Asset - Shaders LUT Color Correction

MusNik

Download: https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/4505/lut-color-correction

LUT shader is allowing you to use RGB lookup tables that provides you to make any color correction in your game for changing style, mood, making post effects and full color grading. You can actually "port' any color correction from your favorite image editor to GameMaker with a special texture that all correction should be made on.

Share your own LUTs sets in the comments!

Demo: Download

Features:
  • Color grading with LUTs.
  • Use your favorite color corrections from any image editor.
  • Can be used without application surface.
  • Pretty fast for complex color corrections.
  • Optimized, clean and commented code.
  • Perfect work on all platforms - Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS and other.
  • Technical support for all who purchased.
  • And even more.
You need intermediate knowledge of GML to use.

Please write a review if you like the asset and tell me your suggestions for improvement.
If you found an error in my code or my English, please contact me ;)

Last edited:
This is so weird. I was working on a LUT shader a month ago. And then the very day before I was going to post about it on here, someone else has taken care of it. I'm wondering if there's any point now in posting my version of it. Mine uses a 16 x 16 x 16 LUT per palette, and uses interpolation to smooth the blue channel. I'm not sure what other technical differences there could possibly be between our two shaders.

MusNik

8 CUSTOM LUTS PACK #1

Download first LUT pack for the shader and bring new style to your games!

And share you own of course ;)

Last edited:
L

lord_berto

Hello, i have a question. (It work very great btw)
Is it possible to use for instances that use draw_sprite_ext with c_black as its color?
i have objects that self draw shadows and i must use c_black in order to represent shadows. i cannot seem to get the lut to work with c_black.
thanks.

S

srchaos

Very nice, but i have a issue... why my background doesn't take the shader?

M

milch

hey, thanks for the awesome color grading tool!

i'm using gms2 and pretty much no matter what LUT correction I try, it always gives me this crazy black background

upload_2018-1-21_15-50-16.png

did someone else have this problem?

MusNik

Hey, @milch!
How did you draw your background? You should know that shaders works strange on a standart primitive drawing functions like draw_rectangle and stuff.
You will need to draw scaled sprite or use draw_primitive_'s.

Last edited:
M

milch

Hey, @milch!
How did you draw your background? You should know that shaders works strange on a standart primitive drawing functions like draw_rectangle and stuff.
You will need to draw scaled sprite or use draw_primitive_'s.
hey there!
my background consists of tile layers... but the shader also does the crazy stuff on objects that have sprites attached (just draw_self)
thanks for your help

M

milch

Hey, @milch!
Contact me on: [email protected] and send me an example source file.
haha alright i'm just a total idiot xD It seems to work now, at least with the right colors... I just followed the tutorial again, not sure what I did different this time o__o
however, there seems to be a different problem now... no matter what depth i set the end shader object to (-16000), it always stops at around -500
(create event o_shader_end:
depth = -16000
)

I will send you my project file as well! Thanks for the super good customer service

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Hi, please fix the links.
How we can make LUTs ourselves?
To make LUTs on your own, you can follow these steps:
1 - Take a screenshot of your game;
2 - Have the standard LUT image in hand, like this one;
3 - Open an image editor, I recommend Photoshop, but any will do;
4 - Open the screenshot of the game;
5 - In a new layer, paste the LUT image;
6 - Start modifying the colors above the two layers, this way, the LUT image and the game screenshot will be affected by the changes;
7 - Once satisfied with the result, export the LUT image in png;

FHD

To make LUTs on your own, you can follow these steps:
1 - Take a screenshot of your game;
2 - Have the standard LUT image in hand, like this one;
3 - Open an image editor, I recommend Photoshop, but any will do;
4 - Open the screenshot of the game;
5 - In a new layer, paste the LUT image;
6 - Start modifying the colors above the two layers, this way, the LUT image and the game screenshot will be affected by the changes;
7 - Once satisfied with the result, export the LUT image in png;
Thank you very much. 🙏🙏👍👍