to see how will look in game! (For some reason...)

E

ethian

If showing your work is so traumatizing, you're allowed to stop.
I won't stop, just because i like make my imagination's idea reality, and end it at the future that i feel so good about it...

Just in case, i'm currently working for the final, hand drawn and inked assets for the game first for some reason...

G

Guest User

huh. are you related to the user 'William Saez', by any chance? o_O

you wouldn't necessarily be the first person to start art-first. it's just not standard and can lead to complications later on. either way, good luck. whatever you choose to start with, keep at it and i hope you will complete your game someday.

E: accidentally added @ on impulse. :p

lol, this feels like it *has* to be William Saez to me. Or his little brother. This crazy thread is way too familiar for it not to be.

He even called William's characters his "awesome martial art characters" I'm pretty sure William is the only person who's ever said that phrase before now, hahah.

Edit: Asked him if he was William. His answer:
No, but i was so obsessed with him... i even got used to talk like him!

I liked his good speech so much...

Also, his martial art characters that talk even better than him...!
This has got to be William 💩💩💩💩ing around, right? X'D

E

ethian

lol, this feels like it *has* to be William Saez to me. Or his little brother. This crazy thread is way too familiar for it not to be.
If Williams' little brother that is 5 years old and watchs Nat Geo Kids he told me was here, there will be a lot of senseless things and other kind of unacceptable kid-made trash here...

At least what Williams write has sense, he's worried about that...

This has got to be William ****ing around, right? X'D
"****" -> Let's stop talking about this, i don't want to be obligated to use other factory to build my creations with lack of help... unless...

|
V

I just came here for bugfix more than show my game's idea, accept it!

G

Guest User

birds of a feather, flock together--perhaps. one probably heard about gamemaker from the other.

- - -

anyway, i just wanted to know because i wasn't sure if this was the same game that william had shown us earlier. i think it'll be interesting to see the digitized versions of these sketches. will the digitized graphics be the same artistic style as your concept art or are you going in a different direction?

E

ethian

will the digitized graphics be the same artistic style as your concept art or are you going in a different direction?
Sorry, i was so obsessed with him, i learned to draw and animate exactly like him thanks to him...

I drawn badly before, but Williams changed my life...

on the other hand...

"****" -> Let's stop talking about this, i don't want to be obligated to use other factory to build my creations with lack of help... unless...
I debated to use the other game engine to use instead...

It's more easier to use with... it hasn't a perfect fullscreen mode for the exported apps, but it doesn't really matter, also, the pause at commas and dots in increasing dialouge text...
and the fact i need to learn how to make more things on this engine.. willn't

be so difficult compared with the GM:S one, but i hope i will not restart making my engine resources again this time...
with this...
Ok ok ok... i will confess everything...
(Plays beautiful confession music that feels me memories... i will compose it soon...)

I'm actually Williams Sáez...
The one who is banned for use a pirated version of GM:S (1.4 1567 WWF... something else...)
I know i violated many rules here, i even got banned, i can't believe... but i'm not bad at all... i never swear, i never see p***, i don't hurt nobody with many blood out... i even don't play GTA and i didn't became sadist because of it or something else, and i didn't drink and smoke... i fear and hate vulgarity in the style of how Pralene from Jamie's got Tentacles fears and hates the alien on her house, and that's why all my creations are all family friendly.
I just came here because i had a new game idea besides the shamefully presented Undertale-like game (Actually Ripoff) i presented before... (renember?)
This game is actually a combination between Cuphead and Yume Nikki, those games i wanted to make people here mention before when i published this post for first time, just because i renember something else ocurred before and i really laughed out loud.
I decided to make that combination because i decided to make something more "original", compared with the other ripoff but it's also considered a mixture between Undertale and Mario series anyways.
The mixture part is the part i wanted you to express with my brand new game idea, it's what you said before and what i made me laugh out loud...
I'm actually talking about this previous thread i started before and the mixture part is present later:
https://bit.ly/2jh0fqC
Also, i decided to change to the other game engine because...
In mid-march, in an ordinary fun time, i found unexpecedly this:
This class of hooded terotactil skeleton i've seen before when i was trying the other game engine, following an tutorial...
I though i was a certain warlock at the time i saw him before, until i saw the video, and i was something that makes me go nuts...
He's a doctor, and googling him later... with his name... more me went nuts...! His look of his original photo, the fan arts...
Also, he's from something scary, and... i renember the same ocurred before, but with Freddy Krueger instead...

