Asset - Demo Texas Hold'em — Advanced Poker Asset [50% OFF]

G

Guest User

Texas Hold'em — A Poker Asset

What is Texas Hold'em Texas hold 'em is a variation of the card game of poker. Two cards, known as the hole cards, are dealt face down to each player, and then five community cards are dealt face up in three stages.

About the asset An advanced and outstanding Texas Hold'em asset that includes everything from the most popular poker game "Texas Hold'em", from the cards evaluation to poker bluffing to the tiniest details. This asset is dedicated to provide you with all what you need to know about creating a poker game, it involves an advanced AI along with poker bluffing to make it as realistic as possible.

Features
  • HD & gorgeous graphics
  • Minimum of 2 players and maximum of 5 [ You can edit it to add more ]
  • Super advanced AI
  • Poker Bluff
  • Game actions including
    • Check
    • Call
    • Raise
    • Re-Raise
    • All-in
    • Fold
  • Dealer, small blind, big blind, and under-the-gun.
  • All Texas Hold'em stages
    • Pre-flop
    • Flop
    • Turn
    • River
    • Showdown
  • Advanced and decent showdown.
    • Evaluate the winner
    • Split pot
    • Tie
  • This asset includes all Texas Hold'em evaluations, (from lowest to highest):
    • High cards
    • One pair
    • Two pairs
    • Three of a kind
    • Straight
    • Flush
    • Four of a kind
    • Straight flush
    • Royal flush
  • Third-party handy scripts
  • Well commented codes
  • Many more...!

DEMO

Texas Hold'em HD (1280x720)

Feedback Feedback regarding the design, gameplay, and performance is very welcome. Have fun!

Every bug is now fixed in version 1.4.3

This causes strange issues, especially at the last round, where it sometimes gives another player the win. Consider the screenshot below.
Player 3 and Player 4 have folded (which you can't see, that's a pity, perhaps you could show this?)
I am sure I never folded, but raised on the last go (since I have a pair of Kings). Directly after I raised, the game ended (which I consider strange) and it says Player 2 won with a pair of Queens...
Fixed the bug. Thanks so much to @HW. for pointing out a very critical bug in the system. Now fixed and everything works like a charm!

Thanks to @HW. again for his ongoing support and bugs reporting!

Thanks to @PeliStar and @Tthecreator for pointing out some bugs!

Changes in 1.4.3
  • Fixed the "All-in" bug occurred by the "Check" action

Changes in 1.4.2
  • Players cannot check in the pre-flop stage
  • Players now react to All-in and respond to it by going all-in, call if they have more money, and fold
  • You can now Bet 5, Bet 10, or Check if you are the first to play

Changes in 1.4.1
  • Fixed "Straight" function now it supports "A-10-J-Q-K" sequence!

Changes in 1.4.0

• Fixed "Pairs", now the player with higher pair wins. for example pair of "Kings" is better than pair of "Queens"
  • Added "f_pairs_control" script that solves the pairs problem
  • Fixed "Error: Can not resize a grid with a dimension of <=0"
  • Fixed "f_fold(big_blind) index isn't found" error
  • Fixed "Next Turn" when the last player "All-in"
  • Fixed "ds_grid_delete_row" function
  • Re-wrote the "Showdown" function now it is accurate and shorter than the old one
  • Re-wrote AI, now players have new tactics to take and they won't unfold unnecessarily
  • Added "Poker Bluff", now players can bluff!
  • Optimized most of the scripts and codes and improved the game speed and evaluation
  • Commented and documented most of the scripts
  • Removed debugging scripts and codes to remove confusion
  • Removed unnecessary codes and functions
  • Cleaner codes
The game rules are based on the following video

Please write a review if you like the asset and tell me your suggestions for improvement. If you found an error in my code, please contact me.

Check out my other assets!

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guest User

Version 1.4.3 is up now and everything is now fixed!

This causes strange issues, especially at the last round, where it sometimes gives another player the win. Consider the screenshot below.
Player 3 and Player 4 have folded (which you can't see, that's a pity, perhaps you could show this?)
I am sure I never folded, but raised on the last go (since I have a pair of Kings). Directly after I raised, the game ended (which I consider strange) and it says Player 2 won with a pair of Queens...
Fixed the bug. Thanks so much to @HW. for pointing out a very critical bug in the system. Now fixed and everything works like a charm!

Changes in 1.4.3

Changes in 1.4.2
  • Players now react to All-in and respond to it by going all-in, call if they have more money, and fold

Changes in 1.4.1

Changes in 1.4.0
  • Fixed "Pairs", now the player with higher pair wins. for example pair of "Kings" is better than pair of "Queens"
  • Re-wrote the "Showdown" function now it is accurate and shorter than the old one
  • Re-wrote AI, now players have new tactics to take and they won't unfold unnecessarily
  • Optimized most of the scripts and codes and improved the game speed and evaluation
  • Cleaner and codes

Today is the last day for the 75% discounts for this asset and the others. Don't miss your chance of getting this featured asset and my other assets :)

G

Guest User

The asset will be released tomorrow on Feb. 18th and thus all the discounts will end!

