Forum Game Murder Mystery [Role Playing] [10/10]

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
Welcome to Murder Mystery!

Welcome to my first role playing game on the GMC. I had this idea a while back, but wasn't sure how it'd go over.
I want to host a murder mystery for the lovely members of the GMC!

I think 10 is a good number to draw this out as much as possible, while it is a murder mystery, it is still a role play.
Have fun, go wild, and try not to get caught!

The game works as follows:
I set a base scenario for the game, this time around it's a cruise!
Ten of you are going to be invited to the cruise, and one of you will be killed off a few turns in by another.
The murderer and the victim will be notified via PM of their status in the game.
If you want to be the murderer, or for some reason the victim, let me know prior to game start via PM. DON'T SAY IT IN THE TOPIC!

The game has very few in the way of actual rules:
You can do almost anything except create alternate dimensions. [Law of Bound Dimension]
Everything is governed by rolls of 0 - 6. 0 means utter failure, 6 is better than you wished for, 3 is exactly as you wanted and so forth.
You can do multiple things in one turn, but each thing is governed by it's own roll. I'm setting a limit at 5 rolled actions per post and one post per turn.
Magic is allowed, I have no set rules on its use but will warn if I think it's too drastic.

I will reveal set clues as to who killed the victim every few turns, and they can be acknowledged or ignored by passengers.
You can do anything you wish on the cruise, but remember if the killer is caught the game ends. So do with that what you will.

Join the game, introduce your character, and have fun!

The game will start once all ten slots are filled, and will be updated on Fridays [Pacific Time].

You received the following invitation in the mail:
You are invited to board the luxurious cruise ship, Titanic II, on her maiden voyage!
We have 10 empty rooms to fill, and we will on a first come first serve basis.
The rooms are all expense paid, so go crazy! Drinks are on us, so is the food!
Enjoy! ~Captain Lusgrave of Titanic II

N

nvrogers

Admiral Walter Reginald III twists the ends of his glorious mustache as he accepts the invitation. He adjusts his eye patch with one hand and reaches out to grab his cane with the other. Just before walking out the door, he unsheathes the sword hidden within his cane in order to check its sharpness. Satisfied, Walter walks out his front door and begins to head towards the shipyard.

G

Guest User

*signup*
Backstory? Some Japanese guy on a cruise, meh. Might build more backstory into my actions as game progresses. (I can already tell I'm going to be the victim so no point elaborately explaining my past.)

L

Laura

Lady Nym accepts this prestigious invitation. It would be a nice change of scenery for her, after what happened with her husband.

Mercerenies

Deputy Jon Cooper, a by-the-books police officer of three years, received a letter inviting him aboard a luxurious cruise ship last night. He places a small concealed handgun in his pocket and a knife in his shoe. He doesn't like carrying the gun and he hates using it even more, but he carries it at the Sheriff's insistence.

Sigh, it's just a weekend aboard a cruise ship. I'm not even on duty. What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:

johnwo

Ship machinist Boris the Bulldog, a stoical, illiterate brute that knows nothing more than keeping a ship's engine running.

His perception of the world is somewhat warped, as if he's constantly observing it through the bottom of a mason jar filled with vodka.
He's been invited on the cruise due to his devotion for keeping the other ships in the cruise line up and running for over two decades.

While contrary to his nature, he welcomes the opportunity to unwind for a while. Although, deep down, he'd rather be down in the trenches together with the other machinists,

Ragster

Archaeologist Zebulon Pennington (or just Zeb for short) receives an envelope from his specially trained Myna bird named Aiden, who fetched his mail from the local post office. After reading the message, Zeb feels much dismay in going on a cruise. In his previous excavation, Zeb discovered an underground temple, and from it he stole an extremely rare and cursed artifact. From that day on Zeb was cursed with very, VERY unfortunate luck, but is very persistent on keeping the artifact instead of replacing it in an attempt to remove the curse.

Even though a cruise over open water on a ship named after the Titanic sounds like a hot-spot for bad luck, Zeb and Aiden both decide to attend the cruise.

G

Guest User

I'm going to be a spoilsport and drop out before it's begun... :p
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
Aw, what the heck man!?

Sorry I didn't start the game yesterday, I'm actually pretty sick right now, I apologise.
I will start it when I'm not so ill, please be patient...

G

Guest User

Oh no not your fault at all :eek: Not dropping out because it didn't begin already, things came up in real life and I'm unable to play. Apologies. 3:

M

MikeDark_x

Lukan, I was about to bring a stick to poke... that used to be the treatment gm's got in the past if there was no update... but since you have been sick, I won't use the stick

Now I could poke Kousenai... I loved the concept of Spu... but whatever this Mafia err Murder Mystery looks interesting

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
Poking not required. I am no longer sick, nor otherwise occupied.
Let the game begin!

Day 1, 12:00 PM
"This is the Captain speaking, welcome to the maiden voyage of the Titanic II.
I hope you all enjoy yourselves, we will be departing from the dock shortly.
Until then, please enjoy yourselves!" Captain Lusgrave's voice rings out over the PA system.

There is multiple small gatherings of other shipmates on various decks:
-The main ballroom has live music and most of the rich cruise-goers
-Cargo bay 2 has the lower class tenants throwing a mixer of their own
-The Captain's quarters has a good chunk of the superior staff having a party too

The Captain's voice comes back for a brief message:
"You may explore the ship all you want, but please remember that Cargo Bay Epsilon is not to be entered under any circumstances!"

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
I have decided to update as actions are posted. Seems more fun to update as much as possible instead of once a week.
I enter Cargo Bay Epsilon.
Roll - 2

You, hearing the Captain ward everyone away from Cargo Bay Epsilon, naturally look to the nearest map of the ship.
You find no Cargo Bay Epsilon, but there is an empty area on the map in the cargo hold area.
Assuming that's where Epsilon is, you rush right off.

As you approach the area you start to feel hopeless and empty. The closer you get, the more hollow you feel.

You pass out and wake up in your room.

N

nvrogers

Walter, being a military man of high authority, strolls confidently onto the ship's bridge and asks for a tour of the various controls.

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
Go Back to Cargo Bay Epsilon
Roll - 6[SUPER!]
Ever the annoyance to not only himself, but everyone around, Roy returns to Epsilon.
This time he feels more powerful, he walks right up to the doors to the bay.

As he reaches out for the door, he feels waves of power emanating from the bay.
Just as he touches the door, the feeling vanishes. The area feels normal again.

He opens the door to find... The corpse of Boris, his shipmate!
A smashed mason jar that smells of vodka lays next to his mangled lump of a body.
There also appears to be... Glowing foot prints leading to the solid wall of the cargo bay?

Walter, being a military man of high authority, strolls confidently onto the ship's bridge and asks for a tour of the various controls.
Roll - 4
Walter walks into the staff's party and insists that the Captain show him how to work the ship.
After a bit of arguing with Lusgrave, he gives in and gives Walter, not only a full lesson in ship operations, but gives him the ship's wheel fr a bit.
What's the worst that could happen, right?

N

nvrogers

Walter waits for the approach of a particularly large wave, and, with the appropriate timing, turns the ship broadside to it and cuts the engines.

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
I drag the body with me to the ship's bridge.
ROLL - 6...
You manage to drag the mangled remains of Boris to the bridge... 6 decks above you...
Nobody knows how the hell you did it, but you did.
The captain looks rather worried, but not about the corpse that you've just presented the crew with.

Walter waits for the approach of a particularly large wave, and, with the appropriate timing, turns the ship broadside to it and cuts the engines.
ROLL - 1
His attention was more focused on Walter trying to capsize the ship. Luckily Lusgrave shoves walter away from the controls before he can cut the engines and corrects course before the wave hits.
Walter breaks his arm as he falls off the Captain's Platform onto the floor of the bridge.

"GET THAT RIDICULOUS MAN OFF MY BRIDGE!" Lusgrave shouts to some ensigns.
"Maybe remove the corpse and question that multicoloured man too."

