• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Beta Swipe Fu

G

Galax

Hey!

I am creating a game where you swipe ninjas away and try to survive on a bridge for the longest. It records your highscore.

GIF of gameplay
Download here!​
I have only:
  • Highscore
  • Retry
  • Stages (each stage it gets quicker) - [Max Stage Level 5]
I am planning on to add:
  • Ads
  • Cloud Saving
  • Skins
  • Buy Android Module (maybe, I found £140 one but I only have £90)
  • More

cidwel

Maybe you have better chance announcing also in a different media than a forum of game developers :p

Also, it is a windows executable for a game that seems to be heavily attached to a touch screen. I supose this is a proof of concept

I've downloaded it and managed to play it with mouse. It works.
as a hint, now that the gameplay is working fine, what would happen if you add different hilarious game schemes like a student trying to avoid distractions, or a PC avoiding to install Windows or a cat avoiding cucumbers?

G

Galax

I may make a cat Vs cucumber game mode. I am going to add things pop up from the edge of the screen or something. Any ideas?

Bump? Anyone know why I am getting no downloads?
Just a few possible reasons:
1. You have not provided any screenshots in your post. I know you have a link to a GIF, but a lot of people will prefer to see images without having to go through a link to it.
2. Your gamejolt page is basically blank. You have no screenshots, no banner/header, and barely any detail on the game. I know it is EA at the moment, but you should still probably sort those out so it's more than almost a blank page.
3. You could try uploading to itch.io as well as gamejolt.
4. You waited less than 24 hours before wondering why you have not had any/many downloads. Not everyone is in the same timezone as you, so you need to be patient.

G

Galax

Just a few possible reasons:
1. You have not provided any screenshots in your post. I know you have a link to a GIF, but a lot of people will prefer to see images without having to go through a link to it.
2. Your gamejolt page is basically blank. You have no screenshots, no banner/header, and barely any detail on the game. I know it is EA at the moment, but you should still probably sort those out so it's more than almost a blank page.
3. You could try uploading to itch.io as well as gamejolt.
4. You waited less than 24 hours before wondering why you have not had any/many downloads. Not everyone is in the same timezone as you, so you need to be patient.
I am waiting on an artist to make some more art for my game, he is freelance so I am having to wait a long time. He is great though! I am adding pictures soon but I am very busy and it is hard to take a screenshot when playing ?
My Gamejolt page is blank because I am bad at art. I may ask in off topic or something.

Sorry. I will be more now.

Speccy