I also updated the project now every code is well commented and cleaned many scripts/codes.

Appsurd

Hi I decided to try out the example and found some, well eh, things that can be improved :)

1. See Screenshot

Three of the four CPU went bankrupt so maybe that's why this error?

2. Maybe this is a tactic, but in the screenshot below, the CPU folds unnecessarily, right?

This happens regularly, as well early game as late game. I once had 2 CPU's competing, and with the draw of the last card, the first CPU checked whereas the other literally had a chance to win, but directly folded instead. I wouldn't do this, but maybe you can explain the rule behind it :) Or perhaps change it in the engine.

3. If the cards are dealt the first time, there is one round in which people may call or raise, but I thought everybody has to respond on a raise. In other words, when player A calls, player B raises, then player C, player D, player E and player A have to respond to the raise of player B before any new cards are dealt, right? That's at least what I know Texas Hold'em is.

G

Guest User

@PeliStar Hey, ninja'd read the next post ;)
[EDIT ABOVE ^]
Here are some articles and videos I used to learn how to play Texas Hold'em.

What is Texas Hold'em
Texas hold 'em is a variation of the card game of poker. Two cards, known as the hole cards, are dealt face down to each player, and then five community cards are dealt face up in three stages.

Here are some links and articles that I used to help you understand the game

Here is a video that I am pretty sure you will find it useful

Found it fun to play? Get it now before the 25% discount ends soon!

G

Guest User

1. See Screenshot

Three of the four CPU went bankrupt so maybe that's why this error?
Weird, like really weird, never happened to me, even when they go bankrupt, they should've got removed from the game for being bankrupt. Did they bet all their money or went to the next game with empty pockets?

2. Maybe this is a tactic, but in the screenshot below, the CPU folds unnecessarily, right?

This happens regularly, as well early game as late game. I once had 2 CPU's competing, and with the draw of the last card, the first CPU checked whereas the other literally had a chance to win, but directly folded instead. I wouldn't do this, but maybe you can explain the rule behind it :) Or perhaps change it in the engine.
Depending on their cards, they play. I am pretty sure the CPU that folded didn't have a chance of winning. Although, I am pretty sure I should've stopped 2 last players from folding, but believe me when I tell you, the second player didn't have a chances, either a pair or nothing ;)

3. If the cards are dealt the first time, there is one round in which people may call or raise, but I thought everybody has to respond on a raise. In other words, when player A calls, player B raises, then player C, player D, player E and player A have to respond to the raise of player B before any new cards are dealt, right? That's at least what I know Texas Hold'em is.
I am not a Texas Hold'em expert but I am sure there is no rule like that (?) The only Texas Hold'em I played was a mini-game in Gun (an Xbox original game) on my Xbox.

I never seen them respond to a raise, or maybe I didn't pay attention to the details. I will check and update it as soon as possible once I confirm a bug.

I am sure I never folded, but raised on the last go (since I have a pair of Kings). Directly after I raised, the game ended (which I consider strange) and it says Player 2 won with a pair of Queens..
Hmm ... It might be a misunderstanding, how do you see this happening? just because you had a king and he had a queen doesn't mean you win (or at least that I thought)

Take a look at his cards: Q, J = 12 + 11 = 23
whereas your cards: K, 3 = 13 + 3 = 16
23 > 16
which lead to his winning. I also am not sure about this but please correct me if I am wrong, I am willing to update it as soon as possible :)

Thanks so much for your helpful report!

[EDIT]

Alright, MAYBE these are old DEMOS, lemme compile again and see!

[EDIT AGAIN]
Here is a new DEMO https://www.games.bitrunade.com/texasholdem/TexasHoldemNEW.exe

Appsurd

Weird, like really weird, never happened to me, even when they go bankrupt, they should've got removed from the game for being bankrupt. Did they bet all their money or went to the next game with empty pockets?
Yeah, all three of them bet all their money (all-in). The next game should start, but didn't and instead threw up this error.

Depending on their cards, they play. I am pretty sure the CPU that folded didn't have a chance of winning. Although, I am pretty sure I should've stopped 2 last players from folding, but believe me when I tell you, the second player didn't have a chances, either a pair or nothing ;)
Well, perhaps I might be wrong about the 2 player case then. Will test it a little more later.

I am not a Texas Hold'em expert but I am sure there is no rule like that (?) The only Texas Hold'em I played was a mini-game in Gun (an Xbox original game) on my Xbox.

I never seen them respond to a raise, or maybe I didn't pay attention to the details. I will check and update it as soon as possible once I confirm a bug.
Consider this section on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_hold_'em#Sample_hand
At the flop phase, it is clear that the round continues until all players who are still in have the same amount of money laid on the board.