N

nvrogers

Walter springs up from the floor, his military training affording him a high tolerance for pain. Using his good arm, throws the corpse at the ensigns. He then unsheathes his cane-sword and uses it to restrain Lusgrave. Meanwhile, he uses his newly-unhinged arm as a makeshift nunchaku, which he wildly flails at the rest of the crew. He pas no mind to the multicolored man. During this time, Walter shouts proudly, "Long live the British Empire!"

R

roytheshort

I join in the fray and viciously attack the ensigns and captain, in the meantime pressing as many buttons as possible on the bridge.

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
Walter springs up from the floor, his military training affording him a high tolerance for pain. Using his good arm, throws the corpse at the ensigns. He then unsheathes his cane-sword and uses it to restrain Lusgrave. Meanwhile, he uses his newly-unhinged arm as a makeshift nunchaku, which he wildly flails at the rest of the crew. He pas no mind to the multicolored man. During this time, Walter shouts proudly, "Long live the British Empire!"
ROLL - 5
Walter rises from the floor with all the fury of a raging dragon.
He uses his good arm, he whips the well over 300 pound dead Boris into the pool of ensigns. Many of them die on impact.
He backflips back onto the Captain's Platform and holds Lusgrave against the console with his cane-sword.
Meanwhile, he frantically beats off the ensigns who swarm him with his fractured arm.

I join in the fray and viciously attack the ensigns and captain, in the meantime pressing as many buttons as possible on the bridge.
ROLL - 6!
Roy practically tap dances on the control board of the ship. She lurches port to starboard and back, throwing many ensigns to there cold wet deaths into the sea.
He knocks Lusgrave to the floor on his dancing spree.

R

roytheshort

I steal Lusgrave's hat and declare myself captain of this ship! I am Captain Roy! I quickly open all the valves and fuel refilling stations and pretty much everything, flooding the ship with water.

I start foaming at the mouth and screaming the numbers "6 6 6". I engrave a pentagram into the center of the bridge using Boris's blood and summon The Dark Lord.

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
I steal Lusgrave's hat and declare myself captain of this ship! I am Captain Roy! I quickly open all the valves and fuel refilling stations and pretty much everything, flooding the ship with water.

I start foaming at the mouth and screaming the numbers "6 6 6". I engrave a pentagram into the center of the bridge using Boris's blood and summon The Dark Lord.
ROLL - 1
You somehow manage to break every bone in both of your hands in an attempt to steal Lusgrave's hat.
You then try to press the release all button, but it requires a hand scan, your now maimed hand stumps can't trigger the release.
In a least-ditch feeble effort, you use the blood from Boris's corpse to do a satanic ritual and Summon the Dark Lord.
Instead, you summon a swarm of underpants gnomes. They set up residence in your underpants.

R

roytheshort

I use my teeth to tear off the heads of the underpants gnomes, and I use their blood and deaths to create a bigger more satisfying pentagram. I throw their tiny corpses to fend off the captain and remaining ensigns, then I summon the Demonic Gnome From Hell to do my bidding.

N

nvrogers

Walter uses kung fu to push the crew and the multicolored man out of the room. He then locks the door, all the while holding Lusgrave hostage with his cane-sword. Walter then sets course for the East coast of the United States and pushes the engines to maximum power. The sun shall not set on the British Empire.

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
The rolls were a unanimous 6!
I use my teeth to tear off the heads of the underpants gnomes, and I use their blood and deaths to create a bigger more satisfying pentagram. I throw their tiny corpses to fend off the captain and remaining ensigns, then I summon the Demonic Gnome From Hell to do my bidding.
Roytheshort
Minions: Demonic Gnome from Hell

Roy reaches into his underpants and grabs all of the gnomes who reside within. He uses his teeth to rip their cute little heads off of their bodies, then uses the fresh blood the touch up his pentagram. He whips the corpses at a small rushing group of ensigns... They explode on impact, as gnomes are very volatile once beheaded.
Roy succeeds in summoning the demonic Gnome from Hell. The beast is bound to him.

Walter uses kung fu to push the crew and the multicolored man out of the room. He then locks the door, all the while holding Lusgrave hostage with his cane-sword. Walter then sets course for the East coast of the United States and pushes the engines to maximum power. The sun shall not set on the British Empire.
Walter kung fus the crew and Roy out of the room. He was too late to stop the satanic gnome sacrifice, however. He does manage to get everyone but himself and the Captain off the bridge.
He manages to set course for the East Coast of the United States. He will reclaim this land in the name of the Queen!

