• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Free Fallin FReD

T

Tem Matthews

This is a game I made when I first started out with Gamemaker. This project was meant to be a platformer but ended up being this. This game is free so download and have fun!

Controls
Arrow Keys - Move Left or Right
Space - Restart

UPDATE 1.1
- When FReD falls outside of the level the game displays a message and then restarts the level.

Fallin FReD_1.1 Download
www.mediafire.com/download/99cna9a3ccni3v6/Fallin_FReD_1.1.exe

Last edited by a moderator:

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Not a bad start. It's a simple arcade-style game with a simple objective and easy controls. The graphics are really minimal, and that's fine. But everything looks very flat and unexciting. So you might consider adding some depth and/or background features to add some visual interest.

I REALLY like your music choice. That light Bossa nova is very pleasing and bouncy -- even if it is a bit repetitious.

The gameplay is OK. It's fairly challenging. But the level-of-difficult progresses in the proper way, so players aren't overwhelmed too early. And when you die, the level re-starts so that's good.

However, there's a major flaw in the game: when the falling man (Fred) falls off the screen without hitting either a red (win) or a black (die) square, the level does NOT restart. So the game just hangs and the player must exit and re-start the game. That part should be easy to fix, and should be done so right away. Otherwise, the game isn't really playable.

But overall, this has promise. Add a few screenshots, so people can see what's it like, and you might get more plays.

cdgamedev

However, there's a major flaw in the game: when the falling man (Fred) falls off the screen without hitting either a red (win) or a black (die) square, the level does NOT restart. So the game just hangs and the player must exit and re-start the game. That part should be easy to fix, and should be done so right away. Otherwise, the game isn't really playable.
Controls
Arrow Keys - Move Left or Right
Space - Restart
It says that Space restarts the room. I don't know if this was added right now or not but the player does not have to
exit and re-start the game
Overall though I think the game is great. Its simple, a little difficult and enjoyable...

Still stuck though on the secret room though...