Portfolio - Audio I want to make music for your game (no pay)

Plisken

Hello. So one of my hobbies is composing video game music. It's nothing I strive to do professionally, but I really like doing it. I think it would be cool though to have my music featured in an actual game. I don't want any money (unless of course the game is being sold). My music would probably fit best in a platformer of some type. but maybe you could use it in something else. Here are some of my favorites.

https://soundcloud.com/chirstopher-morris/riding-river-v2

https://soundcloud.com/chirstopher-morris/the-fields-super-ultra-mega-better-2018-edition

https://soundcloud.com/chirstopher-morris/valcano-valley-v2

This is a piano piece I wrote for a friends story:

https://soundcloud.com/chirstopher-morris/theme-of-kuyah-final

G

Guest User

Sure. What kind of music would you like me to do? Any music you want it to sound like?
My game needs some action music. I don't know what I want it sound like... Your "riding river v2" sounds good, so maybe something like that but different.

Lolligirl

Europe Travel Girl
Just wanted to drop by and say very nice tunes! You manage to capture different feels and areas (fields, volcano, etc.) well by keeping their unique character intact. :)

Rob

Hey Plisken, let me know if you're looking for more work. I've started to work on a Turn Base Strategy medieval game in a low-fantasy setting.

Very early stages of development at the moment ;)

Plisken

My game needs some action music. I don't know what I want it sound like... Your "riding river v2" sounds good, so maybe something like that but different.

I'll see what I can do. Just to clearify though, is it needed for any specific instance (like a fight or chase scene) or do you just need background music?

G

Guest User

I'll see what I can do. Just to clearify though, is it needed for any specific instance (like a fight or chase scene) or do you just need background music?
I just need background music.

C

Celtech

Hey Plisken, we're looking for someone to do music for our game! It's a 2D 32bit RPG and quite a bit of music will be needed. If you're interested please shoot me an email: [email protected]

I know you said you don't want pay, but after our game goes up for sale on steam we have no issue splitting some of the profits with you for all your work. If this interests you and you want to know more let me know!

D

drowned

Hey what's up man? Do you do sound effects? Or ambient sounds, like a forest?

YawningDad

I enjoyed all the tracks, but Riding River is my favorite. I love the layers of sound and the energy of it. The piano piece is beautiful.

D

drowned

That is a cool track, it would be awesome for like an overworld forest or temple in a zelda-style RPG. My game doesn't have any normal background music though, just kind of like ambient sounds... like a fireplace in one scene, wind and thunder in another. I guess I was kind of imagining like insects droning/chirping, leaves rustling, that sort of thing. I know it's not really "music", was just wondering if you had anything on hand.

it would be awesome for like an overworld forest or temple in a zelda-style RPG.
It might be the "Saria's Song" motif playing in the background that's doing that for you, hahah.
I agree that it's a pretty good track, though, and I don't think it's wrong to "borrow" such a small slice of music - there are only so many riffs that sound good out there. I just recognized it right away, lol.

It's not just the last piece that's good, though. A lot of this stuff is really cool! Good work, Plisken! =D
I especially liked Riding River. The background stuff reminded me a bit of Chrono Trigger's battle music, in a really good way. It's not the same at all, but it gave off some of that same cool feeling. Really good!

Last edited:

Plisken

It might be the "Saria's Song" motif playing in the background that's doing that for you, hahah.
I agree that it's a pretty good track, though, and I don't think it's wrong to "borrow" such a small slice of music - there are only so many riffs that sound good out there. I just recognized it right away, lol.

It's not just the last piece that's good, though. A lot of this stuff is really cool! Good work, Plisken! =D
I especially liked Riding River. The background stuff reminded me a bit of Chrono Trigger's battle music, in a really good way. It's not the same at all, but it gave off some of that same cool feeling. Really good!

Thank you! a lot of people seem to like that one the most and i think I have to agree with them

Plisken

That is a cool track, it would be awesome for like an overworld forest or temple in a zelda-style RPG. My game doesn't have any normal background music though, just kind of like ambient sounds... like a fireplace in one scene, wind and thunder in another. I guess I was kind of imagining like insects droning/chirping, leaves rustling, that sort of thing. I know it's not really "music", was just wondering if you had anything on hand.

Ah ok. yeah I don't have anything like that I'm afraid