iOS Wind Rider - iOS + Android

Ruimm

Hi all!
Happy to show my second game made with GM.
Wind Runner is an endless runner where the player runs on some wind waves (or something...)

The game will be available for iOS and Android and will F2P with your usual ads and iAPs :)

Here's a gameplay gif (will add more as development progresses) :)

0.Bytes

So clean and minimalist, I loved the concept, looks great so far !

Ruimm

Here's a small update :)
Worked on coins, animations and other details! I'm really happy with the way this is turning out :D

W

Whirlpoolio

Could you shed some light on how you made this in another post?

Ruimm

Maybe how you made the curved, random lines? And a distance measurer
About the Lines:
The lines are procedurally generated. They are made by a string of points (X and Y coordinates stored in arrays). Each point is adjusted so that it always keeps the same distance from the point in front of it. Then I move the first point so that all others follow. The lines are drawn using triangle strip to create the shape.
The movement is made by applying impulses using Verlet Physics (I have a library on the market place that I'm using for this https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/5239/verlet-physics-and-examples) towards specific targets placed in front of the lines at random heights to get a wavy movement. Once a line gets close enough to the target I start adding forces towards the next target and so on. By using impulses and physics I can get smooth movements.
I can get into more detail if there is something specific that you want to know.

I don't understand what you mean by "distance measurer"?

W

Whirlpoolio

About the Lines:
The lines are procedurally generated. They are made by a string of points (X and Y coordinates stored in arrays). Each point is adjusted so that it always keeps the same distance from the point in front of it. Then I move the first point so that all others follow. The lines are drawn using triangle strip to create the shape.
The movement is made by applying impulses using Verlet Physics (I have a library on the market place that I'm using for this https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/5239/verlet-physics-and-examples) towards specific targets placed in front of the lines at random heights to get a wavy movement. Once a line gets close enough to the target I start adding forces towards the next target and so on. By using impulses and physics I can get smooth movements.
I can get into more detail if there is something specific that you want to know.

I don't understand what you mean by "distance measurer"?
Where is says 50m etc

M

milch

i looove the style of this! it works very well, the sprinting makes it look fun :D you could add some more interest by making the character stretch and squish when you jump/land

Ruimm

My recommendation would be to have a background and maybe some gradience at the top.
I thought about some backgrounds but since the player is always moving it would have to be a procedural, seamless background. Also I kinda like it the way it is so I might just leave it with a flat color.
I don't think a gradient would fit with the rest of the visual style where everything is flat :)

John Andrews

Living Enigma
Wow this looks awesome dude! The graphics go very well with the gameplay style and it isn't a complex game yet it looks fun and entertaining, very good job mah boi ;)

Ruimm

Here's a mockup for the main menu. I know a main menu may not be very interesting but I find UI so hard to do that I wanted to share :p
p.s. the character on the logo will be animated :)

Ruimm

haven't updated this thread in a while because most of my work lately has been developing technical stuff (UI, save systems, etc...)
But... as with all F2P games Wind Rider will have characters to unlock and here are some of them :)

Ruimm

it's been a while since I've posted anything so I just wanted to share that things are moving (slower than I wanted) and the game should be out in the following weeks :) Already got pretty much everything working on Android and here's a first version working on an iPad :)

Hope to have a trailer soon and I'll be asking for beta testers then :)

Ruimm

Hi.... been a long time since I posted anything but development has not stopped (even if it is going slower than I wanted) :)
so, here's a gameplay video. The game should be out in the following weeks for iOS, Android and, a few weeks after, to web browsers.

Final game will also have a bunch of extras not showed on the video.
Looking forward to any comments or criticism. :)

E

elkranio

Video looks nice. I suggest making a softer sound for the dash though.

Ruimm

Hi everyone :)

I'm reaching the final stages of the game and I'm currently looking for Beta testers on iOS and Android :D
Any one wanting to get a copy of the game can reach me through this post, PM or using the email: games dot ruim at gmail dot com :)

Here's the pre-release trailer :)