Forum Game ★ Wish Upon A Star [7/∞] - Turn 9 - Reached the Cyberpunk Era ★

R

roytheshort

I go onto the blobby space, if I can continue, I leave the board to the left.

Mercerenies

Turn 6 - Norwegian Nebula

Interactive Game Board

Players

Misu - 10/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 30 points
* Pepperoni Pizza - Single use. Gain 3 ATK for the current turn. Simple and straightforward.
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

amusudan - 10/10 HP; 3 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 20 points
* Memory of Pineapple Pizza - You actually ate it?! This item cannot be dropped voluntarily. Any post you make which does not contain the phrase "I can't believe I actually ate that" will be considered null and void, and actions in that post will be ignored
* Rocketship - Single use. Select a cardinal direction to launch yourself in. You will land on the next non-gap space in that direction.
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

Lukasmah - 10/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 10 points; 1 gold coin
* Variety Pizza - Single use. Gain 1 ATK, 1 DEF, and 1 MOV for the current turn. +1 HP when used.
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

Bingdom - 10/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV
* Blue Bitwise Pizza - Single use. Preserve your energy by becoming blue and bitwise. +2 MOV for the current turn, and any players you pass have their items turned blue for the current turn.
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

roytheshort - 6/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 0 [this turn] MOV; 1,070 points
* Blue Calzone - I'm still not telling you what this does. Single use.
* Blue Mercerenies - A very sad Mercerenies. He's so sad that he's not going to make you any more clothes. You can make him less sad by collecting two gold coins. If you drop this item, then it turns into Red Mercerenies, an angry token.
* Blue Bee Movie Space - Wouldn't the Bee Movie be so much better if it was in blue? When you use this item, the next update will contain a picture from the Bee Movie but in blue. Single use.
* Cookie - Single use. +3 HP.
* (None)

kepons - 8/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 2 [/ 2] MOV; 20 points; 2 gold coins [Black Butter; One Turn Ago]
* Pizza Gun - Once per turn, you may shoot pizza sauce at a player on an adjacent space or the same space as you. That player will be mildly annoyed and will not be able to attack you for the current turn.
* Magic Bag - Select an adjacent or diagonal player. That player is inflicted with a random status effect. You may use this item up to once per turn.
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

John Andrews - 6/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 40 points
* Magic Wings - Spaces and items with "Gravity" in the name do not affect you while you hold this item. You may also walk freely over gaps with no penalty. If you end the turn on a gap, you will still fall through, though.
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

Tokens
* Sailor Blue (2/4 HP; 2 ATK; 2 MOV)
* Mother (3 MOV)
* Father (3 MOV)
* Steve the Girlfriend (1 MOV)
* The Breadstick Ghost (2 ATK; 5 MOV)
* Stephen Hawking (1 MOV)
* Baby Dragon (60 HP; 1 MOV)
* Barracks (20 HP) [Bingdom's]
* Hostile Cow (3 HP; 1 ATK; 2 MOV) [Bingdom's]
* Troll (5 HP; 4 ATK; 3 MOV)

Long-term Effects
* If this iteration of the game is still around on Christmas Day in 2017, every player gets a super-special Christmas themed item.
* If anyone refers to the game board as anything other than "Norway", they will be summarily teleported to a lone island from which there is no escape.
* A player who dies of heartfailure will be hailed as a patriotic hero.

New Effects
* The Code (purple space with black/white lines) - WUAS' source code is stored here. Unfortunately, it's encrypted, so you can't read it or change it. If there is ever not a gold coin on this space, the space will transform into something harmful.
* Norwegian Gun - +3 ATK as long as you hold this item, but every sentence you make must contain the word "Norway" or "Norwegian". If you break this rule, this item disintigrates.
* Troll (5 HP; 4 ATK; 3 MOV) - Does not move normally. If a player gets too close, the troll will pursue that player until death.
* Rocketship - Single use. Select a cardinal direction to launch yourself in. You will land on the next non-gap space in that direction. (So basically, an item form of the Cannon Space from a few games ago)

Happenings
* Kepons got a gold coin and is temporally offset by one turn.
* Lukasmah unlocked The Code!
* Oh boy, here we go. Roy got 1,070 pineapple points. Sailor Blue attacked Roy for 2 damage and shed a single tear when he realized he couldn't further blue-ify his items. Just after that, Roy's Mother baked him a cookie. Roy was then confronted by an angry ghost demanding breadsticks, who dealt 2 more damage. Stephen Hawking tried to present Roy with an awesome science-y gadget, but his inventory was full. Then Roy had his chance to counterattack, dealing damage to Sailor Blue. Just as Roy attempted to walk off the map to infinity and beyond, he was cut off by a very angry Father, who was having severe withdrawal from dad jokes this turn. Whew!
* The Barracks generated a Hostile Cow that is loyal to Bingdom.
* The entire game board has been turned into a Metroidvania with really awesome mechanics. The gameplay is extraordinary and everything is perfect. This truly is heaven on earth. As long as the board remains this way, all players should have a wonderful time doing anything at all.
* The board is now called Norway, and all spaces have been overwritten. Any player who refers to the board by an incorrect name shall suffer the consequences.
* A Norwegian Gun appeared near the bottom of the map. Likewise, mountain ranges appeared again. Five trolls showed up. Heartfailure is now the national dance. amusu got a Rocketship and can't believe he actually ate that.
* John Andrews got a pair of wings.

Announcements
* This is not me trying to get off without doing the Metroidvania wish, by the way. I think it's a cool idea and would still like to see it implemented. It's just this turn, amusu's wish overwrote it, and the only observable effect ended up being the movement of Start and the Altar to compensate the platformer mechanics.
* The reason only Roy was affected by all of those tokens and things is that he moved onto Mr. Blobby. Everyone else was already there and moved onto other spaces, but most token effects only trigger when moved onto. Also, Roy, come on. Dad jokes, again?
* The NPCs are just assumed to have not moved this turn. Since they would have moved before Mr. Blobby went away, there's really nowhere for them to go anyway.

Last edited:
R

roytheshort

I use the Blue Bee Movie Space. I also eat the Blue Calzone and the Cookie.
I now call the board Sweden, but seeing as a current rule states I am unable to move, I'd like to see the paradox resulting from this.

Also "Steve", your name is "Michelle". If I'm going to be trapped in a cell. I'm taking the insane girlfriend with me.

(Also what can I do with all this pineapple?)

Last edited:
A

amusudan

1 up, 4 right

I can't believe I actually ate that.

Last edited:

Mercerenies

Wait hold on what... I thought we weren't allowed to change basic game rules like that?
There is a bit of a gray area there. But here's my logic. amusu's wish could have been: "There will be a space way off the board. The space has this effect: As long as this space exists, any player who calls the game board by the wrong name is teleported to an island." That would have had the same observable effects and would be well within the rules, so I might as well not specifically forbid his simpler wording.

Mercerenies

So did I do it right? Yayy! :D
Technically your wings only protect you against things with "Gravity" in the name. But you can easily avoid the girlfriend by doing "right 1 down 4" or any variant thereof.

E: On top of that, Roy is summoning her Steve-y wrath before you move, so in all likelihood she'll be long gone by the time you get there anyway.

John Andrews

Living Enigma
Technically your wings only protect you against things with "Gravity" in the name. But you can easily avoid the girlfriend by doing "right 1 down 4" or any variant thereof.

E: On top of that, Roy is summoning her Steve-y wrath before you move, so in all likelihood she'll be long gone by the time you get there anyway.
yay! :D

Mercerenies

Turn 7 - Alone at Last

Interactive Game Board

Players

Misu - 6/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 30 points
* Pepperoni Pizza - Single use. Gain 3 ATK for the current turn. Simple and straightforward.
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

amusudan - 6/10 HP; 3 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 20 points
* Memory of Pineapple Pizza - You actually ate it?! This item cannot be dropped voluntarily. Any post you make which does not contain the phrase "I can't believe I actually ate that" will be considered null and void, and actions in that post will be ignored
* Rocketship - Single use. Select a cardinal direction to launch yourself in. You will land on the next non-gap space in that direction.
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

Lukasmah - 10/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 10 points; 1 gold coin
* Variety Pizza - Single use. Gain 1 ATK, 1 DEF, and 1 MOV for the current turn. +1 HP when used.
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

Bingdom - 6/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

roytheshort - 3/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 1,070 points [Bluest Blue]
* Blue Mercerenies - A very sad Mercerenies. He's so sad that he's not going to make you any more clothes. You can make him less sad by collecting two gold coins. If you drop this item, then it turns into Red Mercerenies, an angry token.
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

kepons - 8/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 20 points; 2 gold coins
* Pizza Gun - Once per turn, you may shoot pizza sauce at a player on an adjacent space or the same space as you. That player will be mildly annoyed and will not be able to attack you for the current turn.
* Magic Bag - Select an adjacent or diagonal player. That player is inflicted with a random status effect. You may use this item up to once per turn.
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

John Andrews - 2/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 40 points
* Magic Wings - Spaces and items with "Gravity" in the name do not affect you while you hold this item. You may also walk freely over gaps with no penalty. If you end the turn on a gap, you will still fall through, though.
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

Tokens
* Sailor Blue (2/4 HP; 3 ATK; 2 MOV)
* Mother (3 MOV)
* Father (3 MOV)
* Baby Dragon (59/60 HP; 1 MOV)
* Troll (5 HP; 4 ATK; 3 MOV) (x2)
* Troll (2/5 HP; 4 ATK; 3 MOV) (by amusudan)
* Sentient Cactus

Long-term Effects
* If this iteration of the game is still around on Christmas Day in 2017, every player gets a super-special Christmas themed item.
* If anyone refers to the game board as anything other than "Norway", they will be summarily teleported to a lone island from which there is no escape.

