• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

how can an object fly in physics?

M

mohammad

how can i make an object in physics world fly for a while and then come back to the ground? I looked up on this a lot but couldn't find anything useful

chamaeleon

how can i make an object in physics world fly for a while and then come back to the ground? I looked up on this a lot but couldn't find anything useful
It would probably help if you defined what "fly" means to you. Fly like a bird, or fly through the air like a thrown rock? Something else?

M

mohammad

It would probably help if you defined what "fly" means to you. Fly like a bird, or fly through the air like a thrown rock? Something else?
lift off the ground to a certain degree and then come back after a while

chamaeleon

lift off the ground to a certain degree and then come back after a while
Given, presumably, a constant gravity in the room, apply a force in the opposite direction that is greater than the gravity to make it lift, change the force to be equal to the gravity effect and it will hover, reset the force to 0 and it will drop to the ground.