Windows My First Game,Cube Souls.

jackrucel

Game snaps.
In this game you are a powerful being with the power to create a fragile life-form.
Keep them fed and warm to harvest their souls, to eventually, open the portal to other universes.

Download:
GameJolt Download page.
If any problem with the link, you can also go to Game Jolt site and search for CubeSouls.

Controls.
The use is key to go back to the initial menu.
Use Mouse Left to interact with the whole world.
Use A and D to move the camera.
Use Enter Key to pause the game.
Use M Key to mute music.

Credits.
Art and Code made by me.
Background music: RPG maker.

Attachments

Last edited:

jackrucel

please fix your spelling
did you even play the game? :\
well,Since you are already here,Would you mind pointing out my spelling mistakes?
I'm genuinely asking.

edit:I'm trying to edit my post, but this message keeps popping up =/, I'll try again later.

"The following error occurred:
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator."

Last edited:

Geoff Jones

Good on you for finishing your first game. Its an interesting idea. Was it inspired by anything in particular? I found it a bit confusing as to what I was supposed to do. My cubed kept dying even though I seemed to be keeping them fed. I very quickly ended up with 0 soul things left. I guess the game is over at that point?

jackrucel

Good on you for finishing your first game. Its an interesting idea. Was it inspired by anything in particular? I found it a bit confusing as to what I was supposed to do. My cubed kept dying even though I seemed to be keeping them fed. I very quickly ended up with 0 soul things left. I guess the game is over at that point?
Thank you so much for playing : D.

The inspiration came from a flash game I played a long time ago, I can not remember the name = /

When you get 3 or fewer souls, it becomes impossible to proceed, I was going to put a warning, but I tried to limit myself to 2 weeks not to exaggerate in the scopes of the game, a problem I had been having so far is that I always try to do something very big and complex and therefore I can never complete, for this reason I limited myself to 2 weeks and said to myself that in 2 weeks I had to have a game even if it is a bad game. kkk

about the minions die even with food, I was worried about the game being very easy so I put it in a way that you have to wait for the food to appear then create the first minion, otherwise a minion begins to eat the food of the other and consequently one of them dies of hunger kkk

But I've already started a new project, still trying to keep it simple and small so that I can complete and try to improve, a while back I heard a game developer saying that the best thing if you can do is "fail fast so that You can try again and again. " :D

Last edited:
G

GPG

my apologies, I was not trying to come off as rude. I just think thought that it would look more professional if you fixed some of the spelling errors. here is a list of spelling errors on the thread, 1:it's not spelled mi, is my. 2:you said keep them feed but I think you mean keep them fed. 3:you spelled could as cud. 4:you should always capitalize the letter I when refering to yourself, again, i'm not trying to be rude or condesending, I just think it will help you in the long run! -GPG

jackrucel

my apologies, I was not trying to come off as rude. I just think thought that it would look more professional if you fixed some of the spelling errors. here is a list of spelling errors on the thread, 1:it's not spelled mi, is my. 2:you said keep them feed but I think you mean keep them fed. 3:you spelled could as cud. 4:you should always capitalize the letter I when refering to yourself, again, i'm not trying to be rude or condesending, I just think it will help you in the long run! -GPG
naa it's fine :D , and you're right, after all, the goal is to improve, in fact, after you have said I started to think "why didn't I just use a simple online spell checker?" kkk

Anyway, thanks you for the feedback. :D

edit :I keep trying to change my post, but the message keeps appearing =/ , I'm going to contact an
adm to help me.

"The following error occurred:
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator."