• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

OFFICIAL GMS2 Version 2.1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

piranha305

I'm getting an issue where the room of my project would disappear even though the room file was still In the folder, when I tried to compile it would fail saying it could not find room... I also received several crashes which I reported with the logs but now everytime I open game maker it asks for me to log in and none of the preferences I set are saved, I have had to setup the android path and source control options every single time. Has any one else experienced something like this?

Am I going crazy or does SHIFT+TAB no longer remove a tab space when your cursor is on the far left of the line? You have to go a character away from the left edge to do it now...I'd swear you used to be able to just hit SHIFT+TAB along the edge lol I use it a ton for aligning code. Did people complain about being able to do that? lol

M

Mauricio

With 2.1.4 the game ins´t compilling! Got a message in the output tab: Attempting to set gamepadcount to 12, and the game doesn´t show up (using windows 10).
With 2.1.3 it works...

K

kinfox

Physics collision doesn't work correctly in my project.,too

but, If i make a new project,the physics can work normal…………

T

theirTalent

Hello, I'd like to reflect a BUG about physical collision event. It appears in Runtime v2.1.4.200, AND IT STILL APPEARS IN RUNTIME V2.1.4.202. Two physical objects can not collision in physical room. @kinfox said that physics can work in new project, because this BUG needs a trigger condition. The condition is "There is at least 1 non-physical object in resource tree (It doesn't even need be loaded to the room) ".

Sorry for my bad English.

https://pan.baidu.com/s/1h4O8a0eyXlI6ThYdqCgxEw
Password:jp8i

This is a demo about BUG. Collision doesn't work in Runtime v2.1.4.200 or Runtime v2.1.4.202.

BUT if you tick "Uses Physics" of obj_C, or delete obj_C, the collision can work! However the collision is of no concern to obj_C! However the obj_C is non-existent in the room!

Everything is OK in Runtime v2.1.3.189.

(Edited by moderator to fix typo error.)

Last edited by a moderator:
T

theirTalent

↑ Correct a mistake: Tick "Uses Physics" of obj_C, NOT untick "Uses Physics" of obj_C

Am I going crazy or does SHIFT+TAB no longer remove a tab space when your cursor is on the far left of the line? You have to go a character away from the left edge to do it now...I'd swear you used to be able to just hit SHIFT+TAB along the edge lol I use it a ton for aligning code. Did people complain about being able to do that? lol
I hadn't noticed this before, but maybe that's because most of the time I'm selecting multiple lines when I do SHIFT + TAB.

I get the same thing if the cursor is on the far left, SHIFT + TAB doesn't work, UNLESS I highlight one or more lines, then it does work.

Have you filed a bug for this yet?

Pfap

I noticed that when I duplicate an object in the resource tree every once in a while the duplicate will be missing all your code from an event.

I just check to see if everything was duplicated correctly and if not then I delete and re-duplicate and it seems to work. Not really sure if there's any consistency to it...

Hyomoto

Well, crap. I did find something that isn't working correctly. Objects are not inheriting Variable Definitions from their parents properly any more. I already reported one bug with booleans but it looks like you guys may have borked something here, and I'm not sure if it's related to:
Instances now correctly inherit Object Variables from parent instance
Make an object, give it Variable Definitions. Make another object and give it the first object as a parent. Override a variable definition. Place the new object in the room editor: it will inherit it's defaults from the parent, not from itself. Again, I'm not sure if this was intended given the line above, but that wouldn't make any sense if it is, since it would defeat the whole purpose of having inheritance in the first place. I also filed a bug. But it's here too.

UPDATE: It appears it may only be a visual discrepancy, it still seems to inherit the proper value even though the room editor doesn't display it. This would explain why everything in my project didn't break given the implications.

Last edited:

clee2005

My collision detection seems to be offset now with 2.1.4.202 . I use collision_rectangle() and place_meeting() (not physics at all) and collisions are offset by 60px or so. All the masks are rectangle (fast) still ... something changed, as this is showing in iOS builds and Windows.

If I switch back to 2.1.3.189 runtime, then everything is back to working as expected.

Letter tiles & obstacle tiles have the same parent and the worm uses place_meeting to detect stuff under him. For some reason with 2.1.4.202 he falls into the obstacle now. The collision mask is automatic rectangle and seems ok in the sprite editor.

Attachments

Last edited:
I

icynotes

In both 2.1.4.200 and 2.1.4.202, audio_sync_group_get_track_pos() will sometimes return a position in a subsequent frame that is less than the precedent frame. I've confirmed several times over that when switching to 2.1.3.189, this doesn't occur. I've also isolated this to the GM runtime version difference in builds created with those runtimes.

From my console:
[321] objSoundManager: play_secs went BACKWARDS from 5.46 to 5.37

Side note: My game project is such that image_index is set for some sprites based on the track position, and this shows up in game as twitching of the sprites (it's been stable in all previous GM versions including back to 1.4). The strangest part is that I added code that detects this retrograde and keeps the image_index at its most recent (higher) frame, but the twitch still happens?! This may be due to some bug deeper in my code, but logging in my draw calls verifies that the image_indexes are stable even when the track position goes backwards. And yet the sprite twitches...there may be a secondary bug with setting image_index directly?

G

Using show_message() for debugging in Android now produces "this function has been deprecated." The documentation only said "this is for debug use only," and I used it that way in many places to alert me to a problem that occurred without crashing the game. Finding that those checks now result in an error and must be rewritten is not a nice surprise.

get_open_filename() / get_save_filename() for Mac not working. - The game just freezes when using these functions

@Mike @rwkay Linking you guys because Mike has the bug assigned to him, and Russell wrote on the forums a while ago that he was looking into this if he had time.

Hey guys, I know you are incredibly busy and the latest update has some great improvements, Resource Tree for one.

However the thing I want to nag you about is the "get_open_filename()" and "get_save_filename" functions on Mac IDE / Runner are not working.

They were working one or two builds ago, but became not working a few months ago.

Bug report here: https://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=26705

My project requires loading user selected level files and sprites for the games level editor, and being able to use this on Mac was fantastic for testing.

Do you know if/when this function will be available again?

Is there a workaround I could use to let the user select files from anywhere on their computer without this feature?

I found one extension on the marketplace that supports Mac, but I'd prefer to use the built in functions if possible.

F

Flayzian

My game doesn't even build anymore. I'm using a MacBook Air and where there would normally be a countdown top right of how long till the game builds, it just increments every second, no blue bar and never builds... forever. I'm reinstalling an old version to try fix this. Really ticked off because it's wasted about 2 hours of programming I wanted to do today.

S

Siracher

My game doesn't even build anymore. I'm using a MacBook Air and where there would normally be a countdown top right of how long till the game builds, it just increments every second, no blue bar and never builds... forever. I'm reinstalling an old version to try fix this. Really ticked off because it's wasted about 2 hours of programming I wanted to do today.
I had also some issues with the latest build and export to iOS. Make sure the Macbook and connected device (in my case an iPad) is running on the latest iOS version and also update xcode to the latest version when iOS is updated

S

Siracher

I noticed that when I duplicate an object in the resource tree every once in a while the duplicate will be missing all your code from an event.

I just check to see if everything was duplicated correctly and if not then I delete and re-duplicate and it seems to work. Not really sure if there's any consistency to it...
I mentioned this as well but already in the previous build. Close the duplicated object and open it again then all code in every event shows up

clee2005

If you roll back to 1.3.189 and try to export for iOS you will get a series of errors (actually just one at a time, but one for each of the keys below). It can be fixed by adding some (now missing) keys to the "options_ios.yy" file which is in your project folder under /options/ios.

Add :

"option_ios_splashscreen_iphone_landscape": "${options_dir}\\ios\\splash\\ipad_retina_7_landscape.png",
"option_ios_splashscreen_iphone_retina_landscape": "${options_dir}\\ios\\splash\\ipad_retina_7_landscape.png",
"option_ios_splashscreen_iphone_portrait": "${options_dir}\\ios\\splash\\iphone_56_portrait.png",
"option_ios_splashscreen_iphone_retina_portrait": "${options_dir}\\ios\\splash\\iphone_56_portrait.png",
"option_ios_splashscreen_iphone_5_landscape": "${options_dir}\\ios\\splash\\ipad_retina_7_landscape.png",
"option_ios_splashscreen_iphone_5_portrait": "${options_dir}\\ios\\splash\\iphone_8_55_portrait.png",
"option_ios_splashscreen_iphone_6_landscape": "${options_dir}\\ios\\splash\\ipad_retina_7_landscape.png",
"option_ios_splashscreen_iphone_6_portrait": "${options_dir}\\ios\\splash\\iphone_8_55_portrait.png",
"option_ios_splashscreen_iphone_6_plus_landscape": "${options_dir}\\ios\\splash\\ipad_retina_7_landscape.png",
"option_ios_splashscreen_iphone_6_plus_portrait": "${options_dir}\\ios\\splash\\iphone_8_55_portrait.png",

and it will build. I haven't actually tried each device to see what the splash screens look like so I might have the mappings wrong, but it builds.

clee2005

Just installed it (2.1.4.288 and 2.1.4.203 runtime) and unfortunately, it did not change the collision event issue for me (I am NOT using Physics). It would be good to know if this is an acknowledged bug that WILL be fixed, or if we are expected to adjust around this breaking change if we can. I'm expecting this is a bug that will be fixed soon as it seems others have had their previous work broken. I'd be fixing a few projects if this is the way it's going to be going forward... assuming I CAN fix it from my end.

D

davegrey

Physics collisions seem to be working again for me on runtime 2.1.4.203.

clee2005

To illustrate (and cause I was always curious how people were posting video gifs - ScreenToGif util) here is what happens currently with 2.1.3.189 (always been working) and since this latest GMS2 update with the latest runtime 2.1.4.203. Absolutely nothing changed in the code, just run with the different Runtimes.

Working-2.1.3.189.gif Working-2.1.4.203.gif

EDIT : Turns out the issue seems to be that an object needs to have an initial image assigned in order to trigger the collision event. I was dynamically assigning the image in the create event (which worked in previous versions). Now I just set a dummy image on the object and continue to switch it in the Create event and it works.

It's probably because of the collision mask being set as "Same as Sprite" when there is no image set. I tried setting the sprite to NONE and then setting the mask to use a sprite that is the same size and it worked as well.

Last edited:
G

Well, 💩💩💩💩, the global.global.myvariable bug is still there. How long would that have taken? Every time I type in a global variable and have the autocomplete botch it, it drives home YYG's decision to force use of the newly broken IDE and my poor choice to have invested so much time in GMS2.

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
Well, ****, the global.global.myvariable bug is still there. How long would that have taken? Every time I type in a global variable and have the autocomplete botch it, it drives home YYG's decision to force use of the newly broken IDE and my poor choice to have invested so much time in GMS2.
Does this happen every time you use the auto complete?
I've tried with a variety of global and regular variables in my project, and it hasn't happened yet.
Did you file a bug for it?

Does this happen every time you use the auto complete?
I've tried with a variety of global and regular variables in my project, and it hasn't happened yet.
I'm in the same situation as you: I can't get this issue to happen either, the autocomplete seems to work fine for all variables that I am using (global, local, instance, etc). When I originally saw this being raised by @Justice I got prepared for this to happen in my project, but it never did occur.

G

Interesting! I posted a .gif of what happens here: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/gms2-version-2-1-4.45483/page-2#post-280578

The bug is documented here: https://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=29270

I'm glad you guys got me to take another look at this. I did submit the bug, but whoever did the "steps to reproduce" noticed that the error only happens if autocomplete triggers before typing the period in "global.myvariable." My autocomplete delay was set to 50ms. I've changed it to 500ms, which gives me time to type the period before the autocomplete triggers, and it doesn't err.

Now let's see how long until the official support gives me this solution. Ahem.

@hdarren here's the workaround!

Interesting! I posted a .gif of what happens here: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/gms2-version-2-1-4.45483/page-2#post-280578

The bug is documented here: https://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=29270

I'm glad you guys got me to take another look at this. I did submit the bug, but whoever did the "steps to reproduce" noticed that the error only happens if autocomplete triggers before typing the period in "global.myvariable." My autocomplete delay was set to 50ms. I've changed it to 500ms, which gives me time to type the period before the autocomplete triggers, and it doesn't err.

Now let's see how long until the official support gives me this solution. Ahem.
I see in your steps you also use the tab to select one of the autocomplete variables. If you switch your autocomplete delay back to what it was originally, and then use Enter instead of Tab to select one of the suggested variables in the autocomplete list do you still get the same issue? I'm only asking because I'm sure that I select an autocomplete without typing in the full-stop, but I use Enter to select the one I want and not Tab.

But then again, I see that the bug is listed as Fixed anyway, so hopefully this will come through in another batch of hotfixes soon.

D

drhgames

Hello,

I've been teaching a class using Game Maker Studio 2 Trial Edition. This past week all of my 30 computers stopped working unless we downloaded a new update. We did this. Immediately afterwards, the Run (F5) function stopped working for about half the class.
The students can still work in the editor, but when they save and then Run, it goes through its usual line by line process and then stops. The game doesn't crash or abort. It just pretends like we never asked it to Run at all. The last lines in the window are :

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe DONE (0)
DoSteam
Igor complete
[Run] Run Game
Options: Z:\Mario want_1742FEE_CD36E629\MainOptions.json
C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.4.200/windows/Runner.exe -game
Attempting to set gamepadcount to 12
DirectX11: Using hardware device

These last two lines are the strangest because we aren't using gamepads or hardware at all that I'm aware of.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as this class is now just sitting here waiting for the solution. I have submitted a support ticket, but its been a couple of days and I haven't heard anything back.

