Released Neera: Dark Secrets (fast-paced Fantasy Action/RPG)

Mystmoir

Neera: Dark Secrets is a fast-paced Fantasy Action-RPG. Top Down and Pixel Art style.

Gameplay
Combat system contains four weapons and four attacks(normal, special, power and power special) for each weapon. There are two modes, Normal and Deadly.

Story
Neera is an investigator in a magical world full of mysteries. She has Hydromancy powers, she can create water weapons and bend the water. Neera came to the Azedac Kingdom while investigating the Kingdoms of Peace as a training mission, but she found something very dark, the Dark Secrets.

Your role is to solve the problems of the Azedac Kingdom and defeat the enemies and bosses for the peace using your magic and skills.

Game Content:

Download:
https://matin.itch.io/neera
Follow:

Twitter: www.twitter.com/MatinStudios
Facebook: www.facebook.com/matinstudios

Last edited:
B

Blakkid489

No alpha for everyone just yet? Fair enough

From the gif images (not screenshots btw lol) I like what I see. I plan to play the @%& outta this when you release some sort of demo my fellow developer

Cpaz

Interesting. I'd like to see more about the main game (main story/side quests or whatever). I'll be interested in playing it for sure.

B

Blakkid489

Just played it and well.. . . my expectations were high and. . . very well done.Nothing to really complain about since this is in early development so if anything, I hope there is gonna be some kick-ass battle music coming to this :D:D:D

Mystmoir

Just played it and well.. . . my expectations were high and. . . very well done.Nothing to really complain about since this is in early development so if anything, I hope there is gonna be some kick-ass battle music coming to this :D:D:D
Glad you like it, Thanks! :) I hope too. :D

Cpaz

Very impressive work so far! It's obviously not that much to go off of yet. But a very nice foundation!
I guess my only quip is that all weapons besides the sword (and maybe magic) seem unnecessary. Magic also seems it would feel more useful if you could move while using it, even slowly.

Mystmoir

Very impressive work so far! It's obviously not that much to go off of yet. But a very nice foundation!
I guess my only quip is that all weapons besides the sword (and maybe magic) seem unnecessary. Magic also seems it would feel more useful if you could move while using it, even slowly.
Thanks, I will try to make it. Btw, did you trying bow special attack? Hold Mouse Left click and press Space, then release mouse left click. ;)

O

Oyakiiv

though you did describe it as 'fast paced', judging from the gifs in you posts, there seems to be ALOT of kiting...

might I recomend a spells to trap or slow enemies? possibly with ice magic?

anyway I like the concept and would love to see more. will probably try out the demo soon.

Mystmoir

though you did describe it as 'fast paced', judging from the gifs in you posts, there seems to be ALOT of kiting...

might I recomend a spells to trap or slow enemies? possibly with ice magic?

anyway I like the concept and would love to see more. will probably try out the demo soon.
I already changed the speed, they don't attack or follow player on idle state now.
Glad you like it. :)

O

ottosparks

I like the look of this so far! Even in this early state, the combat shows some pretty good potential, and I'm digging the aesthetic choices you've made as well. Hope to see more!

F

F. Cole

Really like the style and how colorful everything is, might have to do some fan art for this one.

F

fridai

whoa this looks incredible, dynamic, beautiful, skillfull. At first i was thinking that the game was lagging because the mouse didnt really move into the position i wanted it to go, then i realized it changes also the camera that's why cursor never was where i wanted it to be. the only thing i would like to see change is an option to lock camera to character, not cursor, i'm not saying your game has to be like that. It's just the same problem "hyper light drifter" had, even if mechanics were 10/10 there was no option to lock camera to the character which made me angry because i was losing orientation of my character position in fight only because creator wanted some dynamic cameras.. Please brah... <3

i love your game but no cooldown on e dash is just XDDD...

-add hints for what to do for dialogue skippers? ;d

Last edited by a moderator:

Mystmoir

Really like the style and how colorful everything is, might have to do some fan art for this one.
Thanks! :)
whoa this looks incredible, dynamic, beautiful, skillfull. At first i was thinking that the game was lagging because the mouse didnt really move into the position i wanted it to go, then i realized it changes also the camera that's why cursor never was where i wanted it to be. the only thing i would like to see change is an option to lock camera to character, not cursor, i'm not saying your game has to be like that. It's just the same problem "hyper light drifter" had, even if mechanics were 10/10 there was no option to lock camera to the character which made me angry because i was losing orientation of my character position in fight only because creator wanted some dynamic cameras.. Please brah... <3

i love your game but no cooldown on e dash is just XDDD...

-add hints for what to do for dialogue skippers? ;d
Thanks, I'll keep these things in mind for the next games. I am not going to update this game anymore, it was supposed to be a practice project. :)

D

DyingSilence

Very nice art, quite an ok story. Is it intentional, that you cn redirect dashes through it's duration? The fighting is simple and a little bit grindy.
There were some moments in which i was just like "really...?", for example hearing that the hydrograndpa is called Wasser, or the queen telling you "before any requests, defeat those noisy crows".
What really impressed me was the pathfinding of monsters in the dungeon. How did you do that?

Geoff Jones

The screenshots look awesome!
however I get the following error on startup:
Code:
############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in Vertex Shader compilation
ShaderName: shd_col

D3DXCompile failed - result

at gml_Object_obj_bufly_Draw_0
############################################################################################
It happens when i open the game, select new game, then select normal difficulty.

Mystmoir

Very nice art, quite an ok story. Is it intentional, that you cn redirect dashes through it's duration? The fighting is simple and a little bit grindy.
There were some moments in which i was just like "really...?", for example hearing that the hydrograndpa is called Wasser, or the queen telling you "before any requests, defeat those noisy crows".
What really impressed me was the pathfinding of monsters in the dungeon. How did you do that?
Thanks! It was actually just a practice project to improve my skills. The feedback is appreciated, it's gonna help me in future. :)
Btw, the dugeon pathfinding is what I learned from Heartbeast's tutorials.
The screenshots look awesome!
however I get the following error on startup:
Code:
FATAL ERROR in Vertex Shader compilation
ShaderName: shd_col

D3DXCompile failed - result

at gml_Object_obj_bufly_Draw_0
It happens when i open the game, select new game, then select normal difficulty.
Thanks! You need these two installed: :)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429