Hmm ... It might be a misunderstanding, how do you see this happening? just because you had a king and he had a queen doesn't mean you win (or at least that I thought)

Take a look at his cards: Q, J = 12 + 11 = 23
whereas your cards: K, 3 = 13 + 3 = 16
23 > 16
which lead to his winning. I also am not sure about this but please correct me if I am wrong, I am willing to update it as soon as possible :)
The player always uses the best five cards at his disposal, so your calculation can't be right :(
Moreover, I'm pretty sure that a pair of kings ALWAYS wins from a pair of queens, if that's the highest both players have. Can't provide you with a link, sorry :(

[EDIT]

Alright, MAYBE these are old DEMOS, lemme compile again and see!

[EDIT AGAIN]
Here is a new DEMO https://www.games.bitrunade.com/texasholdem/TexasHoldemNEW.exe
Are you sure these were old or is it just checking to be sure? Anyway, I'll have a look at it :)

Thanks so much for your helpful report!
You're welcome! You did a great job already, since the hard part (the AI) seems to work rather nicely. Sometimes the AI is a little too enthousiastic (I think) such as going all-in on a possible straight for which he has about 1/4 chance to happen, but that's maybe just me ;)

EDIT

Your new version still acts strangely, look at the following start of the game.

Player I is SB and player II is BB so those are fine. But Player 3 has three options: either call (which is putting in 10), raise (putting in >10) or fold (put in nothing and be removed from the game). Checking is not an option...

G

Guest User

Yeah, all three of them bet all their money (all-in). The next game should start, but didn't and instead threw up this error.
Rare error. I don't know what happened but it should've removed the players. Anyhow, noted :)

Well, perhaps I might be wrong about the 2 player case then. Will test it a little more later.
I should know, it is a secret they know ;)

Consider this section on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_hold_'em#Sample_hand
At the flop phase, it is clear that the round continues until all players who are still in have the same amount of money laid on the board.
Thanks for providing the link! I should've studied more about the game but instead focused on making it. Pardon me for those errors but believe when I tell this is the hardest asset that I've ever played and created :( (noted)

The player always uses the best five cards at his disposal, so your calculation can't be right :(
Moreover, I'm pretty sure that a pair of kings ALWAYS wins from a pair of queens, if that's the highest both players have. Can't provide you with a link, sorry :(
I always doubted my scripts. Thanks for confirming the error. Again, noted :)

Are you sure these were old or is it just checking to be sure? Anyway, I'll have a look at it :)
Compiled it from the newest version of the asset (1.2.0) hoping to see a change.

You're welcome! You did a great job already, since the hard part (the AI) seems to work rather nicely. Sometimes the AI is a little too enthousiastic (I think) such as going all-in on a possible straight for which he has about 1/4 chance to happen, but that's maybe just me ;)
Thanks! yes, the AI was pretty frustrating to create and track every error in there. 145 lines of every possible outcome and how they should react. Please bare in mind that I won't stop updating this asset until everyone and I are satisfied with the final result (that means more work o_O )

Your new version still acts strangely, look at the following start of the game.

Player I is SB and player II is BB so those are fine. But Player 3 has three options: either call (which is putting in 10), raise (putting in >10) or fold (put in nothing and be removed from the game). Checking is not an option...
Okay now I am really lost. If the players already bet, then when is ever going to be a check? I am pretty sure that there is no betting has occured except for the blinds, I am gonna read it again but I am pretty sure that checking is for the under-the-gun and follows.

Yup, I will fix those errors as soon as possible!

[EDIT]

Thanks so much for @Tthecreator for pointing out some similar errors. I got a list of bugs and now the idea is finally clear. I hopefully can fix them and ship a new version soon :)

Sorry guys for this unfortunate event.

G

Guest User

New version! fixed reported bugs and fixed some other bugs!

Changes in 1.3.0

• Cleaned some codes
Get it now before the discount ends. I am very confident that this will be the biggest discount for this asset and I assure this is the last 75% off. 7 days left, your call!

G

Guest User

Version 1.4.2 is up now and everything is now fixed!

Changes in 1.4.2

Changes in 1.4.1

Changes in 1.4.0
  • Cleaner and codes

Today is the last day for the 75% discounts for this asset and the others. Don't miss your chance of getting this featured asset and my other assets :)

G

Guest User

Fixed some little bugs in version 1.4.3 and applied a 40% discount! Grab the featured and the only Texas Hold 'em asset and expand your mobile/html5 games portfolio!

Changes in 1.4.3

G

Guest User

For a limited time only! Discount will end after the release* of my upcoming asset, Hearts. Make sure you grab it before the discount ends!

* The release will probably be tomorrow so hurry up!

G

Guest User

50% OFF ALL MY CARD GAMES ASSETS!
Learn how to use data structures, build your AI, and improve your overall GameMaker skills with advanced card games assets! http://bit.ly/BTNDMP

BiTrunade

I have tested Texas Hold'em on GameMaker: Studio 2 and it was compatible with GMS2 without further modification.

Just import the asset into a project and it will work like a charm.