Dave

hogwater

You can roll back to a previous runtime if need be. Read the entire output window to see if you can find anything helpful- the gamepad thing is normal and has nothing to do with your issue.

N

Nicoloscopie

Hi, since the new mandatory update (IDE v2.1.4.288, Runtime 2.1.4.203) i've lost half of my room ( AGAIN ! ) in the tree editor, it still show up in the game folder or when i run the game directly but can't edit them anymore ! i fill a bug report but it's not the first time it happen to me and i've seen a lot of similar post but no respond from the dev?? can someone confirm that the problem is taking care of ??? i bought the creator edition a week ago and i'm starting to regret it... i felt like i've lost a lot of time working on this project.

N

Nicoloscopie

Do you have a backup? Backups + source control help a lot.
Game maker studio 2 dosen't have back up aymore and auto-save the project each time you run it or by pressing ctrl+s which i do every ten minutes or so.
I already try adding existing room via the folder but game maker say's my .yy file are incompatible.

Also, if change back to an older version of Gm it delete an other room.

So basicaly i've worked an entire week on my game then lost all my room exepted one in less than 2 update...

N

Nicoloscopie

Well you should be making your own backups in any case. Save your work on another hard drive as well as cloud options.

Then use a form of source control as well.
Thank's for the advises.

But the problem doesn't came from backup save, i want to be sure that if i create a room i will be able to use it again and won't desapear when i close Gamemaker studio. I want to know if the room present in my game folder can still be retreive and edited ! and if so, how i could do that ?

breakmt

Hi, since the new mandatory update (IDE v2.1.4.288, Runtime 2.1.4.203) i've lost half of my room ( AGAIN ! ) in the tree editor, it still show up in the game folder or when i run the game directly but can't edit them anymore ! i fill a bug report but it's not the first time it happen to me and i've seen a lot of similar post but no respond from the dev?? can someone confirm that the problem is taking care of ??? i bought the creator edition a week ago and i'm starting to regret it... i felt like i've lost a lot of time working on this project.
I suggest you to file a bug to YYG.
Also, if I were you I would be very angry if I lost something. I would probably ask moneyback and change engine for other one.
PS: I'm a little bit worried about quality of GameMaker right now...

Ruimm

If you roll back to 1.3.189 and try to export for iOS you will get a series of errors (actually just one at a time, but one for each of the keys below). It can be fixed by adding some (now missing) keys to the "options_ios.yy" file which is in your project folder under /options/ios.

Add :

"option_ios_splashscreen_iphone_landscape": "${options_dir}\\ios\\splash\\ipad_retina_7_landscape.png",
"option_ios_splashscreen_iphone_retina_landscape": "${options_dir}\\ios\\splash\\ipad_retina_7_landscape.png",
"option_ios_splashscreen_iphone_portrait": "${options_dir}\\ios\\splash\\iphone_56_portrait.png",
"option_ios_splashscreen_iphone_retina_portrait": "${options_dir}\\ios\\splash\\iphone_56_portrait.png",
"option_ios_splashscreen_iphone_5_landscape": "${options_dir}\\ios\\splash\\ipad_retina_7_landscape.png",
"option_ios_splashscreen_iphone_5_portrait": "${options_dir}\\ios\\splash\\iphone_8_55_portrait.png",
"option_ios_splashscreen_iphone_6_landscape": "${options_dir}\\ios\\splash\\ipad_retina_7_landscape.png",
"option_ios_splashscreen_iphone_6_portrait": "${options_dir}\\ios\\splash\\iphone_8_55_portrait.png",
"option_ios_splashscreen_iphone_6_plus_landscape": "${options_dir}\\ios\\splash\\ipad_retina_7_landscape.png",
"option_ios_splashscreen_iphone_6_plus_portrait": "${options_dir}\\ios\\splash\\iphone_8_55_portrait.png",

and it will build. I haven't actually tried each device to see what the splash screens look like so I might have the mappings wrong, but it builds.
this worked for me and managed to solve an issue I was having that was driving me crazyyYyYyy! thanks :)

hogwater

Thank's for the advises.

But the problem doesn't came from backup save, i want to be sure that if i create a room i will be able to use it again and won't desapear when i close Gamemaker studio. I want to know if the room present in my game folder can still be retreive and edited ! and if so, how i could do that ?
I've seen a couple of people recommending making a new folder with a different name, then copying the contents of your old project folder into that and trying to load things. Not sure if I have that right or if it will help in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.