• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android SDK files

S

sara_sara

HELLO HOW I CAN FIX IT ? i need some file for sdk please somone upload in here for me

S

sara_sara

i could not fix it .... please someone ulpoad files for me .... in sdk is ok .... but when i check in game maker studio .... not ok please helppppppppppp .... upload files for me

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
If the SDK manager says that it's installed and GM:S is not recognizing it, the problem probably can't be resolved simply by uploading files (the absurdity and potential legal conflicts thereof not even being mentioned).

Try performing a fresh install. Ensure that you have followed the guide I linked in its entirety - if not possible retroactively, try to start over, following the guide from the beginning.

rIKmAN

I would also sort those folder paths out.
Create a folder somewhere called "SDKs" and put the extracted sdk folders inside it - no need for all that extra "www.fileniko" nonsense to be in the path.
Just have for example: "F:\SDKs\android-sdk" and "F:\SDKs\android-ndk-12b"

As well as that, your screenshot shows you are trying to use NDK 15b.
The SDK Versions Article clearly states that for GMS 1.4 you should be using NDK 12b and Java 1.8 (your screenshot shows 9.x?)

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
You only have the SDK Platform on API 13, you didn't install its Google APIs. That is clearly reflected in both the GMS and SDK Manager screenshots.

Check the "Obsolete" box under "Show:", then go back to API 13 and install Google APIs there.

S

sara_sara

You only have the SDK Platform on API 13, you didn't install its Google APIs. That is clearly reflected in both the GMS and SDK Manager screenshots.

Check the "Obsolete" box under "Show:", then go back to API 13 and install Google APIs there.
do u have google APIs 13 ? share files ... i cant downlaod with sdk manager please help me

S

sara_sara

how i can fix this error?

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring root project ''.
> Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':classpath'.
> Could not resolve com.android.tools.build:gradle:2.1.0.
Required by:
::unspecified
> Could not resolve com.android.tools.build:gradle:2.1.0.
> Could not get resource 'https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/android/tools/build/gradle/2.1.0/gradle-2.1.0.pom'.
> Could not GET 'https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/android/tools/build/gradle/2.1.0/gradle-2.1.0.pom'.
> Connection to https://jcenter.bintray.com refused
> Could not resolve com.google.gms:google-services:3.0.0.
Required by:
::unspecified
> Could not resolve com.google.gms:google-services:3.0.0.
> Could not get resource 'https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/google/gms/google-services/3.0.0/google-services-3.0.0.pom'.
> Could not GET 'https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/google/gms/google-services/3.0.0/google-services-3.0.0.pom'.
> Connection to https://jcenter.bintray.com refused
* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
BUILD FAILED
Total time: 45.618 secs
cmd /c "subst /d Z:"
Create finished: 10:42:07 PM

Z

zendraw

im also having trouble with these dk`s, i cant get to setup even the first one, SDK. i try running sdkmanager but nothing happens, even the ones in the tools folder, android, emulator, emulator-check, mksdcard, only monitor gives me some window to point it to the sdk directory but it ends up sayng it culdnt find monitor.bat.
this is what i have
ghjg.png

also in the article it says i need jdk 8u102 but in the suite theres no such thing, only 8u161 and 8u162

Last edited:

rIKmAN

im also having trouble with these dk`s, i cant get to setup even the first one, SDK. i try running sdkmanager but nothing happens, even the ones in the tools folder, android, emulator, emulator-check, mksdcard, only monitor gives me some window to point it to the sdk directory but it ends up sayng it culdnt find monitor.bat.
this is what i have
View attachment 17203

also in the article it says i need jdk 8u102 but in the suite theres no such thing, only 8u161 and 8u162
A quick Google for "jdk 8u102" gives the first result as the Java Archive.
You can find 8u102 if you scroll down the page a little: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-javase8-2177648.html

The SDK Manager is "tools/android.bat" (just android in your pic as it looks like you have file extensions turned off, eww! :) ) and usually when that doesn't work it's a problem with the Java installation. Either the install itself or the environment variables not being set correctly.

Uninstall all the existing Java stuff and try with 8u102 from that link and see how it goes.

@sara_sara have you followed the guide at https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753498-GameMaker-Studio-Android-SDK-and-NDK-setup-
from start to finish?

Z

zendraw

A quick Google for "jdk 8u102" gives the first result as the Java Archive.
You can find 8u102 if you scroll down the page a little: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-javase8-2177648.html

The SDK Manager is "tools/android.bat" (just android in your pic as it looks like you have file extensions turned off, eww! :) ) and usually when that doesn't work it's a problem with the Java installation. Either the install itself or the environment variables not being set correctly.