R

roytheshort

I get the Demonic Gnome from Hell to destroy the door to the bridge, and I initiate combat with Walter. I immediately pierce the center of my hand and release some more blood in the middle of the room, and start chanting.

6 6 6. 6 6 6. 6 6 6.

Immediately the gates to hell are opened here on the bridge, I do not have control over those but the screams from the depths of hell should keep Walter busy for a while. I immediately press as many buttons as possible, especially the "release all fuel" button and the "fire emergency torpedoes" button, directed back at the ship.

I get my Demonic Gnome to breath fire onto Walter.

I turn on the ship music and speak into the coms.

"This is your new captain speaking, you are all going to die, my friends."

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
Locations:
Cargo Bay Epsilon [incinerated]
Bridge [badly damaged]
Ballroom
Gate to Hell

Roytheshort
I get the Demonic Gnome from Hell to destroy the door to the bridge, and I initiate combat with Walter. I immediately pierce the center of my hand and release some more blood in the middle of the room, and start chanting.

6 6 6. 6 6 6. 6 6 6.

Immediately the gates to hell are opened here on the bridge, I do not have control over those but the screams from the depths of hell should keep Walter busy for a while. I immediately press as many buttons as possible, especially the "release all fuel" button and the "fire emergency torpedoes" button, directed back at the ship.

I get my Demonic Gnome to breath fire onto Walter.

I turn on the ship music and speak into the coms.

"This is your new captain speaking, you are all going to die, my friends."]
Roytheshort ROLL - 3

The Gnome tears through the crowd of ensigns blocking the door to the bridge, killing most of them. The hallway, now filling with a sea of blood, drianed into the bridge when the Gnome tore through the door.

Roy opens the gate to Hell on the bridge by shooting blood and chanting the sacred number!
Walter is distracted from his declaration writing by the lamented screams of his long lost loved ones, now burning in the fiery depth of Hell.
Roy uses this lapse in Walter's focus to smash every button he could reach.

The fueling ports open and the torpedoes are immediately shot into them, the back half of the ship is incinerated instantly.
The Gnome sets Walter alight with his flame breath.

Captain Roy announces that they're all going to die now.

nvrogers
Walter calmly sits down and drafts a declaration of war unto America.
Walter R0LL - 0[BOOOOO!]

Walter starts to write up his declaration of war on America, but he somehow stabs himself in the groin with his 19th century quill.
He turns because he hears the sad screams of his mother from the now flaming pentagram behind him.
As he turns, he bursts into flames and runs screaming out of the bridge.

Mercerenies
Deputy Cooper heads over to the ballroom and looks for a bar area. It is a luxury cruise after all; might as well have a good time.
Roll - 6!

You get offered a platter of drinks and a private table surrounded by scantily clad women upon arrival to the ballroom.

The ship stays afloat somehow, tough all of the Cargo Bays are now incinerated.

Mercerenies

((Would Cooper have any idea that any of this gate to Hell and explosion stuff is going on? Any noises or anything? He is a cop, after all, so his alertness would be pretty good.))

R

roytheshort

I order my Gnome to continue pressing buttons on the bridge to fire torpedoes.

I jump in the Gate to Hell and create another gate out of hell, leading directly to the ballroom. I steal some sunglasses and guns from the demons around me and shoot up the ballroom, dual wielding my weapons, I grab a drink using residual demonic power and drink it.

I dramatically drop the empty weapons and put on the sunglasses.

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
Yeah, I'd think so. I was wondering why you casually strolled to the ballroom, lol.
This has turned into a free for all... Chances are you'll always roll a high number.

Mercerenies

(Honestly, I wasn't expecting there to be conflict so early, so I just went somewhere.)

Deputy Cooper hears a commotion downstairs and instinctively places his hand on his holster. "Ladies, stay here." He takes a large gulp from one of the drinks and then rushes downstairs.

N

nvrogers

Walter, with his last breath, sacrifices himself to himself, thus summoning himself from depths of hell, where he was because he died after summoning himself.

