• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Can't export to iOS with new version 1.4.1804

Speederman

I've just upgraded to version 1.4.1804 from 1.4.1772 and now I can't export to iOS. I get these errors:
Code:
Error : Unable to copy file C:\AliensInChains.gmx\Configs\Default\ios\icons\itunes\itunes_1024.png to output project
Error : Unable to copy file C:\AliensInChains.gmx\Configs\Default\ios\icons\app\iphone_120.png to output project
Error : Unable to copy file C:\AliensInChains.gmx\Configs\Default\ios\icons\app\iphone_180.png to output project
Error : Unable to copy file C:\AliensInChains.gmx\Configs\Default\ios\icons\app\ipad_76.png to output project
Error : Unable to copy file C:\AliensInChains.gmx\Configs\Default\ios\icons\app\ipad_152.png to output project
Error : Unable to copy file C:\AliensInChains.gmx\Configs\Default\ios\icons\app\ipad_pro_167.png to output project
Error : Unable to copy file C:\AliensInChains.gmx\Configs\Default\ios\icons\notification\iphone_40.png to output project
Error : Unable to copy file C:\AliensInChains.gmx\Configs\Default\ios\icons\notification\iphone_60.png to output project
Error : Unable to copy file C:\AliensInChains.gmx\Configs\Default\ios\icons\notification\ipad_40.png to output project
Error : Unable to copy file C:\AliensInChains.gmx\Configs\Default\ios\icons\spotlight\iphone_80.png to output project
Error : Unable to copy file C:\AliensInChains.gmx\Configs\Default\ios\icons\spotlight\iphone_120.png to output project
Error : Unable to copy file C:\AliensInChains.gmx\Configs\Default\ios\icons\spotlight\ipad_40.png to output project
Error : Unable to copy file C:\AliensInChains.gmx\Configs\Default\ios\icons\spotlight\ipad_80.png to output project
Error : Unable to copy file C:\AliensInChains.gmx\Configs\Default\ios\icons\settings\iphone_58.png to output project
Error : Unable to copy file C:\AliensInChains.gmx\Configs\Default\ios\icons\settings\iphone_87.png to output project
Error : Unable to copy file C:\AliensInChains.gmx\Configs\Default\ios\icons\settings\ipad_29.png to output project
Error : Unable to copy file C:\AliensInChains.gmx\Configs\Default\ios\icons\settings\ipad_58.png to output project
The problem is that I have updated all those icons with the right resolutions and they are indeed in those locations. I've checked everyone of them and the paths and names are correct.

The weirdest thing is that if I delete them all from the hard drive, I can export the project with no errors or warnings. But then I won't have those new icons in the project, which was the main reason for me to upgrade GMS.

I've tried everything. I've changed the project's location, I've tried to update only one icon, I've tried to export without icons and then update them and export again without cleaning the cache, reboot computers... Nothing worked. The only way I can export to iOS is deleting all those icons.

Any idea? Has anyone been able to export to iOS with the new version and the new icons?

*** EDIT: It seems that the update process had some problem. I uninstalled GM:S and installed it again and everything works fine now.

Last edited:

Speederman

I've somehow got it working by exporting the project without the icons and adding them later in Xcode. But obviously this isn't the best solution.

I hope someone can give me any hint to solve this issue and have a better workflow...

Thanks in advance.

rIKmAN

Does it work in 1772?
If you export the project and load it into xCode can you add them manually.

Not a fix for the issue, but a workaround so you can us your new icons.

Edit: You posted just as I did.
If it works in 1772 but not in 1804 report it as a bug.

Speederman

Does it work in 1772?
If you export the project and load it into xCode can you add them manually.

Not a fix for the issue, but a workaround so you can us your new icons.

Edit: You posted just as I did.
If it works in 1772 but not in 1804 report it as a bug.
I can't try version 1772, because I've upgraded GM:S, but it worked fine before the upgrade. However, it works in version 1804 also if I don't add the new icons.

I've found some Xcode errors that didn't appear in the previous version. I must check it further. I'm using Xcode 8.3.1 and I've seen in the release notes that Xcode 9 support has been added, but that's not been updated in the sdks requirements page... However, I'm gonna try to install version 9.3 and see if it works fine.

Speederman

It seems that the update process had some problem.

I uninstalled GM:S and installed it again and everything works fine now.

It seems that the update process had some problem.

I uninstalled GM:S and installed it again and everything works fine now.
Were you able to compile to iOS without problem? What version of xcode are you using? What version of GM:S? I am using Xcode 9.2, but it gives me a bunch of errors. I tried xcode 8 as well, but got other errors there (I guess sdks or something were too old).

Speederman

Were you able to compile to iOS without problem? What version of xcode are you using? What version of GM:S? I am using Xcode 9.2, but it gives me a bunch of errors. I tried xcode 8 as well, but got other errors there (I guess sdks or something were too old).
Yes, I got it working fine. I'm using GM:S 1.4.1804 in Windows 10. On the Mac side, I upgraded to High Sierra and I'm using Xcode 9.3. I had many errors too, but they were gone as soon as I uninstalled GM:S and installed it again. I must say that I send the project to Xcode and compile it there, not directly from GM:S (I have the option 'Supress build and run' checked in iOS Preferences).

Yes, I got it working fine. I'm using GM:S 1.4.1804 in Windows 10. On the Mac side, I upgraded to High Sierra and I'm using Xcode 9.3. I had many errors too, but they were gone as soon as I uninstalled GM:S and installed it again. I must say that I send the project to Xcode and compile it there, not directly from GM:S (I have the option 'Supress build and run' checked in iOS Preferences).
That's odd. Neither I nor YoYo managed to compile projects with Xcode 9.3 (see this report: https://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=29262)
What does 'supress build and run' means? I have not this option ticked in Preferences.

Speederman

That's odd. Neither I nor YoYo managed to compile projects with Xcode 9.3 (see this report: https://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=29262)
What does 'supress build and run' means? I have not this option ticked in Preferences.
Well, I can confirm that Xcode 9.3 works fine for me... You can find the 'Supress build and run' option in preferences, under the iOS tab. When you check it, the project is simply sent and opened into Xcode. There, you must check/adjust settings and archive (build) the product by yourself.

Well, I can confirm that Xcode 9.3 works fine for me... You can find the 'Supress build and run' option in preferences, under the iOS tab. When you check it, the project is simply sent and opened into Xcode. There, you must check/adjust settings and archive (build) the product by yourself.
OK, but it won't work for you either unless you have "supress build" checked?

Speederman

OK, but it won't work for you either unless you have "supress build" checked?
I can't tell you. I checked that option more than a year ago, so I don't know if it works without it. I like to compile directly in Xcode, so I can check and adjust some options there. For example, I change the icons and splash images there (they aren't correctly assigned for every device). One curious thing about this Xcode version is that GM:S gets stuck at the end right after Xcode opens and I have to press the stop button to get the 'compile finished' message and get the play/debug/compile buttons not greyed again.

One more reason to have that option checked is that I send the project to the Mac and then I can have Xcode compiling the iOS version and my PC compiling the Android version at the same time. Is a time saving option to me...

I can't tell you. I checked that option more than a year ago, so I don't know if it works without it. I like to compile directly in Xcode, so I can check and adjust some options there. For example, I change the icons and splash images there (they aren't correctly assigned for every device). One curious thing about this Xcode version is that GM:S gets stuck at the end right after Xcode opens and I have to press the stop button to get the 'compile finished' message and get the play/debug/compile buttons not greyed again.

One more reason to have that option checked is that I send the project to the Mac and then I can have Xcode compiling the iOS version and my PC compiling the Android version at the same time. Is a time saving option to me...
I see. Thanks for the info!
Btw, I keep getting these warnings/errors in Xcode when I try to compile (YYC). Any idea what' causing them, or how to fix it?

Speederman

I see. Thanks for the info!
Btw, I keep getting these warnings/errors in Xcode when I try to compile (YYC). Any idea what' causing them, or how to fix it?
Oh, don't worry. I get tons of warnings everytime I compile for iOS. It's always been that way, but the game runs fine. You only have to worry about errors (the red ones), but orange warnings can usually be ignored. Just check that the icons and splash images are fine and replace them if they are not.

On that specific window, just press on 'Perform Changes' before compiling. I get it everytime too. You just check the final version on your iOS device to be sure that everything works as it should do and you're done.

I uploaded a new version of my game 'Aliens in Chains' to the App Store yesterday and it has already been tested and validated by Apple. I got more tham a thousand warnings at compile time and it's available on the store with no problems.

Oh, don't worry. I get tons of warnings everytime I compile for iOS. It's always been that way, but the game runs fine. You only have to worry about errors (the red ones), but orange warnings can usually be ignored. Just check that the icons and splash images are fine and replace them if they are not.

On that specific window, just press on 'Perform Changes' before compiling. I get it everytime too. You just check the final version on your iOS device to be sure that everything works as it should do and you're done.

I uploaded a new version of my game 'Aliens in Chains' to the App Store yesterday and it has already been tested and validated by Apple. I got more tham a thousand warnings at compile time and it's available on the store with no problems.
Really? Thanks for the info! But after I hit "perform changes," what do I do next? I have never actually dealt with compiling the app in Xcode before. Prior to this, I always compiled it in GM:S, and then uploaded it through organizer. But the app is not there now, what with these warnings and all... =/

Speederman

Really? Thanks for the info! But after I hit "perform changes," what do I do next? I have never actually dealt with compiling the app in Xcode before. Prior to this, I always compiled it in GM:S, and then uploaded it through organizer. But the app is not there now, what with these warnings and all... =/
It's quite easy. The only thing I have always to check is that the correct capabilities are on. Press on the Project navigator (the 'folder' icon on the left) and then go to Capabilities on the right window. If your game uses In-App-Purchases or Game Center, switch them on (they're always off for me). In 'General' tab, the Signing of the app should work fine with 'Automatically signing' option checked. If it does not work, you can uncheck it and select your provisioning profiles manually.

Once everything is configured, you go to 'Product' menu and press 'Archive'. Xcode starts compiling and once the progress bar finishes without errors, the Organizer window will open with your game on the list. After that, you can upload as you used to.

It's quite easy. The only thing I have always to check is that the correct capabilities are on. Press on the Project navigator (the 'folder' icon on the left) and then go to Capabilities on the right window. If your game uses In-App-Purchases or Game Center, switch them on (they're always off for me). In 'General' tab, the Signing of the app should work fine with 'Automatically signing' option checked. If it does not work, you can uncheck it and select your provisioning profiles manually.

Once everything is configured, you go to 'Product' menu and press 'Archive'. Xcode starts compiling and once the progress bar finishes without errors, the Organizer window will open with your game on the list. After that, you can upload as you used to.
Thanks, I'll try it out this weekend when I have more time!