• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Online Programming

H

harlie777

Hello! I was wondering if anyone has a solution for the problem I am having.
I want to create a multiplayer online game with little to no buffer between clients. The problem is that when I am using this plugin it has issues with objects not always aligning on both screens before then jumping to the position on the other clients screen to catch up. I don't really know anything about online coding and was wondering if knows how to fix this method or knows a better one.

The plugin I am using is at this website: https://gmnet-engine.org/engine/
It's called Gmnet engine

The-any-Key

I want to create a multiplayer online game with little to no buffer between clients
Ahh. You are new to this, aren't you? :)

Buffers is the head ingredient when sending messages from one player to another. With some practice you will know what to do.

issues with objects not always aligning on both screens before then jumping to the position
You need to create a network architecture that handle this. You can check my tutorial on GMnet and create a server-is-king. It will help you align and move objects between players.

Last edited: