• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Error with Keystore

Z

ZrOne

Hi,

I'm unable to generate a keystore file in GM2:Mobile

I get an error:
JDK not installed correctly at location entered in Android Platform Settings;

I tried re-installing java jdk1.8.0_131 x64 but no bueno, also tried x32 bit as well. My settings point to "C:\Java\jdk1.8.0_131"
I also tried to generate the keystore manually from the JRE folder but no go as well when I import and click Show Key Hash I get the same error.

Has anyone seen this, or has any clues where should I start fixing this?

G

I can verify you're not crazy, but I can't help. I assume that GMS2 is telling you that the Java JDK location is "Found." (If not, obviously, fix that.) But two days ago, I had to nuke GMS2 and reinstall from scratch, losing my settings. When I re-entered my keystore information and hit "import" I got the same error as you, even though my JDK was "found" and I hadn't changed any of my SDKs/JDKs. I mashed import/show key hash/import, maybe canceled and went back in, and---it worked. Not reassuring, I know. I've got nothing.

Z

ZrOne

You have to delete your previous.APK.. Kind of a stupid issue.

R

raymondwinge

I had the same problem. Then I tried to create an executable, and I had to generate a Keystore first. I clicked on the Generate button and suddenly the problem was gone.

G

I had the same problem. Then I tried to create an executable, and I had to generate a Keystore first. I clicked on the Generate button and suddenly the problem was gone.
I remember I hit generate, then it told me I was going to overwrite my existing key store, so I hit cancel.... but then it did work. I wonder if there's a bug buried somewhere in there.

I get an error:
JDK not installed correctly at location entered in Android Platform Settings;

I've installed Android Studio and tried linking to
A:\Program Files\Android\Android Studio\jre

I've installed JDK 8u131 (64bit) and tried linking to
A:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_131
A:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_131

I always get that error though when I hit generate keystore

E

Ergin Celik

Hi everybody ! I have the same error. I just bought GMs 2 :(

I tried to uninstall all my Java JDKs/JREs, and install only JDK 1.8.0_131, but this dosn't resolved the problem.

Then, I tried to build the .apk ....and it worked. I took 11 minutes (first build for android) and GMS2 created the application. I tested it on a mobile device :)

Maybe this can help somebody.

Lakko

i have the same problem.
I've installed JDK 8u144 (64bit) here C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_144
but don't work.Reinstalling JDK in C:\Java\jdk1.8.0_144 fixed the problem.
Hope it can help someone

R

Reginaldo garcia br

I had the same problem and error message, and found that I can solve this problem by going to android-sdk and looking for the sdk's default jdk.

AndyCandy

Hi, if I it can help somebody I found that Android Studios comes with open jdk 11, Game Maker will recognize it but will throw an error generating the key. I downloaded java jdk 1.8 from Oracle and it worked fine

Anyone coming to this thread, as of June 26th 2021, I solved this by downloading GM 2 beta version 23.1.1.306

None of the above solutions worked for me, only the beta fixed it, cheers.