New Effects
* Bluest Blue - You may choose to ignore the effects of spaces, items, and tokens which have the name "Blue" in them.
* Sentient Cactus - Any player who passes this cactus takes 1 damage. Any token who passes this cactus is destroyed.

Happenings
* Roy eats a cookie and a blue calzone. +3 HP and gained the Bluest Blue status effect.
* Roy hast infuriated thine gods of Norway...eth. Unfortunately, Roy can't move, so his private island prison moves to him. Along the same vein, Roy made Steve angry and suffered a 6-HP slap to the face as a result.
* Bingdom ate Blue Bitwise Pizza.
* Bingdom, John, and Misu fought one another. Each player took 4 damage.
* Kepons has been de-butter-ified and returned to the present day.
* Lukasmah hast infuriated thine gods of Norway...est. Unlike Roy, Lukasmah can move, so he's been teleported to his own private island. Fortunately, because of the Altar's effects, he immediately got teleported back to Start, leaving an empty private island in the middle of nowhere.
* Sailor Blue gained ATK.
* Baby Dragon destroyed a mountain near the lava coin.
* Bingdom's Hostile Cow attacked Baby Dragon for 1 damage.
* A wild troll attacked amusudan. amusudan took 4 damage, and the troll took 3.
* A Sentient Cactus appeared on Norway.

Announcements
* Pineapple points are currently worthless. That being said, a wish could easily change that.

John Andrews

Living Enigma
2 right

I wish for many random spaces to become empty spaces
I wish for a teleporter to appear, it will teleport you to a separate game board, with coins

Mercerenies

Turn 8 - Bullet Holes

Interactive Game Board

Players

Misu - 6/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 30 points
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

Lukasmah - 6/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 10 points; 1 gold coin
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

roytheshort - 10/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 1,070 points
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

kepons - 4/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 20 points; 2 gold coins
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

Tokens
* Mother (3 MOV)
* Father (3 MOV)
* Troll (5 HP; 4 ATK; 3 MOV) [Bingdom's] (by Barracks)
* Troll (2/5 HP; 4 ATK; 3 MOV)
* Sentient Cactus (N/A)
* Red Mercerenies (4 ATK)

Long-term Effects
* Whenever a player moves, if that player ends their turn on a space other than Start or the Altar, that player's items are turned blue, as demanded by our benevolent deity Sailor Blue.

New Effects
* Red Mercerenies (4 ATK) - Pursues players of his choice for incredibly petty reasons. Attacks any player he passes.
* Teleporter - Single use. Teleports the player to another board, one with more gold coins.

Happenings
* Steve the Girlfriend killed Roy, who dropped his Blue Mercerenies in his frantic death. Blue Mercerenies became Red Mercerenies. Red Mercerenies and Steve got into a shouting match on their private island, but nothing of interest happened as a result of it.
* Sailor Blue's MOV increased.
* Baby Dragon destroyed a space a bit to the right of the Sentient Cactus.
* Bingdom's Barracks produced a Troll loyal only to him.
* Lukasmah, Kepons, and the Breadstick Ghost have fought. The two players involved took 4 damage each.
* A bunch of random spots on Norway became empty.
* A Teleporter appeared above the island of the feuding GM and Roy's grumpy girlfriend.
* Misu's blunder of calling Norway "the map" has created another private island.
* Sailor Blue has ascended to a godlike status. He is no longer a mere mortal occupying a space. He is now an area effect.
* A couple of trolls died this day, falling into miscellaneous pits for various reasons.
* Angry Hospital Spaces appeared in horizontal lines along Norway.

Announcements
* @Rukiri, if you'd like to join the game then you may. I suggest you skim over the first post in this topic, though, so you understand how the game works. Every player has their own separate gamepiece, and you'll start with five movement points, which means you can move only five spaces each turn.

A

amusudan

one left

I wish for norway to be taken over by homosexual cyberpunk nazis from space.

I can't believe I actually ate that.

Bingdom

Googledom
How close do I need to be for a troll to follow me? If another player is closer to the troll, but it's chasing me, would it chase the closest player instead?

R

roytheshort

Down 1, left 4.

WHAT IS OUTSIDE NORWAY???

Last edited:

Mercerenies

Turn 9 - Reached the Cyberpunk Era

Interactive Game Board

Players

Misu - 6/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 30 points [Sliced Bread]
* Blue Pepperoni Pizza - Single use. Gain 4 ATK for the current turn. Simple, straightforward, and blue.
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

Lukasmah - 4/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 10 points; 1 gold coin [Potatoes]
* Blue Variety Pizza - Single use. Gain 1 ATK, 1 DEF, and 1 MOV for the current turn. +1 HP when used. When you use this item, you get a regular Variety Pizza in its place.
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

roytheshort - 10/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 1,070 points
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

kepons - 4/10 HP; 2 ATK; 0 DEF; 5 MOV; 20 points; 2 gold coins
* Blue Pizza Gun - Once per turn, you may shoot pizza sauce at a player on an adjacent space or the same space as you. That player will be mildly annoyed and will not be able to attack you for the current turn. They will also be afflicted with Bluest Blue.
* Blue Magic Bag - Single use. Select any player. That player is inflicted with a random status effect.
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

* (None)
* (None)
* (None)
* (None)

Tokens
* Mother (3 MOV)
* Father (3 MOV)
* Troll (5 HP; 4 ATK; 3 MOV) [Bingdom's] (by Barracks)
* Troll (2/5 HP; 4 ATK; 3 MOV)
* Sentient Cactus (N/A)
* Red Mercerenies (4 ATK)
* Angry Nurse (4 ATK; 1 MOV) [Targeting John Andrews]
* Homosexual Cyberpunk Nazis from Space (x several)

Long-term Effects
* Whenever a player moves, if that player ends their turn on a space other than Start or the Altar, that player's items are turned blue, as demanded by our benevolent deity Sailor Blue.

New Effects
* Blue Pepperoni Pizza - Single use. Gain 4 ATK for the current turn. Simple, straightforward, and blue.
* Blue Variety Pizza - Single use. Gain 1 ATK, 1 DEF, and 1 MOV for the current turn. +1 HP when used. When you use this item, you get a regular Variety Pizza in its place.
* Potatoes - You are now a potato. If at any point you pick up or are carrying an item with "potato" in the name, you will become disgusted with the humans' treatment of your kind and lose your sanity. Your movements on the subsequent turn will be completely random, regardless of whether or not you post.
* Blue Pizza Gun - Once per turn, you may shoot pizza sauce at a player on an adjacent space or the same space as you. That player will be mildly annoyed and will not be able to attack you for the current turn. They will also be afflicted with Bluest Blue.
* Blue Magic Bag - Single use. Select any player. That player is inflicted with a random status effect.
* Angry Nurse (4 ATK; 1 MOV) - Pursues the player who created her, attacking them whenever she ends up on the same space.
* Homosexual Cyberpunk Nazis from Space (N/A) - A player who passes this token loses 1 HP. If the player already had only 1 HP, they are sent back to Start instead of being killed. In either case, once this token has performed its effect, it disappears.

Happenings
* Misu stepped on Annoying Trap #4. He is now Sliced Bread. The trap became Annoying Trap #2.
* Misu and Lukasmah had their items blue-ified.
* Lukasmah was shot with pizza sauce and became a potato because of Kepons.
* Kepons attacked Lukasmah for 2 damage. Lukasmah could not retaliate because he was covered in pizza sauce.
* The Breadstick Ghost was vaporized by the Sentient Cactus.
* Stephen Hawking tried to show a Hostile Cow some really cool science stuff but the Hostile Cow was not in a learning mood.
* The Baby Dragon obliterated a mountain space.
* Homosexual Cyberpunk Nazis from Space have inhabited every space*.

Announcements
* @Bingdom Trolls will always target the nearest player. The exact distance is not well-defined (since it was not included in the effect description given by amusudan) so it will be decided semi-randomly when you get close.

* Excludes those spaces which contain players, the Altar, Start, a gap, a gold coin, or a Sentient Cactus. Void where prohibited. Must be 18 to enter or play. Many will enter; few will win. Restrictions may apply.

Kepons

Lost The Bet
2 down, 1 left.

I wish for three Rogue Vacuum Cleaners (upload_2017-8-11_17-52-28.png) with 5 HP, 0 ATK, 0 DEF and 4 MOV to appear on random Neutral Spaces. A Rogue Vacuum Cleaner moves around randomly, avoiding gaps and sucking in all items and non-player tokens that are adjacent (not diagonally) to any tile it passes or stops on. Every sucked-in item and token increases its HP by 1. If its HP reaches 100, it explodes and dies. Once killed, it expels everything it has collected randomly on its current and adjacent tiles.