Nowadays, sometimes when i'm resting, i get relaxed with this silent video that, seems boring, but has disturbing themes if you check what they say...
Features the black hooded beaked white man! he's a monster, but he confesses everything, even he actually knows his next victims fear him, demostrating he's not a monster anymore... also, his voice is kinda inaccurate to what fans know with a videogame based off the foundation the hooded beak man is at, but what seems to be errors present on the video doesn't really matter, thinking goodly, the voice, especially, fits perfectly to what the hooded beak monster man looks, also , more his elocuent speech than his voice make the monster be more kinda charming for me (also with the fact he knows everyone fears him being a monster, also, talking about how he talks... he also laughs at jokes... it also makes me smile and even think he's not a merciless monster nowadays at all (Yes, not monster enough to make Pralene fear and hate him like she fears and hates Jamie (Laughs because of the fact of Pralene calling Jamie a monster, and that's because i wanted to tell it too.))) and the ambience is silent enough to get calm Here's that video:
Charming to me, enough for give him a bear hug (Same i feel with Ernesto from Zafari, the half armadillo, half ladybug, he's literally really charming, so much, i also go nuts with him, and i run to hug him, give him a bear hug), but he can't be touched, touching him is the dangerous part...
This is what i feel, went nuts because of him...
Also, talking about went nuts... as i got nuts with him, i also imagine him, like the others i got nuts by, doing martial arts.
Feeling how he does those Ninja attacks, etc, makes me make a party!
But... enjoing at the rythm of this fun circus theme!
I hear and enjoy dancing happily at the rythm of this fun tune each time i think about the SCP foundation (The foudation the hooded beak man he's on, he is SCP-049! (What a memorable code! yay!)) and i always celebrate his existence and he if he knew martial arts, also, with the circus tone of this fun song, i always imagine SCP-049 making ninja moves and giving at the style of ninja, candy to the mouths of the kids, on a asumnent park's games tent! delicious! Also, this year i got entered of the existence of plague doctors thanks to SCP Foundation, etc...

Well, also with the game mentioned before, and the part of the tutorial, he appeared in the tutorial video as the custom theme of the program, something else... also the game shown at the top before is make with that engine, and.... and... and...
I would like to hear every time that fun circus theme at front of SCP-049 as the custom theme of the copy of that other game maker program... eating delicious desserts and candy... fun!

Also, i never had a small brother... i'm myself who watchs Nat Geo Kids, also, imaginating i was a minor brother, and he watchs it instead, but he always likes hide and seek, and be the best on hiding... etcetera...
This channel is the only thing i can get enjoyed on TV with, just because, as i fear and hate vulgarity, the rest of what th TV of my country shows is just pure vulgar trash, "(****)" and "(****)" are uncensored on every time a day besides the night... at front of the kids... Disgraceful!

Also, ethian is part of the name of my dear baby cousin, Gael Ethian, that also watchs Nat Geo Kids and by dear grandma takes care of him... also, my dear grandma Zunilda and my dear aunt Brijida, fear and hate vulgarity... We form a great trio!

