Free ColourSplash: Platform-Puzzler

L

Lino Iten

Hi there!

I'm a 15 year old who taught himself a little coding. I apologies for my bad english, I'm from switzerland and trying my best to let you understand what I'm talking about.
So I created my first ever game with Game Maker Studio 1.4. It is a Platform-Puzzler with a intresting mechanic of solving Puzzels. Because I'm not the best artist you may have seen on this forum, thats why i created very simple Sprites.
The core of the game is to get to the next Level! Surprised??
No, of course not.
The special mechanic i was talking about is what makes it so different.
I'll try to explain it now, but the best way to understand it is probably to just head over to that Link (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/695323?updated=1498065693 i hope it works) and try it out.;)
Because the text for the tutorial ingame seems to doesn't show up, I'm too dumb to export a HTML5 file correctly. Some other things are'nt correct aswell.
The MECHANIC:
You have one colour bullet in every direction (up. down, left and right). BUT ONLY ONE!!
(you can shoot them with your arrow keys)
When a bullet lands on a wall, it marks it. By pressing the arrow keys again you teleport to that specific location. Press ENTER to reset all bullets and teleport back to your last checkpoint!
Checkpoints are the blue blocks.
Thats actually all about that soo...
HAVE FUN!!!
upload_2017-6-21_20-27-14.png(This is one of the 10 levels)

D

DyingSilence

That's some barebones game here :D

Puzzles were overally fun, digging a fresh mechanic like you did is a sign of a potentially good designer. My only complain is that there's too little space for error with spikes when the player has to actually maneuver between them, i'd narrow them a little.
Also, the splatters sometimes don't show up, but the marker object seems to be still there.

The level design in it's cruelty reminds me of my early project, i too used to be like this :D

Overally, good work.

L

Lino Iten

That's some barebones game here :D

Puzzles were overally fun, digging a fresh mechanic like you did is a sign of a potentially good designer. My only complain is that there's too little space for error with spikes when the player has to actually maneuver between them, i'd narrow them a little.
Also, the splatters sometimes don't show up, but the marker object seems to be still there.

The level design in it's cruelty reminds me of my early project, i too used to be like this :D

Overally, good work.
Thank you very much for trying my game out, I always love to read about the thoughts of more experienced people. And the thing with the big spikes is true, sometimes they could be a little smaller

Last edited by a moderator: