• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Anyone stumble into the delete macros and your project is wiped out?

I've fallen into this trap quite a few times. If I delete a macro or add a macro once, add the same macro (same name) and then delete the extra, the project file won't compile. Then closing and opening GMS 1.4+ will result in the entire project being cleared out.

The content is still in the folders and I can click + drag into GMS to revive the empty project. None of the folders are kept when drag and dropping, but that's okay.

This seems like a huge issue that I've consistently fallen into for the past 3 years. Its happened twice recently, but I know to back up project files and folders, before I mess with Macros.

Anyone else have this issue or notice it?

Last edited:

2Dcube

I haven't, but thanks for letting me know to be careful with macros. This sounds like a big issue that should be fixed asap.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
This seems like a huge issue that I've consistently fallen into for the past 3 years. Its happened twice recently, but I know to back up project files and folders, before I mess with Macros.
I'd suggest to see if you can find a specific pattern to this happening and filing a bug report with reproduction steps if so.

I'd suggest to see if you can find a specific pattern to this happening and filing a bug report with reproduction steps if so.
I specified the pattern. When I delete a macro. Its happened with numerous projects over the years. Usually if I add one, add another with the same name, then delete one of the two. After deleting one of the two and trying to build / compile / play the project it won't. Upon closing and reopening the project its empty, except for the macros. Even more interesting is the project file opened in a .txt editor says everything is still there.

I'll file a bug report.

I'll see if I can do it again and again. I think I should be able to.