Team Request Looking for people to make a small fun game with

P

Patchee

Let me first introduce myself.
My name is Jonas, i have been using game maker since 8.0.

I'm making this post because all team requests here seem to be focused on rather professional projects.
I'm interested in making a small fun game with other people, as i have a hard time finishing stuff on my own.

What i have in mind is nothing serious, but rather for practice.

If you are also interested in practicing by making a small yet fun game, please let me know.

Edit:
Game idea: You are a blind person who has lost his/hers stick. You must now feel your way around in order to find your phone. Walls will appear as you touch them(same goes for furniture). Naturally these walls will fade away after a while, as you forget exactly where they were. A car driving past the house can also give you a hint as to where you are.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sanil

I am interested as well, although can you elaborate a little more on the game concept....

O

Okkie

I am interested in leeching along (quite new to gamemaker / game development).
For the most part: I would like to observe.
I will also be able to: Test the game and sniff for bugs; Google stuff; Provide/'bounce' ideas and concepts; *basic* programming.
Feel free to decline.

S

svrij22

I a.m interested in leeching along (quite new to gamemaker / game development).
For the most part: I would like to observe.
I will also be able to: Test the game and sniff for bugs; Google stuff; Provide/'bounce' ideas and concepts; *basic* programming.
Feel free to decline.
Hey, my name is Sep.

I have been working with game maker since 6.0. I've been using GameMaker for about 7-8 years now and I am 16 years old.
I have made over 700 unfinished projects, which of only about 16 ever got finished/published, so I kinda have the same problem.
I'd like to team up with you and create a game and release it online. I mostly specialize in mobile games, because it gives me revenue.
I have both GameMaker2 and 1.4 licenses for Android/iOS.

Message me if you're interested

P

PurpleFreezer

Contact me, PurpleFreezer, via twitter or gmail if you need good music.

Ledez

Hey, I'm interested in participate. I would like to collaborate and in the same way might learn new stuff.

B

Beersy

how come when i post looking for help i get hardly any response but when this posts theres a 100 people replying. i see how it is

JimB

I think Beersy it's because it's a fun project with no emphasis on being commercial.
Although I would suggest the scenario be something like a darkened house out in the
woods or the likes other than a blind person groping for their stick.
will the game be 2D or 3D ,I ask because I'm not too bad at 3D modeling?

B

Beersy

I think Beersy it's because it's a fun project with no emphasis on being commercial.
Although I would suggest the scenario be something like a darkened house out in the
woods or the likes other than a blind person groping for their stick.
will the game be 2D or 3D ,I ask because I'm not too bad at 3D modeling?
hey all my games are fun and it isnt "commercial" its just looking for cool people to work with!

Reign

I'd be interested in working on a simple 2D game with someone. preferably a game with the potential for commercial release though. Willing to partner with anyone that's at least moderately experienced in something like pixel art, programming, audio, game design, physics, etc.

D

DevGuyDonny

how come when i post looking for help i get hardly any response but when this posts theres a 100 people replying. i see how it is
Goes to show you that this team would have lasted two seconds.

B

Beersy

hey all im totally up for building a team up. Im not really committed to anything right now other than just messing with a few ideas but id rather work with some of you guys and build something special that can be put out there and hey even make some profit! So this is the level im at as far as coding just so everyone knows my stengths and weaknesses i guess. Im only saying this because I really care about making something really special, and I really want to find some really cool people who are just as committed into making a game as i am. The fear is someone that for some reason just stops helping for some whatever reason.

With that said my heart is really at doing 2d games. I love platforming games, AND adventure games. So think of it like I love doing something like super mario where you go level by level, and I love doing metroid like games where its nonlinear and you go back and forth finding upgrades.

I use photoshop so i can make graphics with different kinds of styles. I got a degree in video production so i can do sound design and graphics. Im also a writer so I have some story ideas or can create stories if we needed for a game.

Some stuff that i cant do at least with Studio is, im not that great with lighting, and text dialogues. im not the best at composing music either.

Anyway so i have ideas for a game or open to anyone that does. I dont care what experience anyone has, as long as you wanna help and keep helping ill work with anyone.

I have a facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/beersygames/

that has a little bit of what ive been working on.

this has some of the games ive donw if you guys wanna see what ive done. I hope you guys get back with me!

http://gamejolt.com/@beersypro/games

Beersy

A

Aaron Kendrick

If y'all have a discord, I'll stop by if you ever want my programming advice :)