Alpha Alaive: The Early Development Page

F

FlashyAlpaca

Hello all and welcome to the official Dev page for Alaive, a 2D action/adventure RPG where your choices impact the result of the game. I posted a question on a different forum regarding the game and got several requests to start a dev page for updates and such, so here it is! Right now, we'll only be posting a few screenshots here and there as we get the early stages of the game established, but hopefully soon we will be able to add gameplay videos and maybe even some demos. Once we get the game rolling more, we will be starting a crowd-funding campaign. For those interested in kindly contributing, we will update when that option is available. Until then, thanks for visiting, and enjoy these WIP shots!

Electric ForestRender1.jpg

MapLayoutRoomRender1.jpg

G

greenystone

This reminded me of HLD strongly, but that's just me.

Hopefully your backers & reviewers will not have this crazy associations, not in a negative way. Keep up and avoid anything which move your game too close to an another blatant copy (ehm, Ruin of Reckless).

(EDIT: direct images instead of attached)

Last edited by a moderator:
F

FlashyAlpaca

This reminded me of HLD strongly, but that's just me.

Hopefully your backers & reviewers will not have this crazy associations, not in a negative way. Keep up and avoid anything which move your game too close to an another blatant copy (ehm, Ruin of Reckless).

(EDIT: direct images instead of attached)
The game is very much inspired HLD, but we're aiming for something between the bright colors of HLD and the kind of grungy realism of Rain World. It is always a challenge to make something unique, especially when using a medium such as pixel art due to some of the restrictions that come with the genre, but we are consciously making an effort to create a distinct style to the game in art and game-play. I appreciate your feedback and hope you stick around to see more!

rIKmAN

As I said in your old thread - this looks great!
Look forward to seeing it evolve and interested to see where you go with it in terms of gameplay and mechanics.

Good luck!