Uninstall all the existing Java stuff and try with 8u102 from that link and see how it goes.

@sara_sara have you followed the guide at https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753498-GameMaker-Studio-Android-SDK-and-NDK-setup-
from start to finish?
can you give me a link where it doesnt want me to register? and it doesnt simply want a user and pass, it wants my adress, phone all kind of stuff!!!

Z

zendraw

yes i followed that exact guide and got stuck at the sdk. the ndk dont need anything and i installed the jdk ok.
now this is what i get from accessin it thru the cmd
Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
(c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Всички права запазени.

C:\Users\User>Documents\GameMakerTools\sdk\tools\android.bat
The "android" command is deprecated.
For manual SDK, AVD, and project management, please use Android Studio.
For command-line tools, use tools\bin\sdkmanager.bat
and tools\bin\avdmanager.bat

Invalid or unsupported command ""

Supported commands are:
android list target
android list avd
android list device
android create avd
android move avd
android delete avd
android list sdk
android update sdk

C:\Users\User>Documents\GameMakerTools\sdk\tools\bin\sdkmanager.bat
Usage:
  sdkmanager [--uninstall] [<common args>] [--package_file <file>] [<packages>..
.]
  sdkmanager --update [<common args>]
  sdkmanager --list [<common args>]
  sdkmanager --licenses [<common args>]

In its first form, installs, or uninstalls, or updates packages.
    By default, the listed packages are installed or (if already installed)
    updated to the latest version.

--uninstall: uninstalled listed packages.

<package> is a sdk-style path (e.g. "build-tools;23.0.0" or
             "platforms;android-23").
    <package-file> is a text file where each line is a sdk-style path
                   of a package to install or uninstall.
    Multiple --package_file arguments may be specified in combination
    with explicit paths.

In its second form (with --update), all installed packages are

In its third form, all installed and available packages are printed
    out.

In its fourth form (with --licenses), show and offer the option to
     accept licenses for all available packages that have not already been
     accepted.

Common Arguments:
    --sdk_root=<sdkRootPath>: Use the specified SDK root instead of the SDK
                              containing this tool

--channel=<channelId>: Include packages in channels up to <channelId>.
                           Common channels are:
                           0 (Stable), 1 (Beta), 2 (Dev), and 3 (Canary).

--include_obsolete: With --list, show obsolete packages in the
                        package listing. With --update, update obsolete
                        packages as well as non-obsolete.

--no_https: Force all connections to use http rather than https.

--proxy=<http | socks>: Connect via a proxy of the given type.

--proxy_host=<IP or DNS address>: IP or DNS address of the proxy to use.

--proxy_port=<port #>: Proxy port to connect to.

* If the env var REPO_OS_OVERRIDE is set to "windows",
  "macosx", or "linux", packages will be downloaded for that OS.

C:\Users\User>
i suspect i will have to do it thru the cmd ?

rIKmAN

Did you follow that guide and install Android Studio?
If so what happens when you try and load it?

You can also try to cd to "tools\bin\" and run "sdkmanager.bat" and see what happens.

Z

zendraw

Did you follow that guide and install Android Studio?
If so what happens when you try and load it?

You can also try to cd to "tools\bin\" and run "sdkmanager.bat" and see what happens.
no i dont have android studio, only the tools, you dont need android studio as far as i understood. what do you mean i can try cd? did you see what i posted? isnt that what you meant me to do?

rIKmAN

no i dont have android studio, only the tools, you dont need android studio as far as i understood. what do you mean i can try cd? did you see what i posted? isnt that what you meant me to do?
Well no you don't "need" it, but you said you followed the guide I linked which uses Android Studio and that's what most people do as it's the first part of the guide.
They usually do that before getting to the 2nd half of the guide with the cmdline tools.

You error message contains:
Code:
So try using the command line to browse to "tools\bin\" and running "sdkmanager.bat" like it says in the message and see what it says.
You can also try running that bat file and see if that opens up the SDKManager.

Z

zendraw

Well no you don't "need" it, but you said you followed the guide I linked which uses Android Studio and that's what most people do as it's the first part of the guide.
They usually do that before getting to the 2nd half of the guide with the cmdline tools.

