• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

mouse_check_button_pressed(mb_left) not triggering fast enough on iOS

I have a simple step function on an object with :

if (mouse_check_button_pressed(mb_left)) {
show_debug_message("IN!!");
}
if (mouse_check_button_released(mb_left)) {
show_debug_message("OUT!!");
}

When i click as fast as I can in the yoyo runner with my mouse, everything works correctly and all messages corresponding to clicks and releases are displayed.

When I tap as fast as I can on my iPhone, only about half of the taps are triggered. It tried setting the
gesture_double_tap_time(0.0) and increasing the gesture_drag_time(0.3) but those only play a role in the gesture events. I don't want to use the tap gesture event since i was triggering even less than in the step function.

M

mst3kdavid

I have a simple step function on an object with :

if (mouse_check_button_pressed(mb_left)) {
show_debug_message("IN!!");
}
if (mouse_check_button_released(mb_left)) {
show_debug_message("OUT!!");
}

When i click as fast as I can in the yoyo runner with my mouse, everything works correctly and all messages corresponding to clicks and releases are displayed.

When I tap as fast as I can on my iPhone, only about half of the taps are triggered. It tried setting the
gesture_double_tap_time(0.0) and increasing the gesture_drag_time(0.3) but those only play a role in the gesture events. I don't want to use the tap gesture event since i was triggering even less than in the step function.
try putting it in the mouse button pressed/released event instead of step event. doubt it will change much good luck

CloseRange

when you tap fast GM registures double tap as right click
if you don't need double tapping then do this:
Code:
device_mouse_dbclick_enable(false);
then set it to true when you need it again