• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

3D Q:views in 3d

Z

zendraw

so im fairly new with 3d and i was wondering can game maker have an orthagonal view or projection, while in 3d mode? like how it is in blender.

T

The Sentient

If you are good with Matrices, you can have any type of view that you can imagine.

Z

zendraw

that rings no bells, but you can direct me to a source for me to check it out if its ok with you.
but overall your sayng you cant do that with just using what game maker offers you?

Z

zendraw

so drom some testing, with what ziphold suggested, id have to calculate the rotations and etc to a specific angle. altho theyr flat, you have no 3d controll over the view.
otherwise setting d3d set perspective doesnt seem to do anything, but the most close to the orthographic view from blend is just setting the angle to 45 in d3d set projection ext.

Z

zendraw

so just to update, ive achived what i want by messing with the transform functions.
these 2 create the desired effect for me
Code:
    d3d_transform_set_rotation_axis(0, 0, 1, direction);
    d3d_transform_add_rotation_x(-45);
basically they make the object rotate to the direction while being leaned back a bit.

PS: this in combo with the ortho projection.