Sorry for all this... but... it was fun to tell to people anyways... especially the SCP-related part!
Why you just let this long confession as a subject of gossip? (Laughs)

Now let me use the other engine... i said is more easier to build games with... that seems to me...
Also, i don't need bugfixing help anymore at all, it's better to leave things i make as they turned out no matter how weird they are, i just need to considerer the world of my games are strange and ya.
and it's cooler to just use what is available to me for now... no matter how unsatisfactory seems to me, i just have to enjoy the sentimentality of the final product as it's something new, and does not plagiarize anything after all.
It must be similar to what i enjoyed before, but not plagiarized to its inspiration.
And have a new sentimentality for me!
It will happen to me with my next musical themes...
and now, it's the turn of the engine resources...
Thank You!

Good bye!

E

ethian

Oh! i forgot to confess...

i'm actually obsessed with SCP 049, just because he makes me go nuts, with his appearanc, his black robes, his elocuent speech, hsi touch... Same goes with everyone i went nuts because of...

Also, i forgot to tell i also found this other man in early april, he also made me go nuts... sort of...

E

ethian

This thread still has a better love story than twilight
I know it's a long story i got to tell... i was fun to write it anyways...

Also, i decided to make my games multiplataform instead of just PC, so i decided to make my games in another game engine, exporting to HTML5...

Also, SCP 049, just because i go nuts with him... will be always on the music software i use instead...

And i forget to confirm...
As it's inspired by Yume Nikki, it's more inspired on Yume 2kki (Awesome huge fangame, one of the best freeware games i've played), .Flow and Yume Nikki: Dream Diary mainly.
However, other game of mine has a part with inspiration of original Yume Nikki.

As i said before, i guess i don't need help anymore... as of the uncensored swears...
But i have tutorials at least to start instead!
On the most familiar...
Well, Good bye.

Bentley

Update: Screenshots are here after various adverts of obligatory screenshots, see below.

Howdey!

So i got so inspired to tell to people, and i'm doing it right now.

It's my game, it's in pre alpha state and i like to make concept arts, but i'm currently making it enter to beta state by programming the engine resources using Game Maker Studio 1.4...

My game's about two children who have a great adventure, simple, it's about jumping platform to platform and shooting bad guys to take their contracts, also, seek out and collect crazy effects, exploring weird, crazy words and living events. Also, is totally old-school styled, it's classical videogame style of gameplay, and even its look, that it's the one from classic cartoons.

That's the idea of my game, also, i just came here for bugfix (and show to people my game idea, too... oops!) while my engine resource .gmx is WIP... well, NPCs move randomly, even walking backwards... i decided to not fix it for one time because i consider the world of my games is strange... but... decent people even also walk backwards on that other strange world is too weird, right?
Also, after talk, NPC's don't move anymore unless room is reset, and there's something wrong on the room warping, those ones are the ones i always planned to fix, the complete place for the bugfix will be soon, when i have time to work for the engine resources again...
Well, continuing with my game...

Bad guys include even plague doctors that know Kung Fu! also, swordsmen with Banana Split, both know the same! Kung Fu! The others include... one skeleton has bad clothing and is at a street carnival and has fun, even to stomp, someone green that dances and there's challenge to their dance, but they're inky pinky, and much more in the future...

Well, there's also be missions, but fun enough, also, making the game be mostly focused on boss battles...

And here's some concept drawings of the game drawn my me that show how the game will be with what's said bellow, done by massive request.

(Drag them to new tab to bigger size)
Love the art. Very creative and it looks fun.

Joe Ellis

Your drawings are amazing, looks like you really know what you wanna do in your head, just gotta translate it

Toque

That was confusing and a little crazy.
I’m guessing Ethan is more artist than coder.

Good luck with it

Joe Ellis

That was confusing and a little crazy.

Good luck with it
What, what I said? I dunno, I just meant he's gotta make the drawings good in the game and do them justice, was a little vague I guess, I meant translating the drawings to digital form

E

ethian

Love the art. Very creative and it looks fun.
Your drawings are amazing, looks like you really know what you wanna do in your head, just gotta translate it
And my family also says i have talent at drawing and nobody teached me too, they told... i actually have Asperger...

Well, that was a great fun moment, but this must be go over, it's time to get serious, because this week i did and plan something very big for my games...
I decided to make this one first then my other Under-like one, as it's based on my past, inspired on my past... (Basado en el Pasado, i like it with rythm on my language!)
The my-past-inspired games are harder to make.
The other ones are free-to-make! (Celebrates because of this)
Anyways, don't ban me... i'm testing to make the engine resources on another game maker i ever used... but... i can return to the other one because... i don't know, but what i use for make my game's resources for now have in common, their project file thing, they have one single project file to easily save in my cloud, but GM:S exports proyect folder instead...
GM:S is the application maker i got used to make my games...
But i can go to GMS 2 for better... things...
I also tested it...
Well, but no matter the time, i'm still on studiying time and my obsession with my things are causing problems to me at highschool, but, as thinking about the next years where nothing bad will ocurr as i though before, it makes feel good nowadays instead... i even calculated and picked up the year where i will go to work and exiting the college, 2027, where i will get happy, being free to work on new publishable fun things of mine, and no matter the times, i will publish the games after absolutely finishing them, well, revison, but... i would like to publish my games on inside summer vacation of each year (Especially a few days after the last day of school)... i don't know... but it's cool for me for some reason...

Also, i just go to publish the games for just Windows and Android for free on my blog as i always prometed... they're the most popular OS of my country, also, games can be released on december of each year as i said and i forgot to say it's the summer vacation of my country.

Well, bye...

--------O-------

Ah, and i need to tell... I've drawn a sketch of SCP 049 doing a kung fu pose on my art class sketchbook at last art class for some reason...
I was going to show it here, but i couldn't because i'm banned on... ...

And... for close...

Hell yeah, Chakan the Forever man. That is all
Mmm...!

E

ethian

New news!

I started to work in the game since past afternoon!

For the reason of "i will make free to make games for me first than my past-inspired ones"

But with the 3 past-inspired ones, i will work on them after finishing the 3 free to make ones as they are more fun to make for me than easier to me, as it have inspiration of what i'm enjoying crazily nowadays...

And the past-inspired ones will be more difficult to make for me... more professional code...

No thanks, it's for avoid plagiarizing their inspired popular stuff...

Also, one of them has TAWOG inspiration...

Well, i started to make the animations first than engine resources...

For some reason, i think to release a demo for Latin America sending a llamative e-mail to German Garmelia first, inviting him to play the demo of my game...

And everyone at school will go nuts with me! Ha ha ha...

But...

E

ethian

...I decided since a couple of months to, modify my ideas to be enough to avoid plagiarizing, also the worst, copyright issues (Avoid use instruments of other videogames like how Undertale did, for example)
But it's more plagiarize avoiding on this subject.
Talking about this, make gamers get surprised with my game with the fact of "SCP-049 now it's master on kung fu!" as they call it, was just child's play, in conclusion.

Also, talking about horror, for some reason, as i don't like them as how bad they are, i make them less scary by... making superheroes defeat horror monsters/serial killers and save the victims from them, well, also occurs with the fact i call horror movies "Where villians always win, because they just get their evil goal by killing their victims and nothing else happens".
Also, especially when there's horror monsters that makes me go nuts (Freddy Krueger and SCP-049, for example), i make them crazy, but weird, making the monsters do kung fu in my imagination, and probably on tv.

Oops! It's just because i always loved cartoons than probably everything else since my childhood, and everything thanks to my grandma by showing those dvds when i was 4 or less.

E

ethian

This is the most "stream of consciousness" thread I've seen in a while
(I feel like i don't know what is this, but i don't want to show to people...)

Renember my Undertale-like game?

That poorly presented one from before?

There's new updates about it.

Thanks to the rule of "Avoid plagiarizing", i'll change the main story for make people don't think the game is a Under ripoff, in any, any way...

So i need to re write the story, but it isn't not bad and is fun to me too at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.