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
trohsehtyoR
I order my Gnome to continue pressing buttons on the bridge to fire torpedoes.

I jump in the Gate to Hell and create another gate out of hell, leading directly to the ballroom. I steal some sunglasses and guns from the demons around me and shoot up the ballroom, dual wielding my weapons, I grab a drink using residual demonic power and drink it.

I dramatically drop the empty weapons and put on the sunglasses.
ROLL - 5!

Roy tells the gnome to fire more torpedoes, but there are no more!

Roy steps onto the Pentagram, flames envelop him and he disappears.
He reappears is a swirling vortex of flames, surrounded by demons of only the coolest caliber.
He grabs some sweet shades and a couple uzis from the demons, Satan high fives him as he flies downward into the vortex.
He throws another handful of his blood and chats a bit, the blood forms into a pentagram and flames envelop him again.

A fireball erupts in the center of the Ballroom, and bullets fly wildly out of it in every direction.
Every ensign in the room is killed instantly, but most other passengers are only grazed or gravely wounded.

A chalice of pure evil appears, and all of the alcohol in the room floats toward it. When the liquid touches the chalice it turns blood red.
When all of the drinks in the room empty themselves into the chalice, Roy slams the drink back.

Mercerenies
(Honestly, I wasn't expecting there to be conflict so early, so I just went somewhere.)

Deputy Cooper hears a commotion downstairs and instinctively places his hand on his holster. "Ladies, stay here." He takes a large gulp from one of the drinks and then rushes downstairs.
ROLL - 3

Cooper hears a lot of noise coming from the main part of the ballroom, and instinctively places his hand on his holster.
He peeks around the corner to see a blaze of flames shooting everybody.
He whispers a few words of warning to the scantily clad trollops in his booth and holds his ground at the edge of the doorway.

nvrogers
Walter, with his last breath, sacrifices himself to himself, thus summoning himself from depths of hell, where he was because he died after summoning himself.
ROLL - 6!

Walter creates a demonically magical paradox with his last breath. He becomes both living and dead, held in this world only by sheer force of will and the ungodly powers of human sacrificial magic.Walter is now immortal. God himself couldn't kill him. He is surrounded by a cloud of sorrow and death.

Last edited:

Mercerenies

Recognizing the risk and being a fairly traditional cop, Deputy Cooper leaps out onto the scene, pointing his gun straight ahead, and says, "Freeze! Police!" If he identifies who is causing the flames, he shoots them immediately.

R

roytheshort

I notice the Cop in the corner of the room who thinks he can stop me.
"I don't think you know who you're dealing with."
I casually deflect the bullets using the chalice and slowly walk towards him, harvesting the blood from the corpses of the ensigns.

I create a 4D Pentagram in the space above the ground using the passing of time to arrange it into the slices of the shape in every instance, and use the resulting ritual to allow Deputy Cooper to have improved senses. Very improved senses. He can now see everything, all of time, all of space. He can see the past, he can see the future. He can see everything that will happen. Too bad his brain won't be able to cope.

N

nvrogers

Walter dives into Hell, planting the Union Jack on the way down. He locates Satan, punches him in the face, and then steals the immortal souls of the entire British army. Walter reemerges from Hell in the ballroom, with his ghost army close behind. He orders the ghostly soldiers to attack the multicolored man. As the forces charge, they let out centuries worth of battle cries.

The burning wreckage behind the ship slowly drifts into the shape of a url:
gmc.yoyogames.com

Ragster

"Shoot, I'm late!" Zebulon shouts, running towards the already-departed cruise ship. "Aiden, go fetch me a dolphin to ride!" Zeb says to his fellow Myna Bird. Aiden flies away towards the deep blue, out of sight from Zeb. A few minutes later, Zeb sees a fin emerge in the distant water, which Aiden was sitting atop of. "Good boy, Aiden," Zeb shouts as his companion slowly approaches him. Zeb is shocked to see that Aiden instead brought him a shark. "Squak! It was all I could find!" Aiden yells. "Ugh.... Guess I'll have to risk it," Zeb says to himself, dipping into the water next to the vicious predator. "Let's catch that cruise ship!"