• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE User canceled certificate check

I have had to format my PC a few times in the last six months. Each time I install gamemaker I reconnect all my repositories to git hub and import no problem.

This time I am getting an error I have never seen before.

Error: user cancelled certificate check:

I do not have SSL certificates set up and have not added any certificates on the gamemaker side. Just a password.

I have tried reinstalling GMS2 but it seems to retain your settings and does not uninstall properly which is naughty.

Any help would be most appreciated.

rIKmAN

I have had to format my PC a few times in the last six months. Each time I install gamemaker I reconnect all my repositories to git hub and import no problem.

This time I am getting an error I have never seen before.

Error: user cancelled certificate check:

I do not have SSL certificates set up and have not added any certificates on the gamemaker side. Just a password.

I have tried reinstalling GMS2 but it seems to retain your settings and does not uninstall properly which is naughty.

Any help would be most appreciated.
Check your %appdata% folder after you uninstall, all your setting should be in there.
They don't delete them as if they did then everyone would lose their settings when we updated as the update just uninstalls the old version and installs the new one.

I have actually formatted my PC several times now to try to get this to work. I'm totally buggered without source control. Please help :(