• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Sprite editor keyboard shortcuts not working on low end pc

S

Santikun

So I'm developing my game on a low end pc, and I've had no issues so far except for this. Everytime I make a keyboard shortcut, such as CTRL+Z or something as simple as pressing "DEL", they never do anything on the first attempt and hardly ever work. This worked on my decent-ish pc, but for some reason it doesn't on my low end pc. Sometimes I have to use point and click options, and some times, for some reason I have no clue why, the option is locked. (look at attached image)

Is there a way to fix this? Sometimes it can get REALLY annoying and frustrating. Here are my requeriments:

Code:
Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N2600   @ 1.60GHz  1,60 GHz
RAM: 2,00 GB
Maximum Resolution: 1024x600

Oh, I don't know if my computer is over or under the minimum requeriments, but before you say it's not, the rest of the engine works perfectly, it's just keyboard shortcuts on the sprite editor.

EDIT: It seems like it's not just the sprite editor, but today I noticed I'm having this same issue on other stuff too, such as deleting sprites.

EDIT 2: Ok this seems further than keyboard shortcuts. Sometimes, Game Maker will freak out and won't let me work on anything. Opening objects, rooms, etc only make my mouse go "loading" and open nothing at all. If I try to close GM, the "do you want to save" window shows up, but it does'nt do anything after that. This is only after a while of using it though, generally it works ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Droggog

This may seem dumb but have you tried opening the PC and remove dust, etc? Could be a cooling issue.

-Droggie

S

Santikun

This may seem dumb but have you tried opening the PC and remove dust, etc? Could be a cooling issue.

-Droggie
It doesn't sound dumb at all. I haven't, but I don't think that's the issue as it's the only software I constantly use that has this issue.