You error message contains:
Code:
So try using the command line to browse to "tools\bin\" and running "sdkmanager.bat" like it says in the message and see what it says.
You can also try running that bat file and see if that opens up the SDKManager.
yes i did that, you havent read what i posted, after it gave me that error i tryed accessing the sdkmanager and it gave me this
Code:
C:\Users\User>Documents\GameMakerTools\sdk\tools\bin\sdkmanager.bat
Usage:
  sdkmanager [--uninstall] [<common args>] [--package_file <file>] [<packages>..
.]
  sdkmanager --update [<common args>]
  sdkmanager --list [<common args>]
  sdkmanager --licenses [<common args>]

In its first form, installs, or uninstalls, or updates packages.
    By default, the listed packages are installed or (if already installed)

--uninstall: uninstalled listed packages.

<package> is a sdk-style path (e.g. "build-tools;23.0.0" or
             "platforms;android-23").
    <package-file> is a text file where each line is a sdk-style path
                   of a package to install or uninstall.
    Multiple --package_file arguments may be specified in combination
    with explicit paths.

In its second form (with --update), all installed packages are

In its third form, all installed and available packages are printed
    out.

In its fourth form (with --licenses), show and offer the option to
     accept licenses for all available packages that have not already been
     accepted.

Common Arguments:
    --sdk_root=<sdkRootPath>: Use the specified SDK root instead of the SDK
                              containing this tool

--channel=<channelId>: Include packages in channels up to <channelId>.
                           Common channels are:
                           0 (Stable), 1 (Beta), 2 (Dev), and 3 (Canary).

--include_obsolete: With --list, show obsolete packages in the
                        package listing. With --update, update obsolete
                        packages as well as non-obsolete.

--no_https: Force all connections to use http rather than https.

--proxy=<http | socks>: Connect via a proxy of the given type.

--proxy_host=<IP or DNS address>: IP or DNS address of the proxy to use.

--proxy_port=<port #>: Proxy port to connect to.

* If the env var REPO_OS_OVERRIDE is set to "windows",
  "macosx", or "linux", packages will be downloaded for that OS.

so what do you think of this? tryin to run sdkmanager from the folder does nothing like with the rest of the bats.

rIKmAN

yes i did that, you havent read what i posted, after it gave me that error i tryed accessing the sdkmanager and it gave me this
so what do you think of this? tryin to run sdkmanager from the folder does nothing like with the rest of the bats.
Ah my bad, I did read it but missed the second part where you tried running sdkmanager.bat.
The commandline tools do work as that's what I use and my bat file opens the SDKManager as expected.
What OS are you on?

Enter "where java" on the command line and see what path it reports, if any.

If you are getting annoyed by it all then try using Android Studio and following the guide to see if that works.

J

jackhigh24

i had similar trouble with a new to me secondhand pc running windows 7 64bit, had to resort to going with android studio in the end, might be an idea for you if you don't get this sorted out

S

sara_sara

please dont send link how to download sdk manager .... just upload files for me please .... i cant download with sdk manager ... its 3 day ... i saying u upload please... why u dont help me ?

Z

zendraw

yea im also with windows 7 64 bit... i guess its best to get android studio then.. ill try that and see what happens

rIKmAN

please dont send link how to download sdk manager .... just upload files for me please .... i cant download with sdk manager ... its 3 day ... i saying u upload please... why u dont help me ?
What would be the point in anyone downloading the files, then uploading them for you to download, when you can just download them from the same place everyone else does to start with?

Don't be silly - follow the guide that's been linked above to get everything setup.

rIKmAN

but the guide is outdated, thats why im asking here...
It says the guide was last updated on March 6th 2018.
Does your Android Studio not look like the images, or not close enough that you can't follow along?

In any case, you will still need to install the basics which is what the guide is telling you as they don't change: Google Play Licencing, Support Repository, Build Tools etc etc.

From there you can start looking at installing and using the other API's once you have it compiling and working.

Z

zendraw

well it shows me whats in the screenshot i posted, and those are the ones i installed, so i guess it shuld work since they cover the ones in the guide.
btw i started updatin the sdk tools, and i pressed background thinking that it will simply go in the taskbar but it dissapeared fully and im not sure how to bring back the progress window, any ideas?

rIKmAN

well it shows me whats in the screenshot i posted, and those are the ones i installed, so i guess it shuld work since they cover the ones in the guide.
btw i started updatin the sdk tools, and i pressed background thinking that it will simply go in the taskbar but it dissapeared fully and im not sure how to bring back the progress window, any ideas?
Not sure as I don't use Android Studio - are you sure it hasn't just minimised to the system tray?

Once you've followed that guide, add the paths for your SDKs into the preferences in GMS and hit the "Check" button and see what it says.

If all good, try compiling an empty room project to your device and see how it goes.
The worst that can happen is an error message!

Last edited:
Z

zendraw

well it seems it downloaded them, and i just installed them, now to see whats going on and how to set them with game maker

rIKmAN

well it seems it downloaded them, and i just installed them, now to see whats going on and how to set them with game maker
Just follow the guide - it's all pretty straightforward, just setting the paths to the SDKs.

Let us know how you get on, and if you hit any problems we can sort them out.
Hopefully sara_sara can also follow through what we do and get herself setup too!

S

sara_sara

r u
What would be the point in anyone downloading the files, then uploading them for you to download, when you can just download them from the same place everyone else does to start with?

Don't be silly - follow the guide that's been linked above to get everything setup.
r u ok ? i cant download in here ... everything here blocked ... here is iran i cant download bcz blocked websites for us... please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Z

zendraw

so i think i did everything, and when i start a game thru the green button nothing happens on the phone, the android on the phone is 4.1.2, also i updated the ip adress in web server and i pretty much did everything in the guide. any ideas? phone is samsung yung gt s6310

rIKmAN

@sara_sara The files are hundreds of megabytes in size, they aren't something someone can send you through email.
Maybe look into using a VPN or proxy to allow you to download them?
so i think i did everything, and when i start a game thru the green button nothing happens on the phone, the android on the phone is 4.1.2, also i updated the ip adress in web server and i pretty much did everything in the guide. any ideas? phone is samsung yung gt s6310
Does adb detect your device?
Have you enabled usb debugging?
Have you enabled developer mode?

Z

zendraw

this is what it gives me checking adb devices through the 'run' cmd
Code:

C:\Users\User>adb devices
List of devices attached

and this is when im in the specified folder
Code:
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools>adb devices
List of devices attached
* daemon not running; starting now at tcp:5037
* daemon started successfully

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools>
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools>
usb debugging and dev mode are on. there is some 'select debug app' option in there and when i select it theres nothing in the menu that pops out.

rIKmAN

this is what it gives me checking adb devices through the 'run' cmd
Code:

List of devices attached
There should be a device id listed underneath "list of devices attached", so adb isn't detecting your phone for some reason.
Until adb detects your device, GMS won't be able to see it either.

Have you installed the drivers for your particular phone?
Have you installed the Google USB Drivers from SDK Manager?
What is the transfer mode set to on the phone?
Have you ever had a popup on the phone the "Allow Access" that you have to accept?
If you plug your phone in can you browse to it in My Computer and look through your photographs etc?

This thread is a similar issue which we solved by checking all of the above, take a look and see if it helps you also.

Last edited:
Z

zendraw

-everything with google in it is installed
-how do i check if i have installed the drivers?
-how do i check this transfer mode?
-im not sure about the popup but i think yes
-i can access my phone, i mean its full of backup data of my projects :D

the guy in that topic was talkin about some usb settings, how do i check those? or is it specific to the phone.

edit: so i installed some usb android driver that you linked in that topic but it culdnt install mtp usb device for some reason, when i check it in the manager it says"this device cannot start (code10)".

Last edited:

rIKmAN

-everything with google in it is installed
-how do i check if i have installed the drivers?
-how do i check this transfer mode?
-im not sure about the popup but i think yes
-i can access my phone, i mean its full of backup data of my projects :D

the guy in that topic was talkin about some usb settings, how do i check those? or is it specific to the phone.

edit: so i installed some usb android driver that you linked in that topic but it culdnt install mtp usb device for some reason, when i check it in the manager it says"this device cannot start (code10)".
Well, have you ever installed drivers for your phone on your computer?
That's usually a good first step, followed by checking your installed programs if you somehow don't know if you ever have.

Yeah the location of options are device specific, different menus and locations etc.

What model phone do you have?
Type that into Google with your question and you'll find all the answers to what you are asking: ie. "Samsung Galaxy Drivers" or "Samsung Galaxy s6 usb settings"

It sounds to me like you either haven't enabled dev mode, haven't enabled usb debugging, or haven't setup the transfer mode like in that other thread I linked so adb can't talk to your device.

Z

zendraw

now i get this from the cmd
Code:

List of devices attached
6e8cc0f0        device

and still cant connect with game maker, will check with google tomorrow.

rIKmAN

now i get this from the cmd
Code:

List of devices attached
6e8cc0f0        device

and still cant connect with game maker, will check with google tomorrow.
If you want to hop onto Discord tomorrow let me know, it'll be easier than going back and forth on here.

E

Edwin

r u

r u ok ? i cant download in here ... everything here blocked ... here is iran i cant download bcz blocked websites for us... please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
You need to use VPN's.